Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prisons & Jails > Other Mississippi Private Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Mississippi Private Prisons Topics & discussion specific to private prisons in Mississippi. (For discussion of Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility in Tutwiler, please visit that subforum.)

Old 04-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Don't Compromise Yourself

Default East Mississippi Correctional Facility (EMCF) prison profile

EMCF – East Mississippi Correctional Facility

Warden: Dale Caskey

10641 Hwy 80E – Meridian, MS 39304

Phone: (601) 485-5255

MDOC Compliance Officer: Faye Noel

East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, Mississippi, is a private prison operated by the GEO Group, Inc. Corrections Corporation that houses close and maximum custody male inmates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg port_corr_1.jpg (31.3 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg emcf_int.jpg (18.8 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by Mrs.Glamma; 02-15-2008 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Updated Information 2/15/2008
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2006, 06:52 PM

they moved him here yesterday. Any information on what it's like?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

I have been told it is not horrible - however it is prison.

Prison will be what he makes it to be - tell him to keep his head up
Old 10-20-2006, 06:32 AM

Default question

he is a sex offender--two counts of sexual battery against a minor and one of touching a child for lustful purposes. He was moved to EMCCF because he is mentally ill.

What will life be like for him in prison?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

I do believe that East Mississippi Correctional houses strictly mentally ill inmates. Like Jonathan, I've heard that as far as prisons go, it's not too bad a place......but it's still prison.

There are a few customers in my office that work at that facility and they are nice folks.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Hi suzyq14. Welcome to PTO!

You might want to check out our Loving a Sex Offender Forum. You'll find lots of friendship and support with others who have family members in similar situations.

mrsdragoness
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 10-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Donation Award 

I know a lady whose brother is there and he says it is the best he has been in and he has been in about 4. They have AC or where he is does. Food is better but as I hear often, too small a portions. The man I know is as content being there as you can be in prison. I think there are LOTS that are MUCH WORSE. This one may be the best, not sure. MCCF in Holly Springs has been said to be very good also or those who are in the "Bible College" there say theirs is good for prison.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 PM

My love was housed at EMCF, but he was not mentally ill. The reason why he was moved there is because I would not visit him at Parchman, because I used to work there, and that was to only place at that time he could move to according to his case manager at that time from Parchman. The facility is nice, central heat and air, but like always you have those type of CO's that want to be more than what they are. Tell your love one to keep his head on straight and do what's asked of him and he shouldn't have any problems.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:11 PM

You really dont have to much to worry about, it is a modern facility, the medical care is pretty good, they have satellite tv, a/c and heat. I use to work there, it is very clean tell him to just keep his nose clean and do his best to move on up through there levels. If you need more info or input let me know, always willing to give info to people who care. But for the most part its cool.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Donation Award 

Isn't there 2 facilities in Meridian? EMCF and another which is a mental facility?? I think I heard something about that and that may be some of the confusion. My friend that is there is thankful to be there.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 AM

Default emcf

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's lil ladee View Post
You really dont have to much to worry about, it is a modern facility, the medical care is pretty good, they have satellite tv, a/c and heat. I use to work there, it is very clean tell him to just keep his nose clean and do his best to move on up through there levels. If you need more info or input let me know, always willing to give info to people who care. But for the most part its cool.
hey.. my dad was recently put in emcf..i was wondering if you could give me any info about the place..he was in CMCM for about a wk and tried to kill himself so now hes at emcf..from what he says..(which could be true or not) he is not safe there..he gets raped repeatily, food is awful..etc..like i said he could just be playin me and my family..but i thought maybe you could give me some insight..we are trying to get him moved to the prison in holly springs ms..but so far we havent had anyone even offer advice ...anything would help..thanks
Old 10-26-2008, 03:17 PM

My son has just transferred there and I havent heard from him yet, and that makes me worried...He was diagnosed schizophrenic while in the Tishomingo county jail..didnt do much for his time with the charge of fondling(why girls who like older guys cant be charged with something Idk), but is now on meds, so I'm hoping things work out for him. He's never been in trouble before so this was a shock for all of us. The answers I've seen regarding this facility helps me a little..but its still prison, so not delusional by any means

Mahatma Ghandi
Old 10-28-2008, 09:59 AM

I don't think too much of that goes on there. It is pretty structured. I'm not saying it doesn't happen-but I wouldn't go as far to believe it was on a regular basis. East has been a life savor for us. Parchman was horrible.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM

I finally heard from my son and he says its pretty laid back so he's doing ok.

Mahatma Ghandi
Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 PM

I just want to warn all of you that your loved ones will be VERY lucky if they suffer no problems at this facility. It is NOT strictly a mental facility, as it was supposed to be in the beginning. My son was sent there suffering from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and Major Depression.
They have added at least two new units and are housing some of the worst of the worst, according to my son. Apparently, the gang members pretty much run the place. Most of the CO's are very nice, but they cannot control the gangs. My son just tries to be vigilant and watch his back. Even so, he has been robbed repeatedly after making canteen. He was attacked at knifepoint once and his radio and headphones were taken. Those inmates who have no family or whose family has deserted them have no way of making canteen, so they take from the inmates who do have personal items. The ones who do make canteen are being gouged i.e., a package of coffee just went up 55 cents and the raman noodle soup that we pay 15 cents for are 50 cents there.
Unit 5 has no hasps on the lockers, so there is no way to attach a lock. The only way to protect your belongings is to just carry it around with you or have a "buddy" help watch your stuff while you take a shower.
This facility has turned into a real nightmare for my son. He has requested and been approved a transfer but, according to an MDOC representative at the facility, there is a list of over 400 men trying to get out of there.
A fellow inmate was finally transferred, but only after his face and head were severely cut open. He almost lost an eye after the attack. I really hope my son leaves that place before he is a victim of this same type of violence.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Matt's mom

Oh, My God, I just found out my son has been moved there, at first I was a little bit happy because it was closer to us, then I saw where the guy he was with that led him in to the trouble they are in, is also there. i did not think they would do that, but I am learning so much. My son has always been harrassed and bullied by this boy, since they were in elementary school, They both have ADDHD, but until this crime my son had never been in trouble, this guy has a long juvenile record and never ended even into adult hood, until now, they both got lwop. I am really frightened now about this place, my son is small and very gullible, he will be in major problems if you are right. I will not sleep a wink tonight. Will this ever end.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:12 PM

My son is at EMCF and they will not tell you anything he is in pre-release but I can't get them to tell me any thing about that. I do know there is some of the inmates will try and take their canteen when they get it.He was at wilkerson before he was moved and it was pretty good.
marya39530
Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 PM

Default Address for East Miss, CCF

Hello All,

A friend of mine was transferred to East Mississippi, CCF.
Does anyone know the address to write him there? I know his unit number and his inmate number, but I don't know the proper address to write him.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Donation Award 

East MS Correctional Facility
10641 Hwy 80 East
Meridian MS 39304
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM

I address my letters like so:
Loved One, MDOC# 123456
EMCF
10641 Hwy 80, West
Meridian, Ms. 39307
The Following User Says Thank You to Sisson3 For This Useful Post:
pj0471 (04-23-2010)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM

My Fiance' was transfered to EMCF, from Wilkerson over a year ago. He much prefers EMCF saying the food was better at Wilkerson, but the living conditions are better here. He has been safe but recomends getting off the ground floor if possible. Getting away from the "action" is key.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:35 AM

Default Help!

Is there anyway I could find public information about an inmate in EMCF?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblueeyes View Post
Is there anyway I could find public information about an inmate in EMCF?
Here is the link for MDOC Inmate Search http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/InmateTest.asp

Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyq14 View Post
they moved him here yesterday. Any information on what it's like?
here is what its is like from a person who was released just recently from emcf , when you arrive the other inmates are sizing you up, weak,strong, gang member or non gang member, easy to rob or will fight, the truth is gang members control all of the facility through intimidation through violence stabbings and beatings. The air conditioning surprised me and so did the cable t v system however do not let that fool you mdoc will not release the record of suicides, stabbings, and fights because they know the ACLU and love ones with family in there will protest the running of the prison. The inmate will rarely see the outside yard itself they are very concerned about escape and reputation of the facility. The type of inmates are about est. 70% gang members BGD/VICELORDS, 3% aryan brotherhood, 1% mexican mafia/blackstones/ and the rest are nongang members. there is what is called holding up being ready to fight for your respect,food,shower,canteen, t v channel ect; ect. all in all not a good place to be two person cells in open population you have no idea who you are going in the cell with. so problems and violence are ripe all the time. any thing that resembles disrespect as they call it, causes issues there. believe it or not about est.18% of the guards are gang members themselves so there is a ready supply of weed to smoke, some cocaine, pills, and meth on occasions. so its was never drug free when i was there. it will be a life changing experience to say the least.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:42 AM

Anyone know what EMCF CAMP SUPPORT is? or what it means? Thank you in advance.