Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Georgia prisons.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Kebela1's Avatar
Kebela1 Kebela1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Douglasville, Georgia USA
Posts: 754
Thanks: 8
Thanked 76 Times in 26 Posts
Default Information on Paulding Probation Detention Center?

Has anyone had a loved one in Paulding County Probation Detention Center? I have a friend there and would like any information on the facility that I can get. I have tried to look it up on the internet, but can't find anything. I have never heard of a probation detention center. Doesn't really make any sence to me.
__________________
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10708;80/st/20100325/e/James+will+be+home+%3A%29/k/db47/event.png"></a>
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
~BabyG~'s Avatar
~BabyG~ ~BabyG~ is offline
He's home!!!
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: N.W. GA
Posts: 634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

This is all I could find. I think it is the same as the detention center. The contact number for them is: Phone: (770) 443-3021 / Fax: (770) 443-3045

Here is some information that I found on the website. I hope it help. If you are in doubt...give them a call.





Mail

All inmate mail must have a return address on the envelope. All incoming mail will be opened and inspected for money orders and/or contraband. The only thing an inmate can receive through the mail is certified checks, money orders and 3 pictures that are not Polaroid. These pictures can not contain nudity, depict violence or depict illegal activity. An Inmate is allowed to have 3 pictures in their possession at any time. If any mail contains anything other than the items listed above, the entire envelope and everything in it will be returned to the sender.

All mail must be addressed to: Paulding County Detention Center
(Inmate’s name and id number)
25 Industrial Way North
Dallas, Ga. 30132

Books

Inmates may receive 3 soft back books through the mail provided they follow the proper procedures. The inmate must first fill out an inmate request listing the name of the titles of the soft back books and send it to the Jail Administrator for his approval. The soft cover books must come directly from the publisher or bookstore and shall be shipped pre-paid directly to the facility from the publisher or bookstore.

Inmate Accounts

Money may be left for an inmate at the reception or control window 24 hours a day seven days a week. Cash, cashier’s checks or money orders only will be accepted. Money orders and cashier’s checks will be accepted through the mail. DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL. Personal checks will not be accepted. All money orders and cashier’s checks must have the inmate’s name and the facility name on them. The sender’s name and address are also required. Upon release from the facility, all funds credited to the inmate’s account may be picked up by the inmate only during normal business hours- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Inmate accounts and their balance can not be discussed with anyone other than the inmate. Funds can only be released to the inmate or someone with a signed and notarized release form.

Each inmate may purchase commissary 1 day per week. The schedule is determined by the location of the inmate. Inmates are allowed to spend up to $45.00 on their commissary day. Money must be deposited at the reception window by 12:00 midnight on the night before their commissary day for them to receive it. The commissary carries hygiene products, stamps, writing materials, underwear, socks, sodas, snack items and prepaid phone cards.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Kebela1's Avatar
Kebela1 Kebela1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Douglasville, Georgia USA
Posts: 754
Thanks: 8
Thanked 76 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Thank you so much for the information. It is much appreciated.
__________________
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10708;80/st/20100325/e/James+will+be+home+%3A%29/k/db47/event.png"></a>
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2005, 06:50 PM
~BabyG~'s Avatar
~BabyG~ ~BabyG~ is offline
He's home!!!
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: N.W. GA
Posts: 634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Anytime Kebela1~!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Just got 6 months at Paulding - Need info please.

Hello, first post at this place, I have been reading about a month or two until I got a call last tuesday that told me that DOC found a bed for me at a detention center and that I would need to turn myself in on the 20th. Now, I don't know much about these probation detention centers, its really hard to get any info on them, my PO doesn't even know. Well, I took a plea for 4 counts of entering an auto. Fist offenders 10 years probation and 6 months in a detention center. I want to know anything about this place(s) if its possible, how do the phones work? visitation? what is the daily routine? are they easy time compared to prisons? I THINK they said I am going to one in Paulding Co, GA. I do know that my PO told me it would be military style but its not a boot camp. I have been to county before but this is my first felony(s) so I never had to deal with DOC or anything before.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:03 AM
crisco's Avatar
crisco crisco is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, Californa
Posts: 493
Thanks: 22
Thanked 299 Times in 155 Posts
Default

what the heck are they giving you 10 years probation for entering a car. That should have been 3 years probation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco View Post
what the heck are they giving you 10 years probation for entering a car. That should have been 3 years probation.

This is in Fayette County. So if you have ever been around here you would see how they sentence people around here. IMO its the worst county in GA sentencing wise. (it was 4 counts though not just one)

The prosecutors and my attorney said they would try to give me 20 years if I would have taken it to trial. (5 years per count)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 AM
kae's Avatar
kae kae is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ☆★☆♥ 4eva in his heart ♥★☆★
Posts: 1,326
Thanks: 963
Thanked 497 Times in 349 Posts
Default

hey BPowder,

welcome to pto and the ga forum. i'm not familiar w/ Paulding County but I will tell you that all GA state prisons are run "military style". That means inmates' uniforms and living spaces (cells/dorms/lockers) must be inspection ready during the week at all times. If messy and unkempt you run the risk of getting written up and/or going to the hole. During the weekend the rules are lax and you can wear shorts and sneakers.

my advice to you is to call paulding county directly. call them ASAP. find out the mailing address, what phone system is used, what are the visitation days and how to get loved ones approved for visitation. ask them if inmates can receive packages and/or books/magazines and if so how frequently. those little things will keep you connected to your family/friends while you are away. feel free to share the info here because there may be others out there who are wondering.

you didn't say if you have to go thru diagnostics first. if you don't know, find out. there's a bunch of info about Jackson Diagnostics here in the GA forum.

i pray your 6 months goes by smoothly and quickly.

Last edited by kae; 07-13-2010 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

By military style I meant like marching and getting yelled at constantly, well moreso than at a prison. But thanks for the info. I knew about searches and uniforms and stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well, it isn't paulding and they refuse to tell me where I am going for "security reasons." I just know I am going to a det center Tuesday and they won't tell anyone until I get there.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone know who I would be using the phone through? And do you get 1 free call when you get there like jail or do they make you pay for it right off the bat?

Thats mainly what I wanted to find out but my probation officer and GDOC is pulling my chain.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 AM
TravisMom1992's Avatar
TravisMom1992 TravisMom1992 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eden GA US
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpowder View Post
Hello, first post at this place, I have been reading about a month or two until I got a call last tuesday that told me that DOC found a bed for me at a detention center and that I would need to turn myself in on the 20th. Now, I don't know much about these probation detention centers, its really hard to get any info on them, my PO doesn't even know. Well, I took a plea for 4 counts of entering an auto. Fist offenders 10 years probation and 6 months in a detention center. I want to know anything about this place(s) if its possible, how do the phones work? visitation? what is the daily routine? are they easy time compared to prisons? I THINK they said I am going to one in Paulding Co, GA. I do know that my PO told me it would be military style but its not a boot camp. I have been to county before but this is my first felony(s) so I never had to deal with DOC or anything before.
Bpowder-- Welcome to PTO. I am very new to the probation det centers too. My son, 18, got sentenced on July 21st 11 months at a PDC. He is in county right now waiting for a bed. This is my first time ever having to deal with sentencing, probation, the whole nine yards. They haven't told him where he's going either and I hear they won't. That sux!! But if you find out anything as far as phone systems, visitation and so on, please post it as it might be of some help to me. Might not be the same but atleast it will give me an idea. Do you happen to know if the visitation is contact or not? My son heard it was but I just would like to know. Take care and I hope it goes by fast.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Bpowder Bpowder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayette Co, GA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisMom1992 View Post
Bpowder-- Welcome to PTO. I am very new to the probation det centers too. My son, 18, got sentenced on July 21st 11 months at a PDC. He is in county right now waiting for a bed. This is my first time ever having to deal with sentencing, probation, the whole nine yards. They haven't told him where he's going either and I hear they won't. That sux!! But if you find out anything as far as phone systems, visitation and so on, please post it as it might be of some help to me. Might not be the same but atleast it will give me an idea. Do you happen to know if the visitation is contact or not? My son heard it was but I just would like to know. Take care and I hope it goes by fast.

The only thing I think I know is that visitation is several hours long and its contact, not just through the window.

It seems that my prob officer messed up the paper work so now I leave Tuesday instead of last Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM
onlyeyesforhim onlyeyesforhim is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: georgia USA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my husband is currently at paulding pdc. he just got there this past tues. he called me that afternoon around 4 to let me know his number and the address. he also told me to call Global link to setup an account for my phone so he could call me. it was actually a great big pain and i kept getting different info from different people with global. it is taking several days to setup for him to call. so i havent heard from him yet. maybe tomorrow. its prepay and you have to fax proof of cell phone. i hear visitaion will take some time also considering there is a form he must request to be mailed tome and then i fill it out and mail it back, plus it must be approved after a background check. crazy. could be two to three weeks before we can visit.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
allwalker allwalker is offline
Georgia
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default paulding detention center info

My son was sentenced 9 months at Pauding Probation Detention Center. He did 7 weeks and got into a fight so they put him out and sent him back to Fayette Jail where is waiting for a revocation hearing. They are very strict. Everyone is up very early. Most have a work duty they go on daily. If you have pending charges you don't go, you stay there all day and clean, etc., no laying down, sleeping, etc. Go ahead and get set-up with Global Tel-link because they are slow and petty. Visitation last for several hours. Everyone with a visitor that day goes into one room and sits in a chair across from their loved one. There are vending machines in there. Take plenty of change as you can buy them something. No touching. They watch you like you hawk. So, how long have you all had to wait on a bed?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allwalker For This Useful Post:
toriontherun (01-05-2011)
  #16  
Old 09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
allwalker allwalker is offline
Georgia
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Default what I know about Paulding Probation Detention Center

My son was sentenced 9 months at Pauding Probation Detention Center. He did 7 weeks and got into a fight so they put him out and sent him back to Fayette Jail where is waiting for a revocation hearing. They are very strict. Everyone is up very early. Most have a work duty they go on daily. If you have pending charges you don't go, you stay there all day and clean, etc., no laying down, sleeping, etc. Go ahead and get set-up with Global Tel-link because they are slow and petty. Visitation last for several hours. Everyone with a visitor that day goes into one room and sits in a chair across from their loved one. There are vending machines in there. Take plenty of change as you can buy them something. No touching. They watch you like you hawk. So, how long have you all had to wait on a bed?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 PM
satchimosmom's Avatar
satchimosmom satchimosmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I know this is n older thread, but wanted to comment in case anyone else is searching.

My son is currently at Paulding PDC. He is much happier there than at county. Time is flying by for him since he works four days a week. He really enjoys the church services (offered on multiple nights). Visitation is awesome as we get a hug upon entering and again on leaving! (First time I have gotten to touch my son since beginning of December). The food is decent and more plentiful than at county.

Don't mail any books to them as the inmate as to request them by name and they have to be approved first.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Goin' Postal Goin' Postal is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville,GA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Questions

How did your son do with Paulding County Detention Center. My son starts his 6 month on Oct 9, 2012. I am so scared for him. I am sure they will not approve of the books he has picked from Amazon.com. Do I really need to hook up to the phone program. Can't he just call collect? I guess just land line? So many questions and not enough answers on their website.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
satchimosmom's Avatar
satchimosmom satchimosmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default

My son really thrived there. Yes, they are incredibly strict and he worked his rear off; however, time went by quickly, and it made him feel good to get out and work. Tell your son to make sure he keeps his distance from troublemakers as he will likely get caught up with them. They will actually pull you out of there and just send you to prison...or extend your time (which is pretty common). There were a lot of younger men who would sneak and smoke. Make sure he stays away from them. And, if someone throws a punch, he had better not strike back or he will be in big trouble. That never happened with my son, but he had already thought it through. He was going to throw himself face down on the ground so that he couldn't possibly be accused of fighting...lol!

Yes, you do need to set up the phone! And your son needs to mail you the visitation request form ASAP. If they receive it back from you by Wednesday, you may get approved in time to visit that weekend. You will just need to call before you go out for visitation to make sure you are on the list.

How old is your son? Don't be scared. I was, too, but it all ended up just fine. They just have to be careful to not get drawn into arguments, etc. Just make the best of the situation and abide by every single rule. It will be over with before he knows it! When he goes out on work detail, he needs to work steady to impress the guard, because, if the guard doesn't score him well, he could potentially have his exit day delayed.

The books - well, the staff will pull the books up on amazon and read the description. My son read some science fiction. I know some of the guys had the Twilight series there and he ended up reading those...lol!

Back to the phone - it can be a cell phone. It is a different process to get the cell phone approved. Seems I had to fax them the first page of my bill. Call the company and ask. You cannot set it up in advance (because I tried to do that). Seems his name had to show up on the list of current inmates before they could set it up. The phone people were very pleasant, though.

If you have money to send for his store purchases, make sure you do that right away. There were a lot of guys who got absolutely nothing. My son shared with some of them (the nice ones), but he had a couple of guys that tried to just demand it. My son just ignored their comments. Thankfully it never turned into anything. I heard there was a problem of theft there, but my son never experienced that in his dorm. Hopefully, your son will be in one of the better dorms. I think they have an honors dorm for well behaved inmates...and perhaps they have one just for troublemakers? They did have tv to watch during their down time. And, I don't know how your son feels about church, but they have some AMAZING services there. Tell him to at least try it

Any other questions, let me know. It's only been a little over a year since my son left, but it feels like a lifetime ago...thankfully! Hope I never have to see my son behind bars and in one of those ugly jumpsuits ever again!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
satchimosmom's Avatar
satchimosmom satchimosmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Here's the number for Paulding Detention Centerb- 770-443-7807. Most of the staff is pretty decent to the families, but some of them are not. My daughter forgot to fill out the back side of her visitation request form, so they denied her. It took about six weeks for her to get another form and get approved.

Your son will be asked how many visitation forms he needs. So, go ahead and figure that out. And tell him to ask for one or two more than he thinks he needs. Because, once he has given them that number, he cannot go to them later and ask for more. My son was able to get an extra off of someone to send to my daughter after she had messed hers up. They do a background check on all potential visitors. I believe any felons will be refused. I know that misdemeanor DUIs got approved. The visits last for about 3 hours or so. Take a clear bag of quarters (up to $20) for the vending machines. You will also need your auto tag number...but you are not allowed to have even a piece of paper on you (only your license, keys, and the money bag), so I wrote my tag number on the Baggie! Worked well
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Goin' Postal Goin' Postal is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fayetteville,GA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchimosmom View Post
My son really thrived there. Yes, they are incredibly strict and he worked his rear off; however, time went by quickly, and it made him feel good to get out and work. Tell your son to make sure he keeps his distance from troublemakers as he will likely get caught up with them. They will actually pull you out of there and just send you to prison...or extend your time (which is pretty common). There were a lot of younger men who would sneak and smoke. Make sure he stays away from them. And, if someone throws a punch, he had better not strike back or he will be in big trouble. That never happened with my son, but he had already thought it through. He was going to throw himself face down on the ground so that he couldn't possibly be accused of fighting...lol!

Yes, you do need to set up the phone! And your son needs to mail you the visitation request form ASAP. If they receive it back from you by Wednesday, you may get approved in time to visit that weekend. You will just need to call before you go out for visitation to make sure you are on the list.

How old is your son? Don't be scared. I was, too, but it all ended up just fine. They just have to be careful to not get drawn into arguments, etc. Just make the best of the situation and abide by every single rule. It will be over with before he knows it! When he goes out on work detail, he needs to work steady to impress the guard, because, if the guard doesn't score him well, he could potentially have his exit day delayed.

The books - well, the staff will pull the books up on amazon and read the description. My son read some science fiction. I know some of the guys had the Twilight series there and he ended up reading those...lol!

Back to the phone - it can be a cell phone. It is a different process to get the cell phone approved. Seems I had to fax them the first page of my bill. Call the company and ask. You cannot set it up in advance (because I tried to do that). Seems his name had to show up on the list of current inmates before they could set it up. The phone people were very pleasant, though.

If you have money to send for his store purchases, make sure you do that right away. There were a lot of guys who got absolutely nothing. My son shared with some of them (the nice ones), but he had a couple of guys that tried to just demand it. My son just ignored their comments. Thankfully it never turned into anything. I heard there was a problem of theft there, but my son never experienced that in his dorm. Hopefully, your son will be in one of the better dorms. I think they have an honors dorm for well behaved inmates...and perhaps they have one just for troublemakers? They did have tv to watch during their down time. And, I don't know how your son feels about church, but they have some AMAZING services there. Tell him to at least try it

Any other questions, let me know. It's only been a little over a year since my son left, but it feels like a lifetime ago...thankfully! Hope I never have to see my son behind bars and in one of those ugly jumpsuits ever again!
So how long was your son in Paulding PDC? Is it just for under one year? I didn't realize females were there also. Our son is 23 and is supposed to be there 6 months. We sent money for a month in his account it was cheaper with the jpay fees than paying weekly. I am thinking he will have more expenses at first buying the tennis shoes and calling cards. We haven't gotten the paperwork yet. I talked to GTL.net and the lady was real nice and said as long as he bought the calling cards I didn't have to set up anything. It seemed like she pulled up our home account with AT&T and she said I could get collect calls. I have gotten home too late every night to talk to the billing at AT&T and been a calling loops with recordings. Bellsouth was never that hard to talk to a person.
What about pajamas or casual clothes? Can they buy them at the store or can I send some.
I am writing my first letter to him and it is so hard not to complain about this situation our family is dealing with now. When we dropped him off at the jail at 5:00 a.m. I had a flash back memory of taking him to preschool for the first day with his Ninja Turtle back pack 19 years ago. This is so hard.
My son picked out a bunch of books on Amazon before he left but we heard if there is fighting and sex they wouldn't allow. He likes fantasy science fiction but we were thinking they wouldn't even allow Harry Potter. JK Rowlings has a new book but it wouldn't be in paperback. He put 5 George R R Maritin books on the wish list. He was the author for Game of Thrones. Might be too violent.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
satchimosmom's Avatar
satchimosmom satchimosmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Hi! I can certainly relate to what you were saying about dropping him off and then remembering back to his first day of school. It absolutely broke my heart to see my baby boy handcuffed. I remember seeing him turn his head my way as they were leading him off. He gave me a smile which seemed to say, "I'll be alright, Mom! Don't worry."

I had no idea they had females there, as well.

My son was sentenced to six months; however, the judge was willing to suspend the last three months provided my son was willing to go to long-term rehab (which is what he did and so he was only there three months).

I believe Harry Potter is fine. Someone there had The Vampire Diaries and my son ended up reading all of them...lol! So, Harry Potter shouldn't be an issue.

Regarding casual clothes and pajamas - NO! They are not allowed to wear anything like that. They have big, torn-up, ugly, tan-colored coveralls that they wear along with work boots. They will take the clothing he came in with and store them until the day he leaves.

Try not to worry too much. He will make it through this thing!

SatchimosMom
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
satchimosmom's Avatar
satchimosmom satchimosmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Oh, forgot a couple of things -

What is this about tennis shoes? There were no tennis shoes while my son was there. (BTW, my son was 23 when he was there).

Also, most of the inmates were there for a year or less. There were, however, a few inmates who were sentenced up to four years. I remember my son telling me that the one guy took four years there versus 15 years in prison! It's hard work to be there and it's considered a privilege to be sent there. I can tell you this much - the men who are there were sent because the judge felt there was hope for these men to turn their lives around. Otherwise, they just give up on them and ship them off to prison.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM
mydearestson's Avatar
mydearestson mydearestson is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: georgia/lowndes county
Posts: 120
Thanks: 9
Thanked 97 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpowder View Post
This is in Fayette County. So if you have ever been around here you would see how they sentence people around here. IMO its the worst county in GA sentencing wise. (it was 4 counts though not just one)

The prosecutors and my attorney said they would try to give me 20 years if I would have taken it to trial. (5 years per count)
sorry to say but lowndes county valdosta is the worse this county is well known from miami to california and that is no joke.
__________________
AND THIS SHALL PASS, WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
laneyb's Avatar
laneyb laneyb is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gwinnett county GA
Posts: 285
Thanks: 21
Thanked 205 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydearestson View Post
sorry to say but lowndes county valdosta is the worse this county is well known from miami to california and that is no joke.
Fortunately I have zero experience with Lowndes County, unfortunately I have defended many in Fayette.....I truly sympathize with Lowndes County offenders. Defendants who would receive probation in most counties were sentenced to 3 years in Fayette...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics