Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 04-19-2003, 07:49 AM
It's Almost Over!!

Default TDCJ Line Class Status

The line class levels from highest to lowest level are as follows:

S1 (Often called Trustee one or Stat one)
S2 (Often called Trustee two or Stat two)
S3 (Often called Trustee three or Stat three)
S4 (Often called Trustee four or Stat four)
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

There are only a handful of S1's in all of TDCJ. For most prisoners S2 is as high as they will go. For some crimes (homicides in particular) S3 is as high as the prisoner can go. Generally, unit disciplinary cases are the cause of a prisoner dropping in class. Prisoners generally rise in class levels by serving their time case free. How often and how many class levels a prisoners rises is a decision made by unit authorities. As a rule of thumb a prisoner usually rises one or two classes at a time and reclassifications occur between every six months and every year.
Prisoners have to reach the line class they entered into the TDCJ system as in order to become eligible for parole again. So if the prisoner entered as a Trusty IV and unit disciplinary case brought him down to a Line III, he will have to continue to have good disciplinary till he reclasses to a Trusty IV.
Remember, reclassification is a unit decision and has nothing to do with the parole board. Unit wardens have discretion within set guidelines on how fast a prisoner can rise in class. But I'd say generally it will take a year to go from a Line III to an S-IV (Trusty IV).
Old 04-19-2003, 09:05 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

Diane,

Now, they are calling the guys G1, G2, and whatever. Do you have any information on this new classification?
Old 04-19-2003, 10:30 PM
It's Almost Over!!

Lin,
The G stands for General Population I had to ask too last week when I called up to the unit The 1, 2 etc means the Line Class like above, Line 1 is G-1 if he's in GP, if he's not, it will not be a G...
diane
Old 04-20-2003, 12:34 AM

Default More Custody Level Info:

G1 General Population Level 1 (Previously Minimum-Out)
G2 General Population Level 2 (Previously Minimum-In)
G3 General Population Level 3 (If offender has a sentence of 50 years or greater, 3G must serve 10 flat and non 3G must serve 5 flat, to move to a less restrictive custody; job and housing assignments will be restricted.)
G4 General Population Level 4 (Previously Medium)
G5 General Population Level 5 (Previously Close-Custody)

The G3 custody is what is being called the “new custody” and it is primarily utilized for those offenders with lengthy sentences who have not served a significant amount of time. An offender who is assigned to G3 custody will not be allowed to live in dormitories that are outside of the main building of a facility. They may not be assigned to jobs such as maintenance, back door worker, SSI, any clerk position, or any job where the offender would have access to multiple areas of the facility. This custody will retain the same privileges as a G2 offender (currently MI). The guidelines are as follows:

50 year 3G (murder, capital murder, indecency with a child, aggravated kidnapping sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, aggravated robbery, health and safety code, chapter 481.134 (d), (d) and (f), and any offense with affirmative findings for use of a deadly weapon) will be required to serve 10 flat years before they are eligible to promote to a custody less restrictive than G3.

50 year non 3G offenses will be required to serve 5 flat years before they are eligible to promote to a custody level less restrictive than G3.

It should be noted that offenders who have been identified to meet the above criteria should have already been reassigned from the outside dorms and should have already received job changes. Therefore, when the custody change goes into effect, the issue will just be a matter of changing the computer data to reflect the correct custody.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:09 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

Thanks Diane and Wizard. I am thinking that Johnny said he was a G2, but then again, he can go outside too, so I am not sure what he is ......but he's a Sweetheart for sure.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:44 PM
It's Almost Over!!

Wizard
Thanks again!! I am going to post again so I can move this up again. There are a lot of Texas people who do not understand the Line Class Levels and this certainally helps!! I know that I was really confused at first, but now I do all the research I can on anything Texas related to try and keep everyone updated
Oh, my husband is a G1, and as long as he stays G1, we're ok, if he doesn't, he will get his butt kicked by me lol
diane
Old 06-03-2003, 12:45 PM

This is really good info...I know it's kind of old, but I've been trying to get info on this and maybe someone else might need it too.
When I first saw you, I was scared to meet you, when I first met you, I was scared to kiss you, when I first kissed you, I was scared to care about you, now that I care about you, I am scared to lose you.

Old 06-12-2003, 02:54 PM

So how do you find out what class the inmate is. My ex-hubby was told he should see parole in a week or two and he should make parole but he hasnt said anything to me about line class status.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:11 PM

You can call records in Huntsville 936-437-6484 and ask for classification (they may transfer you to the classification dept)

You can also check with time dept 936-437-8780

I know most of the ladies who answer the phones there on a 1st name basis!!! :X
kath
Old 06-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Account Closed

thanks for posting the info. on the line class. my baby billy is in gatesville, tx *gag* & was just JUST demoted like 2 classes about 2 months ago....i do know that about every 6 months he usually gets promoted. it hasnt really taken any longer then 6 months between each promotion (god willing his hot ass stays out of trouble lol ). anyways, thanksagain.