Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana DOC Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana DOC Prisons Topics and discussion specific to Louisiana DOC prisons.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Info needed about River Bend - Lake Providence, La

Hello everyone. My husband was in St Tammany Parish for the last 9 months, he was recently transfered to a place called River Bend in Lake Providence Louisiana. I have no info on this place and can not locate anything online. Can anyone help me. I would love any info at all that anyone can give me I am stressing myself out worrying about him. He cant give me much info about it when I talked to him.

Thanks
Liz
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Dennis-n-Alisha

Hey. I've only visited Riverbend one time before my boyfriend was transferred down the street to East Carroll Detention Center. I had to get the phone number and the address from the facility that my boyfriend was transferred from. The facility wasn't too bad and visitation was better than other places I've been. It is contact visit and they sell tickets where you can buy food or pictures while you are visiting. I am not on my home computer right now but when I go home I can email you the address and the phone number of the facility because I believe I still have it on my computer. So just email me at Elgynuwine@aol.com and I will send the info to you.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Dennis-n-Alisha

The number to Riverbend is 318-559-5980
Old 03-26-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Info needed about River Bend

I have a good friend in the Riverbend Detention Center in Lake Providence. From what his mom told me, and from his letters, the place is pretty good. They've told me the food is really good and the inmates are treated well. I know that when she goes up there to visit him it's a 3 hour visit that they have, which is alot better than some places. I hope this helps ease your mind. Really though, if his mom can say the place is okay, then I guess it is.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Default east carroll

does any one know how i can find out when my husband comes home...he is in riverbend detention center, and he said that they may try to transfer him to east caroll down the road...he gave me hints...like january or february ....how can i actually find out...been waiting 9 months now
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
rickpink

Smile RiverbendD.O.C.9450 hwy 65 south Lake providence 71254

Quote:
Originally Posted by baasgirl View Post
Hello everyone. My husband was in St Tammany Parish for the last 9 months, he was recently transfered to a place called River Bend in Lake Providence Louisiana. I have no info on this place and can not locate anything online. Can anyone help me. I would love any info at all that anyone can give me I am stressing myself out worrying about him. He cant give me much info about it when I talked to him.

Thanks
Liz
write to your husband AT: Riverbend D.O.C.,9450 hwy 65 south,lake providence louisiana 71254.please get your husband to look up GLEN MICHIEL JACKSON,and have him write me ...Richard A, Pinckley Sr AT 742 meade Rd Colfax Louisiana 71417 ,He saved my life a long time ago,an that if he needs anythung to let me know.THANKS
Old 10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
rickpink

Riverbend D.O.C.9450 hwy 65 south Lake providence Louisiana 71254
Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM
rickpink

Smile rickpink@netzero.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpink View Post
write to your husband at: Riverbend d.o.c.,9450 hwy 65 south,lake providence louisiana 71254.please get your husband to look up glen michiel jackson,and have him write me ...richard a, pinckley sr at 742 meade rd colfax louisiana 71417 ,he saved my life a long time ago,an that if he needs anythung to let me know.thanks
thanks !
Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 PM
rickpink

Smile Call(318)-559-5980

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojonah View Post
does any one know how i can find out when my husband comes home...he is in riverbend detention center, and he said that they may try to transfer him to east caroll down the road...he gave me hints...like january or february ....how can i actually find out...been waiting 9 months now
Call (318)-559-5980 Good luck !

Last edited by KennyKamm; 12-28-2009 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Removed private e-mail
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
rickpink

Smile Rickpink@netzero.com

Quote:
thanks !
E-mail address removed per PTO policy

Last edited by KennyKamm; 12-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Removed e-mail
Old 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Anything about riverbend Detention center.

I was wondering if there is any programs for the inmates at Riverbend Detention center? Is there any special visitation out of state relatives can have with the inmates in visiting day? Do inmates have to request their rap sheet that tell them how long they will be in? Any information would help.

thanks
jen

Quote:
write to your husband AT: Riverbend D.O.C.,9450 hwy 65 south,lake providence louisiana 71254.please get your husband to look up GLEN MICHIEL JACKSON,and have him write me ...Richard A, Pinckley Sr AT 742 meade Rd Colfax Louisiana 71417 ,He saved my life a long time ago,an that if he needs anythung to let me know.THANKS
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 AM
rickpink

Default Dear jen...

Please contact Riverbend at 318)-559-5980 I'm sure they will answer all of your questions and Good Luck !
Sincerly,
rickpink
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 PM
rickpink

I stand corrected...Riverbend Detention Center Phase 2,
9450 Hwy 65 South
Lake Providence Louisiana 71254
Sorry for the mix up !
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected...Riverbend Detention Center Phase 2,
9450 Hwy 65 South
Lake Providence Louisiana 71254
Sorry for the mix up !
Hello
I am new to the site but not to the prison system. My son has been in 5 different facilities in a year. No one wants to believe their child is so messed up but I am starting to believe he is. I will never give up on him but to help him I have to accept the fact that something is wrong. Can anyone tell me what could possibly make them move him so many times;each time furthur away from home. He is now 5 hours away at Riverbend Detention Center Phase II. What does the phase II mean?
What level of security is it, and do they offer any mental health treatment.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 AM
rickpink

Default Contact riverbend at : (318)-559-5980

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpwack View Post
hello
i am new to the site but not to the prison system. My son has been in 5 different facilities in a year. No one wants to believe their child is so messed up but i am starting to believe he is. I will never give up on him but to help him i have to accept the fact that something is wrong. Can anyone tell me what could possibly make them move him so many times;each time furthur away from home. He is now 5 hours away at riverbend detention center phase ii. What does the phase ii mean?
they will answer all of your questions...good luck !
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpwack View Post
Hello
I am new to the site but not to the prison system. My son has been in 5 different facilities in a year. No one wants to believe their child is so messed up but I am starting to believe he is. I will never give up on him but to help him I have to accept the fact that something is wrong. Can anyone tell me what could possibly make them move him so many times;each time furthur away from home. He is now 5 hours away at Riverbend Detention Center Phase II. What does the phase II mean?
Sometimes they just move inmates around like that. My husband was moved around the same way, each time further from home.

Introducing PTO Quarterly - Spring 2014 Issue Read All About it Right Here!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:58 AM
rickpink

Default Again :please call (318)-559-5980 they will fill you in on all u need to know & good

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Sometimes they just move inmates around like that. My husband was moved around the same way, each time further from home.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Husband at River Bend Detention Center. I understand it's a private facility. Are programs offered there for the inmates - AA, drug rehab, etc. Are the inmates treated well and a good place to be? We would want to request a transfer closer home like Acadia Parish Jail or where he was before Lafayette Parish Correctional - would this be a good idea? Also my husband had his probation revoked on June 1, 2010 the auto system states Earliest release date is 8/15/2011 would this date be his parole date?
Thanks for any and all information
Old 07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
rickpink

Wink NOT AGAIN ! lol !

I dont know where people got the impression that I am the admin of this page / site whatever you want to call it...OF WHICH I AM NOT lol ! AND I HAVE REPEATDLY POSTED R.B.'s ADDRESS & PH.# COUNTLESS TIMES lol ! ( but no one seems to see it listed all over this page in several locations ! lol ! ) I know less about R.B. than the people that post here lol ! But i have a soft heart & truly feel for the ones in & out of R.B. so here is the # again( 318)-559-5980 And good luck !
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Honey,its not your sons fault they keep moving him.It seems to be the norm in Louisiana and yes it sucks.My son has been in 5 different facilities since November 2009.Its nothing he did or didnt do.Hopefully they will get him to Hunts soon to be classified then send him to his home prison.I think once that happens,he should stay there until he can come home.Good luck and God bless.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 PM

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelee View Post
Husband at River Bend Detention Center. I understand it's a private facility. Are programs offered there for the inmates - AA, drug rehab, etc. Are the inmates treated well and a good place to be? We would want to request a transfer closer home like Acadia Parish Jail or where he was before Lafayette Parish Correctional - would this be a good idea? Also my husband had his probation revoked on June 1, 2010 the auto system states Earliest release date is 8/15/2011 would this date be his parole date?
Thanks for any and all information
Like rickpink said, any questions about programs offered at the facility would best be answered by calling the facility. That information is not readily available on the Louisiana DOC website.

You can request a transfer, but in this state, it's like pulling teeth. All the parish facilities in this state are full to capacity and beyond. Just from what my husband and I have been through, along with a couple of other parole violators, they are sent to any parish facility that has room until they can get them to Hunts for re-classification.

How much time did your husband have left to do on parole? In this state, if you go back in for parole revocation, you serve the rest of the time on your original sentence. However, after two years, an inmate is eligible to go up before the parole board to try again.

If the system is saying your husband's earliest release date is 8/15/2011, then that is when they will release him.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Like rickpink said, any questions about programs offered at the facility would best be answered by calling the facility. That information is not readily available on the Louisiana DOC website.

You can request a transfer, but in this state, it's like pulling teeth. All the parish facilities in this state are full to capacity and beyond. Just from what my husband and I have been through, along with a couple of other parole violators, they are sent to any parish facility that has room until they can get them to Hunts for re-classification.

How much time did your husband have left to do on parole? In this state, if you go back in for parole revocation, you serve the rest of the time on your original sentence. However, after two years, an inmate is eligible to go up before the parole board to try again.

If the system is saying your husband's earliest release date is 8/15/2011, then that is when they will release him.
He was on probation - never did actual time before. He was originally sentenced to three years hard labor suspended for two years probation for possession of meth. He had five days left on probation when he was arrested after being involved in a motor vehicle accident where he was charged with DWI, vehicular homicide and careless operation!!!! His probation officer put a hold and brought before judge for the current charges and failed drugs screens. The judge ruled there was not signficant evidence from the accident to revoke him - blood alcohol was .035 but revoked on failed drug screens. I know everyone has a sad story and we are no exception...the probation officer lied in court and testified she did not know he failed any drug screen until after his accident - he was ordered by her to weekly random drug screens but she said she never got results because he was linked to another judge and called Secon after the accident and was then made aware of him failing seven screenings in the last seven months of weekly screens!!! Crazy!! but with God's mercy we are getting through this!! The meth charge was his first charge - first arrest - he will be 50 this month!! Drugs!!! So should he/ could/he be eligible before 8/15/11 for parole??
Sorry for the added story - it still seems so unreal to us.....we are praying that the felony charges will get dropped - the tox report has not come in from State Police crime lab but the hospital where he was admitted from the accident did a drug screen and NO ILLEGAL DRUGS.
Thanks again for responding - I feel so alone............
Old 07-11-2010, 01:57 AM

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

teelee, let me see if I can find out. I can't promise you anything, but I'll do some digging.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:02 AM

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelee View Post
He was on probation - never did actual time before. He was originally sentenced to three years hard labor suspended for two years probation for possession of meth. He had five days left on probation when he was arrested after being involved in a motor vehicle accident where he was charged with DWI, vehicular homicide and careless operation!!!! His probation officer put a hold and brought before judge for the current charges and failed drugs screens. The judge ruled there was not signficant evidence from the accident to revoke him - blood alcohol was .035 but revoked on failed drug screens. I know everyone has a sad story and we are no exception...the probation officer lied in court and testified she did not know he failed any drug screen until after his accident - he was ordered by her to weekly random drug screens but she said she never got results because he was linked to another judge and called Secon after the accident and was then made aware of him failing seven screenings in the last seven months of weekly screens!!! Crazy!! but with God's mercy we are getting through this!! The meth charge was his first charge - first arrest - he will be 50 this month!! Drugs!!! So should he/ could/he be eligible before 8/15/11 for parole??
Sorry for the added story - it still seems so unreal to us.....we are praying that the felony charges will get dropped - the tox report has not come in from State Police crime lab but the hospital where he was admitted from the accident did a drug screen and NO ILLEGAL DRUGS.
Thanks again for responding - I feel so alone............
The problem could be, though that he will face new charges for the DUI, vehicular homicide, and careless operation. I would guess the DUI charges will be decided once the tox report comes back from the state police.

Just keep praying.