Bruce E. Lindke
Captain Thomas E. Torrey
If bond is being posted during regular business hours of the County, the bond must be paid at the Court. When the Court is closed, cash bonds & credit cards will be accepted, except for Licensed Bonding Agents. If you have any questions about bonding information, call area code (810) 987-1720 / 987-1721 and 987-1722.
Leaving Money for Inmates
Only Money orders will be accepted through the mail. Cash can be dropped off during a visit.
Visits will be held on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday between 12:30 P.M. and 7:30 P.M. with exception of dinner hour.
Each inmate will be allowed one scheduled visit per week consisting of approximately 30 minutes in duration. f visitors do not show up for the scheduled visit, it will be considered a visit. Inmates will be allowed three (3) visitors during any one visit, including the children of the inmate. Children under the age of 17 Years must be accompanied by an adult to visit. Visitors must produce identification with a photo, except those children accompanied by an adult. Visitors must sign the register before admission and comply with all security regulations as directed by St. Clair County Jail personnel. All visits will be supervised and visitors are subject to a search. There is no smoking during visits. Visits will be scheduled by appointment only. Inmates are to contact the people they wish to visit. There are to decide on a time and day of the visit. They will request a contact visit appointment form from the Correction Officer. The form will be filled out properly and returned to the corrections officer.
1.All visits must be set up by the inmates.
2.All visitors must be here at least 15 minutes prior to a scheduled visit to allow time to be processed in.
3. Only visitors processed in will be allowed to visit.
4. NO late visitors will be allowed to visit for security purposes.
5. All visitors must have picture ID and children under the age of 17 Years, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to visit.
6. Only 3 people are allowed to visit, and children are included in the figure.
7. MONEY can only be dropped off on visiting days.
8. Visiting days are Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, between 12:30 P.M. & 7:00 P.M. with the exception of the lunch & dinner hour.
9. Articles will only be released on visiting days. An officer should be advised at the beginning of each visit to allow him / her time to process the articles.
10. Visits slips must be turned in at least 24 hours in advance and visit slips will be logged prior to visiting to allow visitors to be contacted as to time of visit.
11. VISITATION WILL BE TERMINATED FOR MISCONDUCT, ABUSIVE LANGUAGE OR IF DETERMINED BY SECURITY PERSONNEL TO BE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.
Inmates on trustee status will be allowed visitors on normal scheduled visiting days with the exception of Sunday. Trustees will be allowed contact type visiting on Sunday from 6:45 P.M. to 7:45 P.M.
CLERGY AND ATTORNEY VISITS
Clergy and attorneys may visit inmates between the hour of 9:00 A.M and 9:00 P.M. with the exception of lunch and dinner hours.
Items you can take to Inmates
Each inmate shall be provided with their own street clothes, brought in by the inmate or their friends or relatives, in accordance with the inmate rules, upon request for their jury trial and for any and all Court appearances whenever jail clothes would be prejudicial to the inmate. After the inmate has been arraigned in Court, clothing will be issued to the inmate with the exception of underwear and socks.
Books, magazines, and newspapers must come directly from the publishers.
Mail is limited to letters and greeting cards (plain only; no glitter, stickers, glued items, etc.)
All calls being placed by inmates are collect call. The party receiving that call must accept the charges before a connection is made. If an emergency situation arises requiring notification of an inmate, contact the St. Clair County Jail Information Desk by calling (810) 987-1720 / 987-1721, and 987-1722. These numbers are not to be used to deliver a message unless a real SUBSTANTIATED EMERGENCY EXISTS.
St Clair participates in the prisoner reimbursement resolution program where inmates become responsible for the cost or a portion of the cost of their housing during the time they are incarcerated.
Programs Offered At St Clair Jail
1. GED Diploma
2. High School Completion Classes
3. Adult Basic Education Classes (basic reading, writing and math)
All Inmates services are a privilege, controlled by the St. Clair County Jail Administration.
1. Individual Counseling
2. Group Therapy
3. Crisis Counseling (people experiencing some kind of crisis in the St. Clair County Jail).
4. Alcoholic's Anonymous Meeting and Narcotic's Anonymous Meetings.