Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:20 PM

Default Good news on the home front...Can their time get cut down?

Yesterday I talked to my man for the first time in a month. We have been writing letters back and forth but we havent spoke in what felt like FOREVER! He has only been in 1 month. This is his first time in prison and it is for a non-violent crime. Before he went in we found out i was 4 wks pregnant. I was pretty devistated when he got sentenced and was number shocked when the judge said his bid time. My stomach has been in knots because my day to day life consists of just him and then hes gone. So stress with the baby which is my first and paying all the bills and cleaning up the mess he left has really took a toll the last month. Yesterday he called and we talked for about 20 minutes. It was strange at first but then we both were trying to catch eachother up on everything in so little time. He told me his case manager told him if the judge doesnt grant him judicial release then he will still get out in 6 months and go to a half way house then home. I was so happy to hear. In ohio they have a judicial release program for non-violent crimes or F4's and F5's. After you are in for 30 days you file the release with the judge and he has 60-90 days to approve it. If you are approved you are put on shock probation and can go on with life but have to report every week with strict stipulations. If not then you do your time.... which i hope doesnt happen because i cant have this baby alone. Has anyone elses man ever got out early? Does it happen often? Im not sure if it is the same in other states. Tell stories of reuniting early with your lovessss!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM

Yes i know of someone who filed and came home so it does happen. Unfortunately my husband filed and was denied but this was not his first number.good luck to u
The Following User Says Thank You to deegurl For This Useful Post:
Missinghim4432 (05-18-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Fiancee to a Prisoner

Unfortunately, my fiancee is in for a F1, in Ohio, Cuyahoga County, to be exact... and he has to either post bail of $2500 or he has to wait until pre-trials offer a plea bargain, OR he has to wait until trial. Either way, I am hoping he gets acquitted, and gets out... but time shall tell...

Sentenced: 10/30/2013, 5837 Days until he comes home. Counting the Days...
24. Mother. Nursing Student.
Always Faithful, Forever His.
The Following User Says Thank You to LovelyLadyCH For This Useful Post:
Missinghim4432 (05-18-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 PM

That is definitely good news that there's a possibility he could come home earlier. I hope he gets approved. Their program sounds like a really good opportunity for second chances. Good luck to you guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to IfIAintGotU For This Useful Post:
Missinghim4432 (05-19-2013)