Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Default Not on visitors list - can I add money to account or send books via Amazon?

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and joined to ask a question ...

I recently found out that my former brother-in-law is currently located at SCI - Camp Hill. While I have not spoken to him in a couple years, I feel bad for him, and wanted to do something if could (he wasn't a bad guy at all before he and my sister got caught up in drugs really bad, and his stealing to support the habit escalated to a sentence beyond county jail this time.)

Do you have to be on the visitors list to add money to someone's account or to send books from Amazon or Barnes and Noble? A holiday card?

I was thinking of adding maybe $10-15/month so he can get snacks, or send some books. The main reason is that I thought it would be a gesture to show him that not everyone holds a grudge and some folks remember the good guy he was before the drugs.

Thanks for any input
The Following User Says Thank You to sisterinlaw2017 For This Useful Post:
xolady (10-15-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterinlaw2017 View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and joined to ask a question ...

I recently found out that my former brother-in-law is currently located at SCI - Camp Hill. While I have not spoken to him in a couple years, I feel bad for him, and wanted to do something if could (he wasn't a bad guy at all before he and my sister got caught up in drugs really bad, and his stealing to support the habit escalated to a sentence beyond county jail this time.)

Do you have to be on the visitors list to add money to someone's account or to send books from Amazon or Barnes and Noble? A holiday card?

I was thinking of adding maybe $10-15/month so he can get snacks, or send some books. The main reason is that I thought it would be a gesture to show him that not everyone holds a grudge and some folks remember the good guy he was before the drugs.

Thanks for any input
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unless things have changed (which I doubt) you do not have to be on an inmate's visitor list in order to send an inmate funds to his account. Also, you are free to send him any publications (that are acceptable on DOC publications policy) from Amazon etc.

If he is in Camp Hill he may not end up staying there for very long until he is assigned to his home prison. Might be best off until he is transferred to his home prison before sending money or books etc.

I believe you need to send money thru jPay.com; that may have changed so I would doubled check that. If sending books etc from Amazon be sure to use the proper address (for the inmate) and make sure you list is DOC inmate number on the ship to address. Inmate address at most DOC facilities are different than the actual mailing address for the facility. Just go to the DOC website and you can find a list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinguntil001 For This Useful Post:
sisterinlaw2017 (10-15-2017), xolady (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 11:22 AM

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help
Old 10-15-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterinlaw2017 View Post
Thank you so much, I appreciate your help
You are very welcome