Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:00 PM
He's home!!!

Default We have a tentative parole month but no date, why?

I've been reading all of the posts to my "who's loved one comes home in 2005" thread and everyone has an actual release date. We don't have one yet except for a tentative month of December. Do you guys have an actual date b/c he/she is maxing out? That is the only reason I can figure that you have a date. I would love to have a date to look forward to instead of just a month. Does anyone know how or if I could obtain a date for that month? Thanks again...~Baby

Last edited by ~BabyG~; 04-12-2005 at 02:04 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2005, 04:25 PM

On the doc website he should have a max out date
Old 04-12-2005, 04:32 PM

I cant say how it works in other states, but when the parole commission give a tenative date they post it as "open". It normally means the release can happen on any day that the prison is able to get the discharge papers are completed. For example my man has a parole hearing in June. If the commission grants him release then they will leave the date as "open". We will have a good idea of when, but wont know an exact date.

The only time here that an exact date is given is if a inmate has completed their time. The the prison must have the paperwork prepared and ready to release the inmate on that exact day
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
He's home!!!

Yes, he has a Max out date but they date we are looking for is a date for his TPM. He has a month of Dec. but not an actual date. I was told that the closer it gets to Dec. I will need to strat calling the DOC to find out when someone is coming out to do an expection of the house and then I guess when that is complete they will set a date a week or two after that. Do they usually get out within the TPM month?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 AM

I am not sure I understand. But all the people I look up only have a month and year of the TPM no exact date (like 6/06) not 6/01/06). You see. Then in probably the end of the month before start calling and it will say under investigation the eventually if will give you an answer. Is this what info you are wanting?

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BabyG~
Yes, he has a Max out date but they date we are looking for is a date for his TPM. He has a month of Dec. but not an actual date. I was told that the closer it gets to Dec. I will need to strat calling the DOC to find out when someone is coming out to do an expection of the house and then I guess when that is complete they will set a date a week or two after that. Do they usually get out within the TPM month?
I cant say this is the case in all states, but as I said Idaho doesnt give exact dates either. I think a lot of if has to do with the case loads that are given and how many they are letting out. By leaving it open then it gives the prison flexibility as far as when to get paperwork done and it also give the parole office flexibility as to when they can get inspections done. That way the parole office can better schedule things and make sure everyone gets what they need taken care of.

If it were me I would probably call sometime the end of November if you havent heard from them by then. At that time they may or may not have it scheduled.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:33 PM
My baby's home!!!

Nope, in GA they don't give exact dates, they just give the month and year like ONE said. (ex. 07/2005). They won't put the date/day in the computer until the DAY they are actually released. They will probably tell your bf the "day/date" he can come home; a week or so before he is actually released. At least that's how it was for us. Hope this helps. And yeah, they are usually released during their TPM, if not it would be soon after, like the very next month.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,027 Times in 560 Posts

With the exception of max out dates, I don't think they publicize an actual day because of all the facilities in the state. You have to remember the Board has all the facilities to handle in the same state and this takes time. Whether it be by an actual visit or on video, it still all takes time.

I would think though at least from month to month, they would have to have some kind of schedule, perhaps you could call them and ask.

Good luck to you and your loved one.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 06-22-2005, 02:42 PM

My son made parole and now we are waiting for the people to finish investigating plan to live here. We have No guns, no drugs etc. What do they check for?
Thank you for any replys.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
home since 8/06

beatrice, In New York they just want to make sure he is coming home to livable conditions, that he has space for himself, his things. That the people who live there are who you say live there, so they can see his escape routes, like in NYC, fire escapes...etc...To make sure there is no drug activity outside or around, things like that. If you have animals, how they are....etc etc...

Last edited by Manzanita; 06-22-2005 at 06:12 PM..
Old 06-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,027 Times in 560 Posts

Another thing they check for is alcohol. I have also been told that sometimes there is a question about pets, but this is different for each state. Alcohol seems to be all over from what i have heard. Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 06-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned

well, first of all not all states give an exact release date. california for one does not due to the fact there is a lot of gang retaliation and a rival gang member could be there waiting win they walk out those doors.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Last edited by givens girl; 06-23-2005 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: nothing here
Old 06-23-2005, 06:37 AM

Yes, we have a exact tpm date of 01.21.2011, thats in Georgia. I'm not sure what others have experienced but my husband did fall up under the 90% so we are looking for his tpm to change soon. When I went to the board they said his case should go up for review around Jan 2006. So please keep us in prayer.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
honeychild

I have the same problem! My husband's TPM is June/2005 and there are only 8 days left in the month and we have not heard anything. I have called and called, but still nothing....I understand your frustration...All of the investigations and visits have been done, but still no exact date....if you come across anything please let me know, I will do the same. I just don't know where to begin!