Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
missin my man

Default Westville Level 1 Facility... same kind of visits,etc???

Westville Level 1 Facility, anyone know if the visits are the same as being a level 2? I know the levels have a difference on what kind of job they can have. But reading other posts on level 1 facilities, they seem less restrictive and the visits are a little different. It probably just depends on the facility. Anyone got any input??? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 AM

YANA,

I wish I could answer this one for you but I wasn't aware that Westville even had a level one, it is considered a medium security facility, but as often as they change things around there you never know wha tis happening next I hope you get the answers you are looking for soon. Hang tight woman.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Westville Level One visiting hours

I verified this info. today for you: Westville Level One facility (WCA) has the same visiting hours as Westville Correctional Facility (WCC).

Weekdays: 9am-3pm Central Standard Time, maximum 2 hour visit.

Weekends: 8:30am-3:30pm Central Standard Time, maximum 1 hour visit.

Visits are once every ten days.

Hope that helps!

Pk.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:34 PM

Wow Patrick, you are such a wonderful asset thanks so much, I seem to learn new things all time on here
Old 08-05-2005, 07:51 AM
missin my man

Thanks alot Patrick!!!
I guess they just opened the Level 1 there, he said it's just as restricted as Level 2, but he may be able to work outside or something. It's close to home so I can't complain. But we were hoping he'd go to Medaryville, from what I've heard from mrsford, the visits are nicer and he really didn't want to go back to the "ville", but that's the way it goes!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Wizard of Oz Member
Donation Award 

Yana, you are right, they did just begin the level 1 at Westville. My husband was very glad he did not get caught back up in there! They started with some of the men who were working at the recycling business in Westville, but living at Medaryville. You are right, the visits at Medaryville are soooo much nicer. This past weekend we were able to set outside and visit. Matter of fact we had our picture taken under one of the big trees there. I am backtracking, sorry. Are the visits for Level 1 at Westville in the regular visiting area?

Old 08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
missin my man

I went on Sunday for a visit, yes they are in the regular visiting area and are the same amount of time. He said the level 1 there is NOTHING like it's "supposed" to be. And he says the food sucks and the portions do too since they've changed food services. He's glad he's so much closer to home and that he doesn't have too much time left.