Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi DOC - What You Need to Know > Mississippi Prison Phones, Packages, Canteen, & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mississippi Prison Phones, Packages, Canteen, & Mail Use this forum to discuss Mississippi prison Phones, Packages, Canteen, & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Mississippi forum.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Delta Correctional Facility-Greenwood MS (questions about the phone system used)

My finance' has recently been moved to DCF-Greenwood. I am trying to find out what phone system they use. I need to know how much the calls cost, if there are certain times of the day that calls are cheaper, a toll free number where I can call and see how much I owe and to report a payment made. Does anyone know anything about this facility? I would appreciate any info you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Don't Compromise Yourself

I think all of the state of Mississippi uses Correctional Billing Services. From what I understand, the call price is based on the distance you live from the prison. I only live about an hour from Tupelo. My husband is in Parchman. Our calls are about $5 for a 15 minute call. I will try to look up a copy of my phone bill and find the number to Correctional Billing Services for you. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask if they are the provider for that facility.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:50 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I do appreciate it. I have already checked with Correctional Billing and they are not the provider for Delta. I visited Fred yesterday and one of the officers said he thought it was inmate solutions or something like that. I checked the net for inmate solutions but really did not find any useful information.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Don't Compromise Yourself

I wasn't aware that MS had different providers. I will try to help you find the answer to this.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:54 PM

Thanks so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. I just want to stay on top of this and not let my phone bill get out of hand and to keep from having a block put on it until it is paid. I just don't think I can go with out talking to Fred. It is hard enough being apart from him. We both need these phone calls to help us get through this horrible ordeal.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:57 AM
Donation Award 

So glad you got to go see your Hubby at DCF. WONDERFUL!! On the phone's, this is a new one to me as well. I thought they all at Correctional Billing. Dubby Jo please keep us posted on this and I will see what I can find later on today as well.

Hopefully someone will see this post who visits there and be able to share info. Phone calls are VERY IMPORTANT!! Hope you find this info out REAL SOON!!

"I-Care"
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM

Lightbulb Inmate Calling Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbyjo
My finance' has recently been moved to DCF-Greenwood. I am trying to find out what phone system they use. I need to know how much the calls cost, if there are certain times of the day that calls are cheaper, a toll free number where I can call and see how much I owe and to report a payment made. Does anyone know anything about this facility? I would appreciate any info you can give me.
Hey Debby,

I did a little research and found under the MS Public Service Commission site a list of institutional service providers. Maybe Inmate Calling Solutions is the service that was being referred to.

Here's the Miss PSC site where I found the institutional service providers:
http://www.psc.state.ms.us/telecom/c...SPContacts.htm

and here is the website for Inmate Calling Solutions and you can contact them toll-free or by email:

http://www.inmatecallingsolutions.com

Hope this helps,

Angie Moak
Mississippi CURE member
Old 02-21-2005, 11:49 PM
"Beloved"

Also, MCCF uses Infinity Networks. families have the option of posting money to an account for the calls instead of collect callinng. this cuts the price of the phone call in half (at least for me it does). infinity info in case you need it: po box 30137, Austin tx 78755 1 866 681-2948. i'm not sure about what other facility they serve. hope this helps someone.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:42 AM

Thanks to all who have been trying to help me with this little problem. I have been on the phone the better part of an hour this morning trying to find out about the billing service at Delta Correctional Facility and have been a bit successful. Inmate Calling Solutions is the billing provider. They do not have a number you can call to keep tabs on your account. You have to go through your home telephone provider. If your telephone provider does not have a contract with ICS, then you can set up a prepaid calling account with a minimum of $50.00. I was told for local calls being billed through your home service it is $1.20 to connect and 5 cents a minute. For instate long distance it is $1.40 to connect and 7 cents to 35 cents a minute depending on how far you live from DCF. So basically an instate long distance 15 minute call would be anywhere from $2.45 to $6.65 a call. She did not give me the rates for out of state calls. I am sure they are much higher. BellSouth who is my home telephone provider could not tell me how much my calls are right now. I have to wait until my new bill comes out. I hope this helps anyone else who has a loved one at DCF.