Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prisons and Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Prisons and Jails This forum is for profiles and general information on all Oklahoma prisons.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:56 AM

Arrow Information needed on Granite Prison (Oklahoma State Reformatory)

They Moved Him To Granite....any Phone Info Would Be Appreciated

ANY INFO ON GRANITE....C'MON GUYS, YOU'VE BEEN SO HELPFUL SO FAR...

ALL I HAVE IS THE WEBSITE http://www.doc.state.ok.us/docs/OSR.HTM

Last edited by freckledgrl; 08-05-2005 at 11:30 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 11:35 AM

I don't have any info on Granite, but hopefully someone will come along soon to help after the workday is over

Until then, you might try searching the Okie forum for Granite. I know we've had threads in here in the past so they might have some useful info. I would try searching for Granite & OSR & Oklahoma State Reformatory.

Good luck and I'm glad he's been moved! Hang in there
Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

Default need info on OSR (Oklahoma State Reformatory)

My fiance just got sent to Oklahoma State Reformatory. Does anyone else have a loved one there? Any info re: visiting, canteen, phone calls, the current lockdown, - can they send/receive letters even if they're locked down? I appreciate any information. Thanks.

"No eye has seen , no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him."
Old 08-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

MAN, everyone is going to OSR, My son left OSR a year ago and what I have to say about the prison IS NOT NICE, so I'll keep my mouth shut. But I do think "Ronsmom" here on PTO can help ya'll with this for I think is there or has just left OSR.
I do remember when my son was there they had canten weekly I sent 20.00 a week, he needed a fan there NO AIR which I can't remember the cost of it I think around 20.00 extra, it is a very OLD prison and hot. Yes still on lockdown, there is a thread about this. Hope that helped some!

Last edited by ldysirois; 08-05-2005 at 12:34 PM..
Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 PM

My son is in OSR and this is his second time there. The first time was 3 years ago. I got to visit him once then. Visits were on Sunday and for 4 hours for me as I was out of state. With the current lockdown every thing is different. Phone calls were 5 minutes. But right now no one gets to call. No one gets commissary. Right now they get bologna sandwiches 3 times a day in their cell. Not sure when or if they get showers. It is just a bad situation that will continue at least 4 more weeks.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:28 PM

I don't want to scare you but I do want to let you know what I know about the OSR. Although my brother was there for only a short time he was stabbed over 30 times in the head, neck, arm, and chest. I just found out that he has been transferred. He wrote and told me everything that happened and although I will not go into specifics I can tell you that he was stabbed in his own cell. After the riot took place they were told to go to lockdown and he complied. Shortly after he went to his cell there were several inmates that jimmied his cell door open and proceeded to stab him. He was not discovered for about 3 hours. After he was released from the hospital they placed him on the dirty shower floor for an hour to shower, he had over 50 staples in. After that he was placed in the hole with nothing but his bloody boxers on, a mat, and his hospital gown. He was left there for 2 weeks and busted down to level 1. Thank God he has been transferred to a min security prison. He is a non-violent offender with 1 count of possession. I will be praying for your loved one and your family as well. I know how hard it can be. Just keep yours and his spirits up the best you can.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:55 PM

Oh. That is terrible. My son is locked in the protective custody travel area. He was due to be moved the day after they had their riot.

On the previous post they are still receiving and sending mail and the minimun security area is not locked down any longer. They will have visits this Sunday according the the OK-Cure news.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

wow. Thanks for the info....Lord help us. -icontrol- I will keep your brother in my prayers.

"No eye has seen , no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him."
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM

This just sickens me to death, this can no longer be allowed to take place in our state prisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrol4fun
I don't want to scare you but I do want to let you know what I know about the OSR. Although my brother was there for only a short time he was stabbed over 30 times in the head, neck, arm, and chest. I just found out that he has been transferred. He wrote and told me everything that happened and although I will not go into specifics I can tell you that he was stabbed in his own cell. After the riot took place they were told to go to lockdown and he complied. Shortly after he went to his cell there were several inmates that jimmied his cell door open and proceeded to stab him. He was not discovered for about 3 hours. After he was released from the hospital they placed him on the dirty shower floor for an hour to shower, he had over 50 staples in. After that he was placed in the hole with nothing but his bloody boxers on, a mat, and his hospital gown. He was left there for 2 weeks and busted down to level 1. Thank God he has been transferred to a min security prison. He is a non-violent offender with 1 count of possession. I will be praying for your loved one and your family as well. I know how hard it can be. Just keep yours and his spirits up the best you can.
#11 WRONGFULLY CONVICTED CLUB
Old 08-12-2005, 03:35 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

I got mail from my babe... they get a 5 minute shower every day- and comissary during lockdown. We need to soooo keep all of these men in our prayers. Does anyone know how to get books/bible sent to him? Can I just go through Amazon.com and have them ship directly to him? Thanks

Old 08-12-2005, 03:53 PM

That is the method that according to DOC rules you can use to get books to them. They have to be direct from the book store. They have a library on site that he can get books from and I believe they can purchase some from the commissary.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:58 AM

Default before sending packages

Before you have books sent to the prisons you need to check the rules. Some only allow the inmates to order things and must be paid out of the inmates account. Some require that the inmate has permission to receive a package from the facility before it gets there. Some only allow 1 or 2 packages a year to be sent to the inmate. In other words each makes their own rules and of course can change them at any time.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

When my son was in OSR over a year ago I sent a bible to the chaplin and he took it to my son, you might call the chaplin,and ask if he'll do this for you.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:44 AM

My Baby Called This Morning! As Far As I Know They Are Being Let Out For A Little While Starting Today...
Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

Thanks for the update. Hopefully my babe will call - this evening.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

my babe called me. and he got his bible- through amazon.com... praise God! - Here's a good one- he's barefoot- no shoes. He doesn't have any - he ordered some- but it will take a while- what's up with that? That can't be too hygenic or safe.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseystaylor
my babe called me. and he got his bible- through amazon.com... praise God! - Here's a good one- he's barefoot- no shoes. He doesn't have any - he ordered some- but it will take a while- what's up with that? That can't be too hygenic or safe.

Contact OK CURE about the shoes may be they can see what the deal is

Peace, love, hope and prayers

~jesuschick~
Old 08-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

YA know that seems to be a ongoing problem there at OSR with shoes, when my son was there over a year ago he had the same problem. I called the prison and asked what was up and they said they gave out shower shoes and flip flops, but was back ordered on his size and he'd have to what. I think that is all a bunch of hogwash!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:54 PM

My guy could not get shoes either-- fortunately they allowed him to wear the ones he had when he came in even though they were not what they would normally allow ( just tennis shoes-- but who gets the thought-- or lack thereof- process behind these things) So I will not complain at least he has some. Best of Luck!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:28 PM

Stay away from OSR they just had another stabbing August 17th there are orders from rival gangs with kill on site orders of certain gang members and there affliates there was also a stabbing at OSP on july 29th that was the begining of this next round of violence. The possiblity of a riot is real when they come out of lock down at OSR is real. This whats coming out from my contact at osr.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:08 PM

I didn't want to get every one worried but I heard from my son that this is true. But the big blow will come from word from the "Walls" (OSP). They will send word to all other gang members in the other prisons and they will all riot at one time. Lets pray for our love ones!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Relieveyourbeliefs

Default Hello

My husband is there. He's been there since June. I don't know all the details but I can tell you what I do know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseystaylor
My fiance just got sent to Oklahoma State Reformatory. Does anyone else have a loved one there? Any info re: visiting, canteen, phone calls, the current lockdown, - can they send/receive letters even if they're locked down? I appreciate any information. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM

I just got a letter from there today and was told they are still pretty much locked down. Only get out to go to chow according to him. Mine just got moved there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relieveybeliefs
My husband is there. He's been there since June. I don't know all the details but I can tell you what I do know.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:50 PM
jesuslovesyouthebest

I talked to my babe- they are not locked down completely, I guess they can go to chow, yard and use phones until 7:00 pm - but the tension is high.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:00 AM

I got a call from my baby boy's case manager today and she said that they are now allowing them to go into the day room and to chow hall. And I got a letter today from my baby boy, he was just transfered there from Lawton, he said even though the tension is high he is just glad to be in a real prison and not Lawton.

Peace, Love, Hope and Prayers

~jesuschick~