Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Always Special to PTO!

Default US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Here is a direct link to the US government site for immigration and citizenship.
It includes links to all forms and rules for any immigration purpose as well as passport information

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2005, 12:13 PM

Default needing inoformation

Hello, I would appreciate if you can tell me if an ex prisoner is eligible to have a passport....My fiance is in a prison in the US and he will be released, clean next year and wants to travel to my country in south america....I guess that they donīt have problems to have a passport , donīt they?.
Thank you

:love: Never give up on your dreams:love:
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM

I don't think so she/he will have any problem is she/he is usa citizen. if she/he has proof of US citizen then she can get passport.....Even If she/he is US citizen and has bad history she/he still can get US passport as far as i know.

Last edited by vani2004; 04-17-2006 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 11:57 AM

Default thank you

Thank you for your info.... I will pass on to my love.....

Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 AM

Default I forgot

I forgot to tell you that he has been released !!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM

even if he is released or not released he is still eligible for US Passport
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM

Smile pls. help

to those who here, i am new of this site and it well big help if you can help me to get idea. My husband and i got married here in my country, after he back to US he was jail for some felony charges for him. I am just curious if the immigration well allow him to get me here for our paper for visa applicatione even he was having a criminal charges on his record. Do you think, the immigration well dis-qualified our petition due of his background.

Thanks and god bless you all.

elvie
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 PM

Smile pls. help

Hi to all,

Please give me a advice here coz i am curious, my husband and i married here in my country during his visit, he is american citizen, when he back at US after few month he been incarcerated and now transfer to prison for felony charges, for this, i am curious if the immigration well approved my husband petion for me to get her in my country. i dont know if the immigration well approved of his application or denied it due of his background for having a criminal case. Please help me to answer this question.

elvie
Old 10-02-2006, 07:10 PM

Does anyone know if a parolee allowed to leave the states? If they undertake to return
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM

i dont believe so ,sometimes you cant even leave the state or county
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM

My wife is in prison in California and will be out on parole in March next year. My daughter abd I moved out of the country. Have you heard of anyone succesfully transferred their parole out of the country?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Hello

Oh, I would like so much to be able to answer that question my friend. I need to know it too..... Where are you living now?. I just donīt know if getting out in paroleīs rights, depend on the State, or parole rights are the same in all US.
Please anything you find out, just tell it to me.
thank you,
Bea

Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM

Don't think so, I had a friend who got out in sept. He had a heck of a time just trying to get a transfer to another county. When on parole you are usually not allowed to leave your state at all. You might ask when he does get out on parole.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM

Is my felony charge going to prevent my future wife from being able to marry me?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM

hi,
i was wanting to find out if a u.s inmate is allowed to apply to sponsor me on a fiancee/spouse visa???
i have been looking at all the required forms, but do not know if he can apply from in prison??? would anyone know???
i live in australia & he is going to be released next year (may '09) & we would like to get the ball rolling so hopefully i can be there when he is released...
can anyone help with information????
many thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM
rauls_wife

hi I Am Very Curious, But My Husband Has Been In A State Prison Here In California But He Will Be Out In 09', But Hes Not A U.s Citizen Or A Resident Does That Mean Thats Hes Goin To Be Deported When He Gets Out, I Have Heard Thats He Might Not Because He Didnt Sign Any Form Of Paper Before He Got Transfered. So Can Anyone Please Let Me Know Than You
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM
rauls_wife

hi I Am Very Curious, But My Husband Has Been In A State Prison Here In California But He Will Be Out In 09', But Hes Not A U.s Citizen Or A Resident Does That Mean Thats Hes Goin To Be Deported When He Gets Out, I Have Heard Thats He Might Not Because He Didnt Sign Any Form Of Paper Before He Got Transfered. So Can Anyone Please Let Me Know Than You
Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Question dire need

i am in dire need of help .. my boyfriend is 19 and illegal and now in prison in new jersey for about 5 days and i don't know what to do .. he was charged with a stupid bee bee gun and immigration is involved and Friday may 16th he goes to court to get his sentence and iam scared and have no idea what to do ... iam only 16 and love him more than anything and i don't know what i am going to do because he might get deported after he does the sentence he is going to be sentenced with tomorrow .. confusing right , i know. i want to maybe get emancipated or something but iam scared for him and i cant talk to him because my moms phone has a block and my cell phone is prepaid and i don't know what to do ???? does anyone have any advice i mean i am going crazy because he has one month left before he graduates high school and i miss him and every time i call the jail its always something new or different information. immigration might let him stay and help him with his papers but i doubt it and i have no idea what to do i cant stop crying...

thanks hiiswiifeyx0*
Old 09-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauls_wife View Post
same thing happened to me my husband was doing his time upon his release last day immigration got a hold of him ,i was soooo happy my honey was coming home so i thought and just the last day of his release,hey you never know he could get missed which would be a blessing, but i have also read alot stories that when visiting there parole officer immigration is there waiting for them,sounds like we are in the same boat huhh? my husband is out now ,but in mexico the good thing is that i can go and see him since hes been out in 3weeks i have seen and been with him twice .i prefer him there then him doing time here. cause this is not a joke,they are getting hard on these poor guys. good luck
Old 11-08-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvie View Post
Hi to all,

Please give me a advice here coz i am curious, my husband and i married here in my country during his visit, he is american citizen, when he back at US after few month he been incarcerated and now transfer to prison for felony charges, for this, i am curious if the immigration well approved my husband petion for me to get her in my country. i dont know if the immigration well approved of his application or denied it due of his background for having a criminal case. Please help me to answer this question.

elvie
He should be able to get a passport. But, you would need to check with your country to make sure that they allow felons to enter. Otherwise, when he gets there and they check his passport, if they do not allow felons, he could be put right back on a plane to return to US.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafdgu16 View Post
Is my felony charge going to prevent my future wife from being able to marry me?

It shouldn't.
Nowhere in immigration paperwork (that I've ever seen) does it ask about the US Citizens criminal history.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangawoo View Post
hi,
i was wanting to find out if a u.s inmate is allowed to apply to sponsor me on a fiancee/spouse visa???
i have been looking at all the required forms, but do not know if he can apply from in prison??? would anyone know???
i live in australia & he is going to be released next year (may '09) & we would like to get the ball rolling so hopefully i can be there when he is released...
can anyone help with information????
many thanks
I don't know of any reason that the paperwork could not be started. As long as income guidelines are met, etc.
He would have to sign them. His attorney could probably help arrange that.
The Following User Says Thank You to pamela_c For This Useful Post:
yadi2007 (05-04-2012)
Old 05-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Faithfully waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Here is a direct link to the US government site for immigration and citizenship.
It includes links to all forms and rules for any immigration purpose as well as passport information

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
the link doesn't seem to work anymore! anybody know of another one?

Endlessly, forever & always his...
Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 PM

kangawoo, The person that is applying has to be your sponsor has to be woking and making above a certain amount of money to be able to sponsor you. They also have to report there taxes. hope this helped
The Following User Says Thank You to rosecity For This Useful Post:
brandonsgirlie (08-22-2010)
Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 AM

I wonder if Kangawoo was able to get to the us and marry her inmate cos thats what I would like to do. But how can they sponsor you if they have no money, no regular income worth mentioning and are in prison? Wouldnt that look suspicious to immigration peole or visa people??? I really dont know how people get around this if they ever do. Does anyone know???
The Following User Says Thank You to cheray For This Useful Post:
brandonsgirlie (02-07-2011)