Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oklahoma should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Mamas Loss Mamas Loss is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: okc
Posts: 12
Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default 2011 General Parole Questions & Info Thread

Hi everyone, been awhile since I visted my "sisters" in this predictament. I have about 4 more years for the parole package. On his, my son's first offense, DOC sent me a letter regarding how I felt, what kind of support I was willing to give, etc.

The second time, nothing - no parole, just fines which were unreasonable for someone who could not drive.

No wonder he is back, for the third time. Pressure, and the loss of the privalege of driving, much less weekly visits to a PO, how can they exceed and keep a job? He had just entered college, and had to not start because of the handicap. Oh well, no more chances right? What about the time served? It is nothing, no chance to drive, work, or of course support the family?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
kammieok's Avatar
kammieok kammieok is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Frustrated With Parole Board

My friend was up for parole on his current sentence two weeks ago and was denied. The part I am frustrated about is that he received parole on his previous sentence and since then has had no incidents and completed more classes. He hasn't had a write up in over ten years. He is a model inmate and even works off grounds with the tracking dogs. It's truly heartbreaking!!

I honestly believe that the problem is the current budget cuts and the budget crises is exactly what paroling inmates is suppose to help alleviate. When he had his last parole hearing the parole office at his facility recommended him for parole, but since has retired and of course because of budget cuts has not been replaced. So this time when my friend came up for his jacket review his jacket was sent to another parole officer at another facility who apparently did not deem him worth of parole. That's my theory at least.

Now my friend is severely depressed and even questioning his faith. I wish I could help, but really have no answers. Anyone have suggestions on what we can do?

Kammie
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
jdwgirl's Avatar
jdwgirl jdwgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 250
Thanks: 41
Thanked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I am so sorry and I understand what you are feeling. My husband has had no conducts and has completed every course suggested by DOC too and yet we have been denied every parole hearing. Your friend needs to keep faith for God makes anything possible. No man, no woman, no thing can defeat God. You and your friend are in my heart.
__________________
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM
kammieok's Avatar
kammieok kammieok is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Thank you so much. He called me Saturday and sounded so down it just broke my heart. Because of the snow he hasn't been able to get out and work and being locked up in a cell all day does not get his mind off of anything.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM
jdwgirl's Avatar
jdwgirl jdwgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 250
Thanks: 41
Thanked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammieok View Post
Thank you so much. He called me Saturday and sounded so down it just broke my heart. Because of the snow he hasn't been able to get out and work and being locked up in a cell all day does not get his mind off of anything.
I understand. I feel his pain, last week the boys and I were stuck in our home due to ice and snow and we all got that cabin fever. It is so hard for our guys but we have to keep them in prayer and keep them positive the best we can. Sadly, my husband keeps me positive, he is such a blessing. God bless.
__________________
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM
bikerbaby45's Avatar
bikerbaby45 bikerbaby45 is offline
salazar's wife
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tulsa, Ok.
Posts: 643
Thanks: 57
Thanked 76 Times in 60 Posts
Thumbs down parole board

I am so sorry for your friends situation. That makes me worry about my own husbands parole hearing in June 1, 2012. If I may ask what was his sentence and charge? Mine was 1st Degree Burglary. Ray has only had one parole hearing on August 2001. I sure hope things get better by then. Carol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 AM
rose45 rose45 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 10
Thanked 42 Times in 23 Posts
Default How Many Guys Actually Make Parole?

http://judicialjackasses.com/the_okl...e_board_1_of_2

I found this while surfing the web looking for answers, it makes me wonder how many of the Guys actually make Parole without having a bogus misconduct/write up put on them ???????
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rose45 For This Useful Post:
Anewme25 (03-15-2011), anmyers (02-11-2011), ghostsbabygirl (02-25-2011), He'sMyBabyLove (02-11-2011), julirw (03-18-2011), kateandjeremy (02-11-2011), whitewolf2751 (02-12-2011)
  #8  
Old 02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
He'sMyBabyLove's Avatar
He'sMyBabyLove He'sMyBabyLove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 615
Thanks: 274
Thanked 259 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose45 View Post
http://judicialjackasses.com/the_okl...e_board_1_of_2

I found this while surfing the web looking for answers, it makes me wonder how many of the Guys actually make Parole without having a bogus misconduct/write up put on them ???????

Very disheartening...
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
kateandjeremy's Avatar
kateandjeremy kateandjeremy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tn and OK
Posts: 137
Thanks: 70
Thanked 60 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Ugh not what I really needed hear.
__________________
it's not a life its just existing till he gets out




This womans heart belongs to a man
who is incarcerated by the
Oklahoma Dept Of Corrections
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Kbsles Kbsles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,699
Thanks: 69
Thanked 62 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateandjeremy View Post
Ugh not what I really needed hear.
I understand how you feel, but that article is the unadulterated truth and one that everyone of our legislators need to read for themselves. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of us with someone incarcerated printed it off, faxed it, mailed it, emailed it over and over and over to all of them demanding a response or better yet, action to correct this criminal action that takes place every single day.

The last time I heard, holding someone against their will illegally was a crime. Of course, what they will say is that they are not being held illegally, but we all know that is just legal doublespeak to steer the attention away from the truth.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kbsles For This Useful Post:
Anewme25 (03-15-2011), anmyers (02-14-2011), Lamar'sBigSexy (02-11-2011)
  #11  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
rose45 rose45 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 10
Thanked 42 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKB's Girl View Post
I understand how you feel, but that article is the unadulterated truth and one that everyone of our legislators need to read for themselves. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of us with someone incarcerated printed it off, faxed it, mailed it, emailed it over and over and over to all of them demanding a response or better yet, action to correct this criminal action that takes place every single day.

The last time I heard, holding someone against their will illegally was a crime. Of course, what they will say is that they are not being held illegally, but we all know that is just legal doublespeak to steer the attention away from the truth.
JKB - what a great idea, it would be great if everyone sent a copy of this to there rep, senator, and the new governor.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM
kfs kfs is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkoma.ok
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

They have to serve at lease 1/3 of their time before they are even really considered for parole.Even tho they set them a parole date. Is he under the 85% ? If so then he will have to do his 85% Mine was denied back in 2004 and that was the reason since he hadn't completely done 1/3 of his time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM
savannah_p savannah_p is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 30
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How are misconducts handled at parole, are they bad? My hubby has a class a because of having extra money. He is well behaved, no attitude, very quiet and keeps to himself, has never been in trouble before, he is up in a couple of months, I was just wondering if anyone knows how they look at those, btw, he is a non violent offender.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
rose45 rose45 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 10
Thanked 42 Times in 23 Posts
Default

usually they have to be misconduct free for a year to attend a parole hearing, depends on the misconduct and class issued, but more than likely the facility informs the parole board of misconducts and they dont get a hearing.

I dont understand why he got a misconduct for having too much money (on his books I can only assume) can you not write and tell them you sent the money orders and didnt realise how much he had on his books, altho I have never heard of this before?????

Last edited by rose45; 03-10-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
dark_fenris_420 dark_fenris_420 is offline
Fenris's Wife
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy ~~ Got a few Questions~~

My Husband is in Lawton he's do for Parole hearing in June he's already been down for 8 months he max's out in 2013 is there anything we should do to prepare for his Parole Board meeting anything that would raise his chances of being released? He's being held on 3 charges 1 of them he's already maxed the other Probation so it's the 3rd one keeping him there it says it's a split sentence yet I don't know what that means!! I'm knew to all this. Someone please help
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Anewme25's Avatar
Anewme25 Anewme25 is offline
AKA BouksGirl
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OK,USA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 1,229
Thanked 264 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose45 View Post
http://judicialjackasses.com/the_okl...e_board_1_of_2

I found this while surfing the web looking for answers, it makes me wonder how many of the Guys actually make Parole without having a bogus misconduct/write up put on them ???????
This happened to my love...we made parole several years back and then all of a sudden before the gov signed off (which was well over 90 days), he got a write up. What a coincidence. He has also gotten denied due to w/o's that were eventually overturned b/c of "lack of evidence"...How fair is that...you write someone up w/out proper evidence or giving an inmate their due process and it costs them parole. UGH.

Last edited by Anewme25; 03-15-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Shari's Avatar
Shari Shari is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York/CA
Posts: 6,378
Thanks: 1,963
Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts
Default 2011 General Parole Questions & Info Thread

This is your
2011
General Parole
Questions
& Info Thread
Please Post
All Your
Questions
& Info
About Parole
Here
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
savannah_p savannah_p is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 30
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose45 View Post
usually they have to be misconduct free for a year to attend a parole hearing, depends on the misconduct and class issued, but more than likely the facility informs the parole board of misconducts and they dont get a hearing.

I dont understand why he got a misconduct for having too much money (on his books I can only assume) can you not write and tell them you sent the money orders and didnt realise how much he had on his books, altho I have never heard of this before?????
I wish it was on his books, a guy in there asked him to hold it for him, guess wat, he got caught with it in his possession, he's on his way to a halfway house in june, parole in july, i'm hoping for the best....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM
savannah_p savannah_p is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 30
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default letters to board members?

is it a good idea before parole to write letters to the board from family members? would that help?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
julirw julirw is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Out of state
Posts: 397
Thanks: 153
Thanked 213 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose45 View Post
http://judicialjackasses.com/the_okl...e_board_1_of_2

I found this while surfing the web looking for answers, it makes me wonder how many of the Guys actually make Parole without having a bogus misconduct/write up put on them ???????
Rose, Thanks for the reminder. Someone I need to get back with!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
julirw julirw is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Out of state
Posts: 397
Thanks: 153
Thanked 213 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah_p View Post
is it a good idea before parole to write letters to the board from family members? would that help?
YES!!! Get every letter of support you can, job offers, family love and need, children, folks who are professional you know. Photos of the home to come back to, family, friends and do your best to get support to show up at the hearing. Your loved one needs to be very respectful, remorseful, pride in accomplishments, goals for the future.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 PM
savannah_p savannah_p is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 30
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirw View Post
YES!!! Get every letter of support you can, job offers, family love and need, children, folks who are professional you know. Photos of the home to come back to, family, friends and do your best to get support to show up at the hearing. Your loved one needs to be very respectful, remorseful, pride in accomplishments, goals for the future.

are we allowed at the hearing? i was told no family was allowed to go. thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
rose45 rose45 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 10
Thanked 42 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah_p View Post
are we allowed at the hearing? i was told no family was allowed to go. thank you!!!!

YES! you are alowed to attend the Hearing and sit with your loved one, they only like two delegates to attend though.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rose45 For This Useful Post:
PreciousFew (03-21-2011)
  #24  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
rose45 rose45 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 10
Thanked 42 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anewme25 View Post
This happened to my love...we made parole several years back and then all of a sudden before the gov signed off (which was well over 90 days), he got a write up. What a coincidence. He has also gotten denied due to w/o's that were eventually overturned b/c of "lack of evidence"...How fair is that...you write someone up w/out proper evidence or giving an inmate their due process and it costs them parole. UGH.
3 years ago, we made parole,it took 6 months for his file to get to the Governors Desk, 4 weeks later he was written up for a cell phone that did not belong to him,was found no where near his area, the owner of the phone even wrote a statement saying the phone belonged to them, so yes its so unfair how the system works, they are saying the prisons are over-run, but they are not willing to let any have the "get out of jail free" card, (although parole isnt exactly free,) by letting the guys out, they will be making money rather then costing the tax payer. Anyway when I found that article, it had me thinking about how many times that had happened to other guys, that was parole recommended only to have a fabricated or petty misconduct issued against them so they lose Parole.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Anewme25's Avatar
Anewme25 Anewme25 is offline
AKA BouksGirl
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OK,USA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 1,229
Thanked 264 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose45 View Post
3 years ago, we made parole,it took 6 months for his file to get to the Governors Desk, 4 weeks later he was written up for a cell phone that did not belong to him,was found no where near his area, the owner of the phone even wrote a statement saying the phone belonged to them, so yes its so unfair how the system works, they are saying the prisons are over-run, but they are not willing to let any have the "get out of jail free" card, (although parole isnt exactly free,) by letting the guys out, they will be making money rather then costing the tax payer. Anyway when I found that article, it had me thinking about how many times that had happened to other guys, that was parole recommended only to have a fabricated or petty misconduct issued against them so they lose Parole.
That sounds identical to our scenario! Weird.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics