Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Arizona prison system.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Missing_My_Friends

Post ARTICLE: Marana father gets 37 years for sexually abusing daughter

A Marana man convicted of sexually abusing his daughter was sentenced Friday. Ricky Sabin will spend 37 years in prison with no chance of parole.

Last year, his daugther, Katie Sabin killed herself at the age of 16.

Family members described Katie Sabin as a beautiful girl with a bright future, but she also had a dark secret.

Her father, Ricky Sabin was repeatedly abusing his teenage daughter from the time she was 8 years old.

Family members spoke out in disgust at his actions.

Laurie Lancellotti, Katie's aunt, looked right at Ricky Sabin when she told him, "It has killed this family for what you did to her and what you are continuing to do to us."

Cousin Linsey Lancellotti followed by telling him, "Look what you did. You pulled that trigger. You put it to her head and pulled that trigger. You and your wife, you killed my cousin, my baby sister."

Katie Sabin took her life last year. Family members say the pain was too much to bear.

Her grandfather had sexually abused her , and gone to prison.

The family went to counseling and during that time court testimony shows her father was abusing her.

Katie's grandmother,whose husband was convicted of abusing Katie, also spoke out.

A tearful Patricia Horton told her son-in-law, "You don't know the intolerable that I have suffered in this year after I went thru this with a man I loved with all my heart. That broke my heart. You took my trust and you betrayed me, too."

Sabin wrote an 8-page letter to the judge expressing remorse. He also wrote a letter to his wife where he said how he should die and go to hell where he belongs.

Last edited by melbo; 05-13-2005 at 09:37 PM..
Sponsored Links