Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Default How long does heroin stay in your system for a drug test

I was just wondering how long heroin will show up in a drug test. I have a feeling my husband used on Friday when he was off work and hanging around with his loser friends. He was short $10.00 and he looked a little high to me and during the night he was scratching himself all night and talking in his sleep which he hasnt done in a long time. He has to randomly take drug tests for his probation and today his code came up so he has to go and take one. He doesnt seem stressed about it at all but I am cuz I cant do this again if he violates and goes back to prison. He has been doing so good that I know of. He used about a month ago when he first got out and I went off and threw him out and all that and he hasnt used since then. (that I know of - but i take him to work and pick him up and he usually gives me all his money for the bills but this week he made a little extra and kept some and when i counted it he was short $10.00 after he had been with his friends). We had a big argument on Sunday about his loser friends but he said those are his friends and he's not changing them. he doesnt hang out with his friends but they call him all the time and with this job he has now he is off on fridays and so are they so one of them took the bus to go and hang out with him. pissed me off so bad. I am so stressed about this. oh yeah he also had said a while back that he knows how to pass the drug tests for heroin by just drinking a lot of water. but that doesnt sound very reliable to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2005, 10:24 AM

Heroin is water solluble and will leave the system within 24 hours so he should be ok! You should think about your relationship though and if he is going back to old friends,old neighborhood he will end up back where he came from just a matter of time. I hope everything does work out for you i really do if you need to talk you can pm me -K-
-Bridgett-
The Following User Says Thank You to bbacic For This Useful Post:
JaneDoe007 (02-24-2011)
Old 02-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Live for today!

I dont know anything on the drug use, but i agree with bbacic on this. If he really wants to "change", hes going to make LIFE changes, that includes old habbits and friends if they are not healthy or safe for him or you...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Always Special to PTO!

Although generally heroin stays in your system for only 24 hours everyone's body make up is different and it can stay in a persons system for up to 72 hours.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after
Old 02-15-2005, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the responses. I know I do have to think about this relationship if he is not willing to give up any of his old friends. He doesnt hang out with them during the week or weekends just on Fridays when he is off work and I have to work all day. I have become to hate fridays. I dont want to sound stupid but what does water solluble mean exactly. Does that mean that if he does drink a lot of water and tests the next day or the same day it wont show up in the test?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Account Closed

Not necessarily -- there is more than one type of heroin and some can stay in the system for up to 72 hours or longer! That's even if you have flushed with water!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM

It depend's how they test you for drug use.
I know when I had trouble at the prison with failing the drug scanner,I had a hair test for drugs,at my insistance.
If you come into contact with any drugs,it show's on your hair for 90 day's,so I'd have thought it must stay in your system for some time.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Boxersgirl--
How are things going?

ONE
Old 03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

i've always know it to take 3 days, so if he has to take it monday it is cutting it close, so the water will come in handy, but he better make sure his results don't come back "too dilute" from all the water, i know you said he's not worried, but you can buy an over the counter test, it costs maybe $20-$30, its a urine one and it will tell you if there are any traces of marijuana, opiates(heroin) or cocain, by a bar next to each drug name, i wish you luck
Old 03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
"Betty" Fan

When my boyfriend got violated this last time it was mainly because heroin kept showing up. (maybe that's because he kept using it?) Anways- I know that it stays in your system for atleast 3 days. He would always drop dirty.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:21 AM

Hi,
As someone who played the game with the urine test and lost...Heroin and Cocaine stay for 72 hours, but they also look for the metabolites, such as quinine..Quinine is just as dirty as heroin.

DocSusan
Old 04-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

quinine? I am not familiar with that except club soda says it contains quinine in it!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:06 AM

help me out with his--Sassafrass (spelling is probably wrong) cleans your system when your sick, would it also work for this. If not something from the health food stores, called Goldenrod will. I have seen it clean up the worst of the worse.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:20 AM

Question need to pass urine test?

i'm on a weekend pass from the treatment centre im at, its my last week there. and i really wanna use some heroin today (being sunday morning) is there anyway i can use, then flush my system of it for the odd chance i get a urine test tomorow? please lemme know a.s.a.p cause im guessing the earlier i do it the better. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Happy it is cool again!

I also believe it to be 72 hours or longer.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM

even if i like, drink gallons and gallons of water?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Happy it is cool again!

Oh and I think you shouldnt use Pitstick. Why would you mess yourself up at the end of treatment? I think you should call your sponsor. Right away!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 AM

and take a bunch of vitamins and shit? maybe some exlax or something i dont know. this craving is rocking me, im willing to do anything really. EXCEPT fail my urine test.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM

i actually tried calling my sponsor and hes not answering... great sponsor he is...
Old 12-06-2009, 11:53 AM

I can't believe you are in re-hab and you're looking for a way to use and not get caught. Actually, I can believe it. Do you realize you are on a web site for the loved ones who have been left behind when our partners went to prison? You are asking us to tell you how to break the law. I don't believe many members on this site are going to be very enthusiastic about telling you how you can get away with using some heroin today.

I'm sorry that I'm not a recovering addict so I don't have a lot of advice for you other than to say, DON'T USE, but I do know that's easier said than done. If you can't get hold of your sponsor, isn't there a councilor at the program you can go to? An AA or NA meeting? Another member of the program you can talk to? Prayer? A long run, a hot shower, a shopping distraction? ANYTHING? I do know that cravings are extremely powerful but they don't last long. You need to find a way to get through this craving and perhaps someone else on this site with more experience than I can advise you how.

Don't throw your life away. I've seen it happen and it's such a waste.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Together Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstick View Post
i'm on a weekend pass from the treatment centre im at, its my last week there. and i really wanna use some heroin today (being sunday morning) is there anyway i can use, then flush my system of it for the odd chance i get a urine test tomorow? please lemme know a.s.a.p cause im guessing the earlier i do it the better. Thanks!
Honey, I'm not gonna judge you, because I've done my share of drugs in the past, but, if you'r around PTO still and read stuff in here, you need to look up "TedsMom" She just lost her son to heroine, just recently, he Overdosed & was found by the sheriffs I believe, then she got that Knock on the door no one anticipates to get!!! Please, if you have family, especially children, Please think of them, get help please!! OR you will end up the same way, and I'm sure you have a lot to live for! Please read "TedsMom" information. I will pray for you in the meantime. I Love you & so does Jesus!!!! God help you & Bless you always.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EdsLady For This Useful Post:
2K&33Mi (10-26-2010), Lordbew/us (06-18-2010), Mominoc (12-06-2009), Pitstick (12-06-2009)
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 PM

sorry if i offended anybody.. i guess this is the wrong chatroom to ask questions like that. I don't have kids, but i do have a family and a beautiful girlfriend. i know you both are right, and i know the horrors of heroin firsthand. Ive had friends die. I've been to treatment centres, i'm on methadone, nothing seems to work. i cant get out of my head, im a prisoner and im not inside anymore. thanks for words of kindness, and sorry for being ignorant.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstick View Post
sorry if i offended anybody.. i guess this is the wrong chatroom to ask questions like that. I don't have kids, but i do have a family and a beautiful girlfriend. i know you both are right, and i know the horrors of heroin firsthand. Ive had friends die. I've been to treatment centres, i'm on methadone, nothing seems to work. i cant get out of my head, im a prisoner and im not inside anymore. thanks for words of kindness, and sorry for being ignorant.
You're not ignorant. You're an addict. There's a world of difference. I know the craving can overtake anything and everything around you. Nothing else matters. I get it. I'm just saying that you're recognizing that you have a craving right now rather than just impulsively using. That is great! Now you have a choice. Do you want to reach into that bag of resources and get through this craving and stop being a prisoner to your drug of choice or do you want to use and hurt eveyone else around you because you're not the only one who is affected by your using. And what if you OD? How wil you family and girlfriend feel then? You can prevent that. Only you can make the choice. But I know you're strong enough to make the right one if you want it badly enough.People do it every day. You don't have to be a prisoner to it. I wish you serenity. . .
The Following User Says Thank You to ItalianHitGirl For This Useful Post:
Pitstick (12-06-2009)
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM

i know i wouldn't OD, ive been using for years and i only got enough for a point anyways. i do much more then that usually. but yea, i know. its fucked up how selfish i can be sometimes when i think i can get away with things.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Find an NA meeting quick!! Please don't use. Even if you don't OD your family will still be hurt. It is painful, excruciatingly painful, to watch the people you love throw their life away on drugs. Don't toss away the progress you have made thus far. You deserve better, and so do your loved ones, try to remember that. Being that you are in treatment you already have been taught some tools to your recovery, use those instead. I have already said a prayer for you.

A part of you has grown in me, and so, you see, you and me...together and not apart. Maybe in distance but never in heart.