Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 AM
ARG - I love YOU more! :)

Thumbs up Came home May 17th - Doing GREAT!

I have not been on in a LONG time, the last year was tough. But he's been out for a over a month, and things are going better than I would have imagined.

Background: ARG was sentenced back on March 24th, 2011 to 36 months for a Trafficking Min Man. He was a first time offender - with back injuries & PTSD from his service in Iraq, and in the Army. Not an excuse for selling his own prescription, but a cause none the less.

He came home at 12pm on the night of the 16th. My Mom and I were at the gate, apparently too early, at 11:00pm. It was surreal, for everyone. We had broken up about 6 months before his release, so it wasn't exactly the moment I had been expecting. But we've since worked things out - every relationship has its ups and downs.

From there we went home, sat on the front porch where he had his first (requested) meal of Bud Light, Mozzarella sticks, and Lindtt Chocolate. The next day we went shopping, (he told me he had a 36 inch waist, turned out it was 32) and met a lot of the friends I had made since my move from New York to Florida the previous May. That weekend we traveled to Tampa to see some of our friends from High School that have also moved to Florida. On the way home we registered him, and went home to finally enjoy his official freedom.

Once we were home (about 15 minutes) my neighbor who has a similar past (and his since been re-sentenced and returns to prison today, ironically but rightfully - but that's another story) comes over and asks ARG if he'd like to start work, the following day, making $11/hr doing masonry work. I about fell over! So, he's been working, full time, with several companies, making almost as much as I do with my bachelors degree! He's made nice, normal friends, hasn't done a single sketchy thing, and has proven to me - and everyone else - that he's changed.

We just got home from an 11 day stay in our home town, and it was great. Now we're ready to start looking at houses (in my name of course), getting him back in school and trying to honestly put this part of our lives forever behind us!

It was a scary 24 months, but I will forever be grateful for the help we received here. I could not have made it without the knowledge and support from all of you. This sentence changed us, but I'm honestly going to say for the best. Not all of those who are guilty, are bad. And some even learn from their mistakes

<3

*It's an infinate world, and I want you*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarGrits For This Useful Post:
anegan (07-14-2013), Grad0507 (07-09-2013), sleeplesssiren (06-29-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

That is wonderful to hear! Glad it is going well for you and him! Nice to see you around here!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
He's HOME!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,546 Times in 3,575 Posts

Congratulations to him on his success! I hope things continue to look up for both of you.

Don't be a stranger; it is always nice to have the perspective from the other side and to get updates.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!