Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prisons and Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Prisons and Jails This forum is for profiles and general information on all Oklahoma prisons.

Old 04-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I love him crazy!

Default Conners Correctional, Hominy

Does anyone have any more detailed news about the incident at Conners today about ten a.m.?

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes" -H. Jackson Brown
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2005, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremom
Does anyone have any more detailed news about the

hi,i am new to this site.and i just heard about the incident at conners today.have you heard any more about it.i am concerned about my husband.

incident at Conners today about ten a.m.?

Last edited by wrkimber; 04-24-2005 at 09:10 PM..
Old 04-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

All I heard is conners is on lockdown as of yesterday and about 30 inmates were in this per the 10:00 pm news last nite. You should be able to call the prison and find out if you hubby is ok.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:35 AM
waitinginok

I called Kendall's case manager this morning, but she really didn't have any details this morning, she said that she saw it on the news, just like I did, but he was okay.
I will pray that everyone else with someone at Connors gets the same news. Kim
Old 04-25-2005, 10:32 AM

I was unaware until now anything had happened.
My thoughts are with all of you that have loved ones there.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I love him crazy!

Default Email from OKCure about Conners

Inmate hurt in prison brawl
By JOHN YATES World Correspondent
4/25/2005

A lawmaker says prisons are at a 'critical point' and more DOC funding is needed.
HOMINY -- A Sunday morning melee among inmates at a correctional facility in Hominy led to one person being taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital.

The Dick Conner Correctional Center was locked down after the incident, officials said.

The altercation involved a group of black inmates with a group of American Indian, Hispanic and white inmates, according to a statement from the corrections center.

About 30 inmates have been identified with the altercation, which was reported about 10:45 a.m., officials said.

The injured inmate was taken to a local hospital, then taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital.

The inmate's name was not released, pending family notification.

"All I know, he's stable," said warden's assistant Mike Bolt.

Hominy Police Chief Bob Roberts said the facility "called for medical service," and an ambulance was sent, but there was no request for his officers to help.

Hominy, including the correctional center, has about 3,800 residents.

Sunday's incident was the latest violence in the state's private

and state-operated prisons. A March 22 melee at Cushing's privately operated Cimarron Correctional Facility resulted in one death. Adam Gene Lippert, 32, of Davenport, was fatally stabbed in the melee, and six inmates are charged with first-degree murder.

At McAlester's Oklahoma State Penitentiary, violent incidents involving black and white inmates occurred two days in a row, March 24 and 25.

In each of those cases, an inmate was stabbed several times, but on both occasions the inmates were treated at the prison infirmary.

"First of all, I'm not surprised," State Rep. Terry Harrison, D-McAlester, said Sunday evening, after learning of the latest melee. Harrison has tried, unsuccessfully so far, to get funding for additional correctional officers.

He said he was surprised similar incidents haven't happened "very often."

"Our correction facilities are at a critical point," he said.

He said inmates are being hurt, killed, and victimized "because of the state's unwillingness to fund the Department of Corrections."

Harrison also said he was thankful that no prison guards have been hurt or killed.

"I think it's a time bomb. And I think, each passing day, we get that much closer to a major, major incident where our correctional officers are going to lose their lives."

Harrison said he wants extra funding "to keep things like this from happening.

"Maybe this (Sunday's incident) will be what it takes to get the funding that's so desperately needed," Harrison said.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:28 AM
I love him crazy!

Default Conners

I hope that this article helps everone with loved ones at Conners. They would have called had it been your loved one and they will probably call after the lockdown is over. Keep your spirits high people!!

Old 04-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I love him crazy!

Default wrkimber

wrkimber: Email me anytime. I forgot to put that in. hahaha

Old 04-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by State Re. Terry Harrison
He said inmates are being hurt, killed, and victimized "because of the state's unwillingness to fund the Department of Corrections."
I think that's one of the first quotes I've read from someone in power since this all started that aknowledges the inmates are at risk and need protection too.

I hope there's more like him who look at all sides and will fight to get things right for our loved ones. I'm sending good thoughts to everyone involved with any prison here and hopes that this can end somehow soon.

Just because things don't work out
doesn't mean it wasn't worth the ride.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Wife

Quote:
Harrison also said he was thankful that no prison guards have been hurt or killed.
Needs to also think about the saftety of the inmates. As stated in the Mission Statement from the OKDOC.

Wannamae
Old 04-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

A reporter at the Oklahoman wants to talk to families that were visiting at Conner's yesterday and may have seen something. I did advise her that if any one did want to talk that more than likely they would not want any names used. Here is her contact info.

Carrie Coppernoll
E-mail Address(es):
CCoppernoll@Oklahoman.com
Business Information:
Phone: 405-475-3260
Pager: 1-800-375-6397 x3260

Lynn Powell, President OK CURE
http://home.earthlink.net/~okcure/
Today's Inmate is Tomorrow's Neighbor
Old 04-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I love him crazy!

Thanks Lynn

Old 04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

I have been receiving lots of phone calls from the families of the injured inmates. Please help spread to word to others for the families to send written correspondence to

Lynn Powell OK CURE at Box 9741, Tulsa OK 74157
And
Tina L. Izadi, Esq. ACLUof Ok 3000 Paseo Oklahoma City, OK 73103

In order to get DOC to answer questions we will more than likely require proof that we have been contacted.

This should help cushing and conners people!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Wife

This also goes for those who were hurt/injured in the Cushing Riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldysirois
I have been receiving lots of phone calls from the families of the injured inmates. Please help spread to word to others for the families to send written correspondence to

Lynn Powell OK CURE at Box 9741, Tulsa OK 74157
And
Tina L. Izadi, Esq. ACLUof Ok 3000 Paseo Oklahoma City, OK 73103

In order to get DOC to answer questions we will more than likely require proof that we have been contacted.

This should help cushing and conners people!!!!

Wannamae
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I love him crazy!

was the incident on G and J ?? I read something about it being in a unit that has been locked down several times lately, so that led me to believe that it happened on G and J.
Does anyone know?

Old 04-26-2005, 11:57 PM

Supermom, you were right about the unit....

Melee put two inmates in hospital
By JOHN YATES World Correspondent
4/26/2005

HOMINY -- Two inmates required hospitalization and several others needed medical attention after a Sunday morning melee at the Dick Conner Correctional Center in Hominy, officials said Monday.

Initial information indicated that about 30 inmates were associated with the melee, but that number is now thought to be about 40, Department of Corrections spokesman Jerry Massie said.

Two inmates have been admitted to hospitals in Tulsa, officials said.

Prison officials said Sunday that one inmate had been taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital after being taken to a local hospital by ambulance.

The families of the hospitalized inmates have been notified, but the inmates' names were not released "to maintain the integrity of this investigation and to ensure the safety of the injured offenders," according to a statement released Monday by Mike Bolt, a public information officer for the prison.

The altercation is believed to have been between a group of American Indian, Hispanic and white inmates and a group of black inmates, Bolt said.

Massie said 33 inmates received medical treatment at the facility after the melee.

He added that the unit where the fracas occurred, involving the "G" and "J" areas of the facility, remained locked down Monday.

The prison has five units holding a little more than 1,200 inmates, Massie said.

The melee came just a month after a reportedly race- and gang-related confrontation March 22 at a privately operated prison in Cushing left one inmate dead.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 AM
JC's Woman for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldysirois
A reporter at the Oklahoman wants to talk to families that were visiting at Conner's yesterday and may have seen something. I did advise her that if any one did want to talk that more than likely they would not want any names used. Here is her contact info.

Carrie Coppernoll
E-mail Address(es):
CCoppernoll@Oklahoman.com
Business Information:
Phone: 405-475-3260
Pager: 1-800-375-6397 x3260

Found this on the Prison Guard Forum board. My prayers go out to all who have loved one in DCCC.

By Chad Previch and Carrie Coppernoll
The Oklahoman

HOMINY - About 40 prisoners were believed involved in a Sunday morning prison brawl that injured 33 inmates, officials said Monday.
Part of the Dick Conner Correction Center remained locked down Monday.

A fight involving black, American Indian, Hispanic and white inmates began about 10:45 a.m. Sunday, prison spokesman Mike Bolt said.

"At this point, it's not rated as a riot," he said. "It was just an altercation -- one specific area contained quickly, no damage to state property or staff."

State Corrections Department investigators are interviewing witnesses and reviewing videotape, Bolt said. He refused to release the names of two inmates who were taken for outside treatment.

Two inmates were sent to hospitals, including one who was taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital. Both prisoners are in good condition, state Corrections Department spokesman Jerry Massie said.

The brawl started in a housing unit, Bolt said.

The medium- and minimum-security prison houses inmates serving convictions up to first-degree murder. It housed 1,219 prisoners, seven below capacity, as of Monday.

Lynn Powell, president of the inmate advocacy group Oklahoma CURE (Citizens United for the Rehabilitation of Errants), talked with visitors who were there when the brawl began.

"They had seen blacks running for safety that were bloody and then whites and Native Americans running behind them," she said. "All were bloody. Not that they were chasing them. Everybody was running for cover.

"They shut them down and told families that they had to leave the visiting (room). The inmates that were in the visiting room were told to stay there until they were told to leave."

One woman visiting her husband said she saw the guards let the black inmates into the security operations room. Some of the men didn't have shirts on, she said.

One of the white inmates had to be carried by friends, said the woman, who did not want her name published. Another inmate had a shirt wrapped around his head.

"He had a gash on his head and the blood was just coming down his face," she said.

Authorities found shanks and stickers, Massie said. Shanks are homemade knives and stickers are sharp, skinny pieces of metal. The unit where the fight occurred has been locked down several times over the past few months, Massie said.

Massie said it's too early to tell whether changes to policies or procedures will be necessary. The Osage County district attorney will decide whether to file charges, Massie said.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Need Help!

I am trying to find out about this facility. I have a friend that was convicted of 2 consec life sentences and was trans to this facility. What is this point system you talk about? What do you think he is on level wise? Please help me understand!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox6594
I am trying to find out about this facility. I have a friend that was convicted of 2 consec life sentences and was trans to this facility. What is this point system you talk about? What do you think he is on level wise? Please help me understand!!!
The point system is their security points that they are given when they are processed through LARC. this is based on the type of crime age and many other factors.
The lower the points the better off they are in going to a better facility (if you can call anyof them that.)

The levels are given when they come out of LARC and go to a yard they are level 2 and can move up to leve 4 if they stay out of trouble and do what they are supposed to do. these levels give them different priveleges for food and visits and recreation the higher up they go.

Hope this helps you out. here are some links for you also

http://www.doc.state.ok.us/Offtech/op060107.htm

http://www.doc.state.ok.us/
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Default not much but

i called the prison and they said that my daddy is okay all i can say about ppl that want to know about there loved ones is to call the prioson at the number that is at the bottom of the screen when u look up ur loved ones...k...bye