Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS > Kansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Kansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Kansas prisons.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
WaitingForJohn

Default Information on Ellsworth Correctional Facility

My sweetie just got moved to Ellsworth, and I was wondering if anyone had any info about this place. I called, and they sounded nicer than most, but I just don't trust their voices anymore!!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Heather
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

HI this was all the info I could find on Ellsworth but it seems very informative. First hand experiences I can not help you with at all.... but hopefully this will give you some ideas.......
http://docnet.dc.state.ks.us/ecf/standard/default.htm

Kelly
Old 09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
MAGENTA

i visited my husband there last year and they are pretty nice just watch your dress. they are very to the letter about cleavage showing,etc. and they have hot food you can buy so just make sure you bring enough $ to get tokens and have quarters for pop their pop is only 25cents
Old 09-20-2005, 10:44 AM
WaitingForJohn

Thanks so much for the info. I go up to visit him on the 8th and I am very nervous about it. It is the first time that I have ever visited him!!!!!! Wish me luck!

Heather
Old 09-20-2005, 02:19 PM

Good luck Heather, and most of all: enjoy the visit!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

Heather, my sweetie is at Ellsworth. Until very recently I went every other weekend to visit. I got a new job and I work weekends, good money couldn't pass it up. I think you will be fine but definately adhere to the dress code, thats what I see getting flack the most. The coin machines do NOT take new 20 dollar bills so make sure its an old one.

If they approve my special visit I will get to go on the 5th Keeping my fingers crossed, I will find out Friday!

PM me if you want to know anything else! I will try to help!

Mariah

P.S. I live in Pomona 20ish minutes from you and went to Osage City High for a short time!

Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 AM

How did the visit go?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
WaitingForJohn

Oh, I haven't went up yet. I don't go until the 8th of September. Only two weeks away!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:15 PM

Default been there done that

my baby was there until they moved him to winfield but it was ok its such a small town and the people are ok. my baby told me its very clean so thats good. good luck miss D
Old 10-10-2005, 09:47 AM
WaitingForJohn

Ok, just got back to work after a WONDERFUL weekend with my baby. It was better than I ever imagined. The first kiss was a little akward, but everything after that was great. His favorite activity while I'm there is to peel off my fingernail polish. Saturday, he did that to fight those akward silences and then by Sunday, it was just a habit!! I am going to have to invest in more nail polish!! I was so nervous going in, because I had no clue what to do!! I figured it out alright, and by Sunday I knew what I was supposed to do, so that was alright. I loved being able to look at him, see him smile, and two of his friends were out in the visiting area also, so I got to see who he's around everyday. It was just flat out amazing, and to kiss, may I say huge fire works!! So, needles to say, it was wonderful. I am going up this weekend to see him again, but, wow, I just thought that I had to share how things went. And you know, it's really easy to sit here on the outside and think that inmates are bad people. But then, you get to know one, get introduced into the prison world, and they aren't at all. They are some of the sweetest, most kind people there are that have just got caught doing bad things. I mean, sure, there are still those bad apples, but for the majority, none of them were the "thugs" that I thought they would be. I loved everything about the visit, and thanks again to all of you who helped me out with this.

Heather
Old 10-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Glad you had such wondful visits!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

Heather, I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful visit! Ellsworth is laid back and makes it easy on a person visiting. Hope you get many more wonderful visits! Take care.
Mariah

Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM

I'm glad you had such a great visit but I had to laugh at him scraping off your nail polish Mine used to take his ID tag clip and file my nails if he saw a snag. Then like you, it just became habit and he did it every visit. It's good to see I'm not alone in knowing a prison mannicurist

And you're right, most people on the outside only know the sensationalized crimes that the news tells them. People are more than their mistakes and until someone faces this nightmare, they'll never fully understand...

I hope you have a great visit this weekend too now that you're a pro
Old 10-13-2005, 03:38 PM
WaitingForJohn

Oooh, I am leaving to go back up tomorrow. Does it ever seem to anyone else that the weeks or months before a visit fly by but the week of goes so slowly? The last two weeks have been the slowest of the entire year!!! I get nervous and all butterflies at the thought of seeing him and trying to come up with what to say!! He's so awesome and sometimes I feel afraid to pale in comparison!!! But I'll die trying!! Ellsworth, here I come...

Old 11-04-2005, 12:25 PM
WaitingForJohn

Talking

Hey Everyone!! Just thought that I would give an update!! I went up and saw him three weeks in a row at Ellsworth. It was pretty expensive, thought, so I took a break. For one weekend!! It was the longest weekend of my life it seems!! I definately hated going without when I had gotten so used to be spoiled. But luckily for me, he got transferred. He is in El Dorado East, which is only 70 miles south of me!! Yay!! And we get to visit from 9-3 on Saturday and Sunday. I am just glad that he got transferred before Thanksgiving so that I could go and see him for four days for 6 hours each, instead of three days of the old 7:00 to 10:30. I love him so much, and knowing that I get to see him every weekend now and not have to spend a small fortune, and actually get to stay in my own bed, well...I don't see how things could get much better without him being out!! Thanks you guys for listening to me ramble. I am just so happy that I could burst!!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

Heather, i am so happy for you that he got moved closer. What a blessing. My sweetie got his minimum status this month and had put in for a transfer to Lansing, which is closer to us and they shot him down. Told him that due to the recent points change the KDOC now has many more minimum inmates. So maybe next year!

Enjoy your visits!
Mariah

Old 11-11-2005, 01:32 PM
WaitingForJohn

That's awful, hopefully something will happen and he'll finally get to move closer. It is such a wonderful thing not to have to use an entire weekend going to see him when half of it is spent in a hotel. I would and did do it, but this is just so much easier and I wish that it was easier for you too, for all of us really. But if if's were fifths we'd all be drunk!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

hehehehehe good one heather, i will keep that in mind

Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Banned

Well guess where I will be spending my time....... Guess I am now hangin out on the Ellsworth threads!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

Welcome to the Ellsworth Threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY I have someone to talk to about Ellsworth!

Old 12-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

Yup Yup we can talk together being that no one else wants to join us. )
Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 AM
WaitingForJohn

Rocky's, where did you move from? I really liked ellsworth. Has anyone told you about Outside Connections yet? It's really cheap, $15 for one night and $20 for two. Everything is donated, so it isn't always the nicest, but it's a bed and a shower and a roof over your head. I always took a little tv and a dvd player to pass the time away from my guy. But Polly runs the place and is super nice, and I'll tell ya, the guys sure love being able to see their girlies both days!! If you have any questions, I'll gladly answer them, because I am almost a pro at their visits, like which guards are cool and which ones aren't!!! John and I are doing well, by the way. It seems to be getting harder with every visit to leave him and go home. As time grows smaller, the ache grows bigger you know? But, hang in there guys, it helps them to stay on track so much more knowing that there is people caring while they are in and a home to come to once they get out!!

Much love for yall

Old 12-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

LOL Heather, which guards are cool and which aren't? I have been visiting there for over a year and I know 2 that I think aren't cool. But honestly I never pay them any mind unless im in trouble lol which has only been once! But I really want to hear your experiences!

Old 12-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Banned

I live in manhattan so its only 1 hour 20 mins from my house to the prison. Just went today for the first time
I have to say that all the ppl there were really nice and I love it much better there then norton. Its really busy there tho. Guess Norton was just too far for ppl to drive. Thanks for all the Information. I wont need to stay the night I will just drive up there both days as long as the weather lets me. I was so glad to get to take pics with my baby. At Norton they dont let you do it tell they are on level 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForJohn
Rocky's, where did you move from? I really liked ellsworth. Has anyone told you about Outside Connections yet? It's really cheap, $15 for one night and $20 for two. Everything is donated, so it isn't always the nicest, but it's a bed and a shower and a roof over your head. I always took a little tv and a dvd player to pass the time away from my guy. But Polly runs the place and is super nice, and I'll tell ya, the guys sure love being able to see their girlies both days!! If you have any questions, I'll gladly answer them, because I am almost a pro at their visits, like which guards are cool and which ones aren't!!! John and I are doing well, by the way. It seems to be getting harder with every visit to leave him and go home. As time grows smaller, the ache grows bigger you know? But, hang in there guys, it helps them to stay on track so much more knowing that there is people caring while they are in and a home to come to once they get out!!

Much love for yall
Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
WaitingForJohn

While I was there there was only one that really pissed me off. He works visitation a lot. He's tall and chubby with round features and looks maybe 24. He just saunters around being a dick all the time. My hair is long and it was on the table. John was taking the ends and bending the ends on themselves and making hearts. He got written up for that. I couldn't believe it!! And during visit, he wasn't thinking and put his arm around me for like a second. I tensed up and pushed him off and then came this guard almost running around the corner. They almost suspended my visits for that. Everyone else was alright, I liked the guy that usually takes your ID and signs you in. He joked with me and my other girl friend a lot. But mainly, anyone who sits up at that desk in the front is on a power trip.
During a strip search at the end of one visit, that one guard threw a rubber glove on the ground and pretended like my guy dropped a balloon or something. It was really disturbing to me to hear that he was pulling shit like that. John about filed a grievance on him, but it would have only made our visits harder since that guy would be breathing down our necks, pick your battles you know. But c'est la vie, we are in a better place now, or were.
John was goofing off and was lifting weights and him and his friend put too much weight on and John had to strain to lift it and ended up rupturing his splein. He passed out, got two black eyes from it, and had to go to the hospital. I went up and sat with him. The guards thought he got into a fight, but come on, if you are in Toronto (70 person facility) you can stand at one end and see what's going on at the other end, it's only one building. If there were a fight, they would have known about it. But he's in El Dorado Central now, because they have an infirmary, and hopefully soon he'll be going back to El Dorado East (Toronto Work Release Facility).
Oh crap, I am blabbering again!!