Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Are there rapes in federal minimum security prisons?

There is a possibility that I may end up in what I would presume to be a federal minimum security prison. I presume this because I have no criminal history and I commited the crime of counterfeiting 1 $50 bill. I certainly dont think I would go to a high security prison if I do in fact have to do time.

My question is, is there rape and violence in a minimum security prison? I can take care of myself, as long as theirs not 6 guys trying to rape me or a guy w/ a "shank" (I believe that is what they are called) trying to gut me....

Just kind of worried.

This is also for my brother, he may end up possibly doing time for the same thing, just a different charge (that he didnt even do). Would we possible be sent to the same prison. I would want to protect him.....

Since we were minors at the time, Would we goto a federal prison or what?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 08:53 PM

If I were you I really wouldn't start worrying so much until I actually found out if I were being sentenced. That being said, my guy is in a federal camp, and there's no violence there. Everyone just wants to stay out of trouble and finish their time. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Liberty Tree

No, there is very very little 'violence' in minimum sercurity prisons. In fact, 99.9% of any and all assaults in minimum security camps are between two knuckle heads who have been getting on each other's nerve for some period of time. One of them finally has all that he/she can take and takes a swing at the other guy.

Based on what you've posted, odds are very good that you'd go to a Camp (minimum Security). With that being the case you need to take all that you've read in books, magazines, newspapers, watched on TV or at the Movies and just toss it out the window. Camps are nothing like that.

As for your brother - yes you can both go to the same prison.

One last point, to repeat what has already been posted, just step back and take one step at a time. Don't worry about prison until you know that's where you're heading. Based on what you've written, I would not be surprised if you're not placed on probation. Take it slow. Focus on the moment.

Take care

Greyghost