Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 332 Posts
Default DUI Info needed in Nevada

Wondering if anyone is familiar with Nevada's DUI laws. Have a friend whose 18 yo son got arrested on New Year's Eve in Tahoe and they are freaking out. Told her I would see what info the folks here might have.

Here are some of the things they are trying to find out:

What is the legal BAC limit?

What is the potential punishment for a 1st time DUI? Fines, time, revoke licence, classes etc.

Does Nevada plea bargain like California?
(He was a .07 but he is 18 so I was thinking that since he is not technically legally over the limit maybe he could plead it out to minor under the influence or something like that)

He is licensed in California. Does Nevada report this to California or do the states stay separate?

How strict is Nevada about DUI?

How strict is Nevada about parents who want to ring their kid's neck? Just kidding on that one although they are so furious with him - I feel sorry for them - they have never had anything like this happen and they feel like the world just came to an end. He is not a bad kid and not even usually reckless but New Year's eve in party town obviously ruined his judgement.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 AM

Default The Q Responds

THE Q(TICKED)

If there are no injuries or deaths in the situatuion he may to "jail" time. No prison. FIne and all that stuff.

He will have to a lawyer. NO PUBLIC PRETENDER!

THE ALL KNOWING!
Retired By Popular Demand
State of Nevada Badge #4500
"It's better to try something and fail,then not try at all."
Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 PM

.08 is the legal limit. He picked a bad time to drink and drive and a very bad place to do it in. As long as it is a first or second DUI it will most likely be jail time and a fine and suspension of his license. Q you are crazy LoL Why is it I feel like if i throw a name at you, you are going to know it?