Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:45 PM
bartlett state jail texas

Default Anyone else pregnant while lover is locked up?

im 8 months pregnant and my fiance is in jail. luckily he will be out when the baby is two months, God willing.
has or is anyone been in this situation?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

when my bf got arrested i found out i was pregnant, he was in jail for 4 months until he finally got out on probation and then i had my child in nov - then he ended up gettin picked up in april for a probation violation and has to serve 8 years (he comes up for parole in march 2013) and as of right now i have my 8 month old and is currently 5 months preggo - its lame but what can i do? just stay positive for my son, my new baby, and for him
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM
bartlett state jail texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZZYJAZ View Post
when my bf got arrested i found out i was pregnant, he was in jail for 4 months until he finally got out on probation and then i had my child in nov - then he ended up gettin picked up in april for a probation violation and has to serve 8 years (he comes up for parole in march 2013) and as of right now i have my 8 month old and is currently 5 months preggo - its lame but what can i do? just stay positive for my son, my new baby, and for him
yeah that sucks! but at least he was there for the first one right?? this is both our first child so ive never had to experience this. .
ive seen my sisters go through it but they all had their baby daddys there. its hard.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM
&& mr.nova

i found out i was pregnant after my fiancé got locked up and i wanted nothing more then for him to be with me for my pregnancy but there was no way of getting him out, he ended up missing the labor and delivery too, my biggest fear was me going into labor and having the baby and him not knowing anything .. and that is exactly what happened, i went into labor at night and had the baby and the next morning he calls and i'm like "your a daddy", needless to say he didn't want to believe me until he heard the cries.

compared to me, i would say you are lucky that he will be able to come home while the baby is still young and gets to be there for all of the "firsts" .. my fiancé has yet to even meet our baby and still has a few months before he will

it was difficult at first, trying to accept everything, my fiancé getting locked up, finding out i was pregnant, and i wouldn't have him there for anything, but we found ways of making it special still, i would send him pictures of my growing belly, ultrasounds, order him pregnancy books and we spent many phone calls and letters talking about baby names and how we would do the nursery.

you just got to make the best of it still, even though it wasn't how i ever imagined my pregnancy going i still wanted it to be special and a happy time for everyone and my fiancé still felt like he was apart of everything even with the distance.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 PM

im pregnant and it freaking sucks, he signed for 4 years in june. talk about depressing
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Patiently waiting

I'm 8 months pregnant and my baby will probably be almost 1 when he gets outs....I'm so sad everyday

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Faithful & Proud Ol' Lady

Currently going on three months...sucks, because I've got the feeling that he will be missing the first few years. But we ladies are strong. We can make it. <3

Old 09-12-2012, 02:18 PM

He was sentenced when I was 6 months, and I had the baby last month. Hopefully he will come home when little one is 6-9 months old. It was and is hard. It is my first child; caring for a newborn, and figuring out how to financially maintain our life is a huge challenge.

My only advice is to keep positive. It's not the easiest thing, but many people have been through far worse. Take care of yourself first! Take photos, create memory books. Write lots of letters- this is a great way to document all that happens.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:32 PM

My boyfriend just got arrested on monday, I have a really good feeling hes going to be away for a long time. I'm 7 months pregnant with my first child, I'm 23. We just moved over an hour away from anyone I know. All I want is for him to be out for our daughters birth and not miss her growing up. I grew up without a father and it is the absolute last thing I wanted for my daughter. The shittiest part is I'm so so sure he didnt even do anything wrong, he got set up. I still havnt heard from him but his father and I are doing everything to at least try to get him out until court. But one condition of his bail might be that him and I will not be able to communicate unless its about our baby. I just want my boyfriend home. I feel all your pain ladies, its so so hard and its only been two days for me. All we can do is stay strong and keep our heads up right?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Stand Tall Fade All

My hat is off to you ladies that can't be an easy road...your the poster child for strength...it was hard enough for me with my kids dad lol I can't imagine doing it alone...much respect
Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 PM

The test was positive a few days before he was arrested over a blue warrant in another state. Now i'm going to go through my first baby all by myself, and him so far away. I do have the support of my family, and friends. Its just not the same without my husband. And i have the responsibility of our 7yr old boy(I'm the only mom he will ever know.) I am glad to know that you women have the strength, and are hanging in there until our men come home.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:22 PM

30 wks pregnant was 25 wks when he got sentenced and got taken away as of now hes bein sentenced to 30 yrs we are fightin this prayin things work out for our lil man
Old 09-23-2012, 01:07 PM

First pregnancy. Just confirmed it with a home pregnancy test a few days ago. But I've been bleeding for two and a half weeks. Extremely heavily at first. Doctor's appointment isn't until next month. So who knows what has caused that. My fiance was sentenced in August. Unless the appeal goes as planned, he won't ever see me and the baby. Saddest part but it's reality.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Hats of to all you mamas and soon to be mamas. I'm single mom and no matter where the father is being a single mom is a tough job. Lots of prayers and hugs to you all.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Lost in love

I was 30 weeks when my husband was taken by probation. He was sentenced to 30 months flat time when our daughter was 2 weeks old. She's almost 2 & we are almost done! Good luck to all of you!

S0METiMES i W0NDER iF L0VE iS W0RTH FIGHTING FOR, BUT THEN i REMEMBER Y0UR FACE & iM READY FOR WAR

MARCH 5, 2013 HAS COME & GONE! SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY LOVE BACK HOME!