Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Always Special to PTO!

Default Detention and Removal: A guide for Detainees and families

This was taken from the legal aide societies site and is a PDF file.
IT is very informative and there are a few rescourses at the end of it.

http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/detention1004.pdf

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after

Last edited by ReggiesLady; 12-14-2008 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Updated link
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bella For This Useful Post:
MontrealDiva (05-26-2010), MsMelody (12-10-2009), smile4evelyn (05-02-2011), vannie5484 (09-10-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2005, 06:35 AM

Question searching for a person

bella, my question is how do u find someone that is suposively detained in florence arizona by immigration and will be removed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
This was taken from the legal aide societies site and is a PDF file.
IT is very informative and there are a few rescourses at the end of it.

http://www.legal-aid.org/Uploads/IMM...IONREMOVAL.pdf
Old 02-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Waitin4MiPapi

Question deportation

does anyone know if a inmate gets deported to there country , say mexico , are they then free but just can't return to us? and that means no more prison time here in the us and no prison time in mexico?? thanks!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 PM
MorenaRoa

Lightbulb Just a little Info

From what I know they get charged for Re Entry and do federal time and then later released to Mexico in which they are not allowed to enter The United States again. My husband is doing four years for Re Entry and as soon as he is done he will be released to Juarez, Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMami
does anyone know if a inmate gets deported to there country , say mexico , are they then free but just can't return to us? and that means no more prison time here in the us and no prison time in mexico?? thanks!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:06 PM
MorenaRoa

Lightbulb Just a little Info

From what I know they get charged for Re Entry and do federal time and then later released to Mexico in which they are not allowed to enter The United States again. My husband is doing four years for Re Entry and as soon as he is done he will be released to Juarez, Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMami
Old 10-06-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Question for you

My husband is about to get deported in Feb. 2006 am so scared, I want to cry every day. What can he and I expect. He was bought to the U.S. a very young age. So, really he doesn't know anything about Mexico. Do you know where they are dropped off. I have a million questions where do I start? You said your husband was serving 4 years was that because he attempted to enter the U.S. illegally then got caught and now is serving 4 years???
Old 12-09-2005, 02:57 PM

will they tell them if they are going to get deported in advance. my b/f's residents card expired 5 yrs ago and is now in prison. do you thing he could get deported.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:48 AM

PrincessMami,
I am new at this web site, i have a brother that is in federal as i speak. He is in jail because he re-enter illegally. The maximum punishment for re-entry is 20 years, the minimum is 2 years. But he came back in 2000 and he used his name and same social sec#. He was working for 5 years with. But he got caught on a drving violation, just cause he didn't turn on his rght signal. If you need more info. just let me know.. or anyone reading this letter. e-mail (personal email address removed per PTO policy)
Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 PM

my best friend has just done 3 years and his sentance was up yesterday, he has now been taken to a county jail as the immigration people didnt have room for him or other inmates, they may pick him up in a few days, we have heard all different stories about what will happen, some saying that he will get deported, some saying he will have a trial with the immigration, please could you give me some advice, as my friend is going out of his mind
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 AM

Just to give you a little more information about my friend, he is a green card holder, and has lived here in the USA for over 10 years. It was a drug offense, and looking at all the posts last night, which were very helpful, it does then look like he has no chance of staying here.
He has in the 3 years he hs served, excepted the fact that he will more than likely be deported back to the UK. But what is this next step all aoubt??? I mean, surely the giverment has 3 years to get thier paper work together for this case of deportation?? does this mean he may have a chance at staying??? Will he get told if he is allowed back into the USA, please let me know as there are so many questions I think he should ask, but, dont know where to start, and soon enough the INS will be picking him up from County Jail again any day.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM

Red face Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, I am new on her but i need a little information. My girlfriend is married to an alien and they have been separated for about 7 months. She has not talked to him since the parted and she wants to get a divorce. She contacted a lawyer but he said he will need to know where he lives but she has not talked to him. As far as she is telling me she does not know if he has even went to his interview or not. She just want to know how to get a divorce from him. If anyone has any info please help.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Judge Hearing

Bella, my brother is in Lancaster,CA by INS, he was released from prison after 3 years and 8 months, he will see the judge on May 5th, he will not ask to stay. Do you know if he will be deported the same day to Mexico, or how much time will it take before his deportation. Thank you,

CLAO
Old 06-08-2006, 06:10 AM

It depends if they're wanted for crimes in their own country. So, if he has warrants at "home" when he gets off the plane, he'll be detained and do his time there too.

Also, the American government usually makes them complete their sentence in the States (for crimes committed there) before sending them to detention, (Which is just another jail, but with no defined time period, A very, very, difficult thing to deal with emotionally)

Good luck !

MM
Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 AM

No, he won't be deported the same day. It can take months (sorry, even years) They have to do a search and make sure he's not wanted for other crimes in the States, or at home. Also, if he's a violant offender, they have to send a gaurd with him, and they have a back log. Then you have to wait, in case they're (The gaurds) are on vacation, or having a frigging coffee break. It's really unbelievable, and all about money.

He will also need to have a current passport, and a birth cetificate will have to be applied for, if there isn't one available. They (the INS) will need to make certain of his country of origin, is it really Mexico? etc.

It takes time, dependant upon how soon his home country reacts to the request and how fast they do things there. For example: When I was in detention, some African people, that were literally "born in the Jungles" had no birth certificates, there might be a paper, filed some where, signed by the chief of their village (yes, really, this is true) saying "so & so", was born under this-or-that tree, on this-or-that date. Those poor guys were in detention a long, long time. You can't make this stuff up. It's an unblelievable beaurocratic process, but it has to be done in order not to "violate their human rights"

I suppose, in some cases, 3 meals a day and a roof over your head in an American detention center (jail) is preferrable to going back to certain death, or torture and starvation in (Somallia, Haiti, etc).

I'm from England. A major world power, and it took months for me. I had no warrants here (I had never lived here for 32 years) I had a birth cert, but no passport, and they still made us jump through hoops)

In "detention" you have fewer rights than when you're a convict.

Sorry to tell you all of this, but, like I said, it happenend to me, and it was a nightmare. Worse than prison.

MM
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 AM

Default see posts from "MINUSMAN"

See posts from MINUSMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by clao
Bella, my brother is in Lancaster,CA by INS, he was released from prison after 3 years and 8 months, he will see the judge on May 5th, he will not ask to stay. Do you know if he will be deported the same day to Mexico, or how much time will it take before his deportation. Thank you,

CLAO
Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 AM

Read posts by MINUSMAN
Old 06-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Hello everyone, I just joined today and have several questions, hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction. My ex-husband of 11 years has been sentenced to a New York prison and has a release date of 11/2010. He just sent me his immigration papers signed by the judge. He hasn't even finished his sentence and he already had the deportation hearing. He is a native of Colombia and is asking for political asylum to the U.K..We have recently decided to remarry but I don't know how I can or what I can do to make that happen. We have 2 kids who are 14 and 10. One of my questions is can you appeal a deportation ruling or does anyone know how this political asylum work?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:44 PM

I am a new user and came across this immigration issue and wanted to tell my brothers story and see if its similar to anyone. My Bro. did 19 yrs for aggrv. sex. asst. he was a legal alien. before he was release on parole, he was told he was being deported. He only stayed in ins holding for less than a week, because he was not fighting extradition. Usually you will get release thru the original point of entry. which was tamaulipas, mexico. They drove him and other inmates, to the border finger printed them and release them to mexico. Fortunatly we knew when he was taken to mexico and my parents went and met him at the border because he also came over here very young and would be lost w/out my parents. Plus he is now mentally ill and disable. It was very, very hard on the family because one of parents had to stay in mexico and care for him. my mom lost her job and her house because she got hurt at work. It has been a nightmare. The sad thing is that he is out of prison but his mind is still there. I wanted to know, he has since come back to the usa. he does not work, or drive or is married. What would happen to him if he got caught? would he be deported or sent back to prison?

Last edited by angellove77; 08-01-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM

Angellove, Your families' story is heart-breakin, but, unfortunately our gov. doesn't care. Most likely if he is caught he will serve time for illegal re-entry and then be deported.
Rainbow
Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 PM

Thumbs down immigration

I would tell you brother to be careful , last weeek someone called on my boyfriend and us marhells and border patrol came to our home and got him while he was sleeping .does he have his green card . they probley took it right? well if they catch him they probley will deport him , but he willl probley get time first. I think the whole HOMELAND SECERTIY SHIT SUCKS.. SO DOES THE PRESIDENT OF USA.. they want to give my boyfriend double his time , he was only in trouble for coming back toi the us, they gave him 15 months last time.. ok bye zeta guerrero
Quote:
Originally Posted by angellove77
I am a new user and came across this immigration issue and wanted to tell my brothers story and see if its similar to anyone. My Bro. did 19 yrs for aggrv. sex. asst. he was a legal alien. before he was release on parole, he was told he was being deported. He only stayed in ins holding for less than a week, because he was not fighting extradition. Usually you will get release thru the original point of entry. which was tamaulipas, mexico. They drove him and other inmates, to the border finger printed them and release them to mexico. Fortunatly we knew when he was taken to mexico and my parents went and met him at the border because he also came over here very young and would be lost w/out my parents. Plus he is now mentally ill and disable. It was very, very hard on the family because one of parents had to stay in mexico and care for him. my mom lost her job and her house because she got hurt at work. It has been a nightmare. The sad thing is that he is out of prison but his mind is still there. I wanted to know, he has since come back to the usa. he does not work, or drive or is married. What would happen to him if he got caught? would he be deported or sent back to prison?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Your So Right Rainbow

ya your right they don't care, that's what's happening with my boyfriend he's being charged with illegal re-entry and they r making it a felony last time and this time.. he did 15 months last time ,they will probley give him more this time.. I don't have faith in any of them.. ok bye zeta guerrero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow
Angellove, Your families' story is heart-breakin, but, unfortunately our gov. doesn't care. Most likely if he is caught he will serve time for illegal re-entry and then be deported.
Rainbow
Old 11-11-2006, 09:11 PM

my husband and i were marrried begining of july at the end of july he was sent to jail for dui and in sept he was suppose to be release but ins stepped in and took him to new mexico for trial and he has his trial on 11/13 and only deporting for not going back when he was suppose to and we live in massachusetts and i cant be there and we also have an 6 weeks old son and i sent him in the mail out marriage certificate and our son tyree birth certificate i was wondering if anyone knew if theres a chance he could come home. ( iam hoping he will. i miss him and i dont want our to grow up with out him.)

Last edited by chardju; 11-11-2006 at 09:12 PM..
Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Czzr's baby

Default Possible Fed Time

Hi, I'm new @ this but I have some questions. My husband is in county jail pending transfer to state jail for a sentence. He is on INS hold and is facing illegal reentry charge after that, does anyone know the shortest or longest time feds have taken to pick up someone. Also, is there a certain place they go since they are immigrants??What is the longest sentence you have heard of for illegal reentry?? I know the maximum he is facing is 20 years, he was deported after serving 7 years for aggravated felony, and now after 3 years has been caught without license, he will be transferrred to state soon but god only knows how long before feds catch his sentence, Does anyone have any experience with this?? Thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM
FELIXSGAPEACH

What is the state charge he is looking at? Is it only driving without license? I would think if that was all then the feds will come get him soon. And file federal charges for illegal re-entry. My husband is serving federal time for that right now. He re-entered due to very serious health problems. We have been legally married for almost 15 years and we have an 8 year old son. I am an American citizen.
The maximum sentence is 20 years. My husband got 6.4 years. He has been in since Novmeber 2001 and we have 358 days left, so less than a year. It has been a complete nightmare.
After he is released he will be deported back to Mexico and I am going with him. It will be a new life for us and our son but it beats the good ol USA and its screwed up system. Viva Mexico!!!!!!!!!!
PM me if you want to chat or if you have any questions. Good luck.

Kim
Old 11-18-2006, 07:52 PM

my husband trial has been set now for the 11/27/06. and he was in jail for driving a suspended license mandatory 60 days he served that and ins had placed him from mass to new mexico and now he's in texas. and being charged with not goin back when he was supposed to. and i have sent in letters and copy of our marriage certificate and our sons birth certificate hopefully that will help him too. i wished i he asked for this info in the begining i could've maybe already had it there.
Closed Thread