Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Home Plan Denied

Hi Everyone! I Have A Question About Home Plans Being Denied. My Husband Has Gone Before The Parole Board And We Are Waiting For A Decision. I Know You Can Never Be Sure, But We Are Pretty Sure He Is Going To Be Paroled. Here Is The Problem. His Home Plan(to Our Home) Was Denied. The Reason For The Denial Is Because Of A Restraining Order That I Served On Him In 1995. The Parole Agent Who Came To My Home Said That He Would Not Feel Comfortable Approving The Home Plan Because Of Legal Reasons. He Said That If My Husband Were To Be Paroled To My Home And He Ended Up Hurting Me I Would Be In A Position To Sue Him Or The Parole Board. This Is What He Said Even After I Wrote A Letter Explaining The 10 Yr Old Incident And Stating I Was Not Afraid Of My Husband And That I Would Not Have Married Him In 2002 If I Thought He Would Harm Me In Any Way. My Husband Has Already Put In A New Home Plan, But What I Need To Know Is If Anyone Knows What Steps We Could Take To Eventually Change The Decision Of The Parole Board/agentas Far As The Home Plan Is Concerned. My Husband Will Be On Parole Until 2011. Are We Expected To Live Apart Until Then. What Can We Do? Who Do We Call? Where Do I Start?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2005, 05:47 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

The information below comes from the PA DOC Handbook for Family and Friends of those Incarcerated. You can find and download the complete handbook on the PA DOC website.
The PA Parole/Probation website is found below.

"Before the inmate is released, he or she must have a place to live. If the inmate wants to return to your home and you are willing, your home will be visited by parole officials to determine if it is a suitable residence. Be sure that you understand the limitations imposed by the conditions of parole."

"If the inmate experienced problems in your home that led to his or her imprisonment, he or she may not be permitted to return to your home. These problems can include child abuse, molestation, or substance abuse."

"If you have questions and have access to a computer, you can check the website www.pbpp.state.pa.us for information and frequently asked questions (FAQ)."

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 05-22-2005, 05:57 PM
The Mrs

I don't know anything about that but I pray everything works out for you one way or the other.

But I gotta say, since ya'll didn't get a divorce that's saying that ya'll want to be together. To put ya'll in a position where you have to sneak or live apart until 2011 is crazy. I can see their point of view but the bottom line is ya'll are married and should be able to live together IMO.

Please keep us posted.

I must give all praises and thanks to Allah. The all knowing, all seeing, the orchestrator of my man's release and the author of our relationship. He is the one that made all of this, and only to Him do I owe my gratitude.

Is it time for football yet? Go EAGLES!!!!

Last edited by hisotherhalf; 05-22-2005 at 06:01 PM..