Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prisons & Jails > Other Mississippi Private Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Mississippi Private Prisons Topics & discussion specific to private prisons in Mississippi. (For discussion of Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility in Tutwiler, please visit that subforum.)

Old 04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't Compromise Yourself

Default Walnut Grove Youth Correctional Facility

WGCF – Walnut Grove Youth Correctional Facility

Warden: Walter Tripp

P. O. Box 389 – Walnut Grove, MS 39189

Phone: (601) 253-2348

MDOC Compliance Officer: Pat Maxey

updated February 15, 2008
Attached Images
File Type: gif walnut%20grove.gif (40.1 KB, 457 views)

Last edited by Mrs.Glamma; 02-15-2008 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Update Information
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Default walnut grove

hi,
is there anymore info on w.g.y.c.f.?i click on the link and it show pic of the facility nothing else.
thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Default need advice

info on wall nut grove fascility
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Opened – March, 2001
Owned by: Walnut Grove Development Authority; Operated by Cornell Companies, Inc..
Authorized capacity is 1,500 Youthful Offenders; Custody Levels: All
American Correctional Association Accreditation August 2002, Reaccredited January 2009
Mississippi Department of Education Accreditation: May 2004 - May 2009

Programs offered:

Adult Basic Education (ABE) Religious Programs Carpentry General Education Diploma (GED) Recreation Culinary Arts High School Diploma Pre-Release Program Horticulture College Correspondence Courses Computer Science Programs Masonry ACT-preparation course study
A&D Drug Program - 6 months (Long Term) & 3 Months (Short term)
Anger Management Counseling
Court ordered Regimented Inmate Discipline Program (RID) - 6 months
Non-Court ordered Regimented Inmate Discipline Program (RID) - 3 months
-----

I located this thread on another forum-
NOTE: 2007 post-- SO this may have changed
-
Visiting an Inmate

Approved Visitors
Under the age of eighteen, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
Visitors fourteen and older will have photographic ID each time they wish to visit. Visitors will not be permitted entrance to the institution without photographic ID.
Individuals on probation or parole or other forms of conditional release will obtain the permission of both their program supervisor and the Superintendent prior to being allowed to visit

Unapproved Visitors
Individuals who have been convicted of a felony will be prohibited from visiting offenders except in those cases where immediate family relationships can be established.
Individuals who, through investigation, are believed to pose a threat to the offender or institution will be excluded from visitation.
A visit between an offender and the offender’s victim will not be permitted unless approved, in advance, in writing by the Superintendent.

Length and Frequency of Visits

Only the institution’s schedule, space, and personnel constraints or where there are substantial means to justify such limitation will limit the length and frequency of visits. It is the responsibility of the offender to notify his/her visitors of the days and hours of visitation.

“A” custody female offenders will be allowed to visit the first four Sundays of each month.
“B” custody female offenders will be allowed to visit two Sundays a month on alternate weeks.
“C” custody female offenders will be allowed to visit the second Tuesday of each month.
“A” custody male offenders will be allowed to visit the first four Saturdays of each month.
“B” custody male offenders will be allowed to visit two Saturdays a month on alternate weeks.

All approved offenders will be allowed to receive visitors from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. on scheduled visiting days.

Visitors Entry to Institution

All visitors will be required to properly identify themselves with Visitor ID cards, drivers license, Military ID or State ID and will be required to register at the visitor registration desk.

All cars are to be parked in the assigned parking areas and are subject to search.

Visitors will not be allowed to maintain possession of their personal keys while in the visitation center.

Visitors will have no more than $20 in change for vending machines.

Visitors may bring cigarettes and/or tobacco products purchased from the institutional canteen.

Visitors will be allowed to bring prescribed medication into the institution only in the necessary dosage.

Visitors will leave wallets, purses, handbag, change purses, excessive clothing, etc., locked in their vehicles.

Visitors with infants may have 1 diaper bag, 2 diapers, 2 bottles of formula or juice, 1 pacifier, 1 infant receiving blanket and 1 change of baby clothes. Car seats, carriers and strollers are not allowed.

Visitors will have the top of the right hand stamped prior to entry into the visitation center.

Visitors are prohibited from trading or selling anything to a visitor.

Visitor Dress Code

Visitors will be dressed appropriately. No tank tops, see-through clothing, low-cut articles of clothing exposing the upper torso, miniskirts or mini-dresses, or any form of seductive garments will be allowed.
Shorts and skirts must be no more than three inches above the knee. Visitors must wear full-length shirts (long or short sleeve). Shoes designated for street wear, including tennis shoes, must be worn. House slippers, beach sandals (i.e. thongs, flip-flops) and shower shoes are not permitted. Individuals improperly or inappropriately dressed shall not be allowed to visit.

Termination and Suspension of Visitors

A visit will be denied or terminated and visiting privileges suspended by the Superintendent or designee for any of the following circumstances:

If a visitor is under the influence of drugs or alcohol

If a visitor refuses to submit to a search

If a visitor refuses or fails to produce sufficient identification or falsifies identifying information

If a visitor violates institutional visiting rules

If a visitor fails to prevent children from acting in a disturbing and disruptive manner in the visiting area

If a visitor displays excessive physical contact with an offender

If in the judgment of the respective Unit Administrator, necessary order and security cannot be maintained, action will be taken to terminate the visit

If the visitor is improperly dressed

ALSO following is a STATS Sheet from MDOC, Feb 2009

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/Research...24,%202009.pdf
Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 PM

I have a friend that is serving 25 yrs his first top is walnut grove unit 5c can anyone give me info or tell me how to find out as his parents are going nots to gind out thanks so much
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 AM

MDOC inmate search page is here:

if the link above doesn't work --
this is link to copy/paste in browser
http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/inmatetest.asp
Old 05-08-2010, 01:16 AM
in His care

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryterry View Post
I have a friend that is serving 25 yrs his first top is walnut grove unit 5c can anyone give me info or tell me how to find out as his parents are going nots to gind out thanks so much
My son is there and recently in a letter said that his new room mate was serving like 25 yrs, it may be possible that your friend is my sons room mate. I dont really know alot bout WGYCF, my son has been there before but i live in another state and have up til now just had to acept that he is locked up. He knows nothing much about whats going on except that he is there and was told he would be moved bk to his county jail later on this year to go to court on his newest charges. I have no idea where to start on how to find out anything myself.
Good luck to you. Maybe we'll all find the answers we're looking for.
Thing is...Im not even sure what my question would be..lol
Old 04-26-2011, 11:27 PM

Hey, so Im new to all of this. The father of my child is currently in WGYCF and i was reading the visitation rules and didnt notice anything about affectionate behavior and the information about what babies can have a little disheartening. Im a little curious as to how much contact he can have with me and his son. Oh and also what about jewelry im sure there are limitations but thats also not mentioned. Any ideas?

Last edited by DragonNation; 04-26-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 PM

My son has been at WG since December. I have been to every visitation possible since he got there. There are specific rules about dress code, jewelry, etc, but rest assured, the process changes every time you visit.
I can tell you this much... for women, go ahead and skip the skirt and wear long pants. Jeans work fine as long as there are NO holes, tears, etc. They will not let you in with sweat pants or anything tight fitting. Same goes with shirts. Your best bet is to wear a loose fitting shirt. The rule of thumb is, if its revealing or provocative, skip it. The only jewelry allowed is a wedding ring and/or religious necklace. Nothing else. I even had to take off my toe ring.
If you are bringing small children to visit, they allow 1 or 2 bottles, a couple of diapers, and a few baby wipes. Wipes have to be put into a clear plastic baggie. Be prepared also, they will search your children on the way in as well.
Once you get through the security check and into the visitation area, you get to hug your loved one when they first arrive and when they are leaving. Other than that, you sit across a table from them during the visit. Most times they allow the children to sit on the same side or to be held by them during the visit.
Be sure to bring your quarters, they allow you to bring $20 in a clear plastic baggie. They have vending machines and that is a big plus since they don't get access to any of the snacks and soft drinks Other than at visitation.
A few other small things, leave your purse, phone, and any other stuff in your car. The only things you need to bring in are your picture ID, quarters, and the few items needed for small children. They give you a key for a locker to put your car keys and id in while you visit.
Make the most of your visit and know that the first one is usually the hardest.
Hope this helps a little.