Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:46 AM

Default felon friendly countries?

I've searched and contributed to several threads on travelling with a felony conviction. but I'm wondering if there is a location or thread that covers maybe a list of places that allow felons, or list paperwork requirements etc?

I may have to do a lot of job related travelling and it's killing me trying to research one country at a time (and coming up with nothing many times). Is there a better resource than usembassy.gov?

Also I believe business and personal travel could have different requirements, so it would be great to differentiate that (ie, I have friends in Germany, so if my work takes me to Euro, I'd like to know personal entry requirements).

I could plain just be screwed, I dunno. I know I basically cant go to .au or .ca (without far too much work and $$ with no guarantee of success).
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2005, 12:09 PM

You might want to try escapeartist.com I know what any or all of you might be thinking now....lol. It is a website for expatriots (not those that wish to overthrow) those perhaps tired of beurocracy or are looking to live abroad. They have everything from real estate to tons of information about every country. Crime rates, how Americans are treated, customs, visa info, how and if an American can buy property. I was really just looking mostly at real estate in tropical areas,but I hope it does help you with your endeavor!!!EscapeArtist Home Page: Living Overseas - International Real Estate, Overseas Jobs - Expatriate Resources - Overseas Retirement
Old 09-13-2005, 12:23 PM

Interesting website... I may just bookmark that . But no info that I could find on felons (browsed for a while after the search engine turned up nothing on felon or felony).
Old 09-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Not trying to escape, dont want to be hunted by US Marshalls. I went on the site looking for anything I could to help you and found this article. It may not be what you are looking for, but had some good information and I found myself laughing the more read. Will keep looking.....The Expatriate Act - Getting New Nation Residency & A New Passport
Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM

Very interesting site. So much to read!