Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is online now
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 13,188
Thanked 19,187 Times in 6,891 Posts
Default CCI Newbie Q&A

Welcome to CCI! If you are new to this prison, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
faraboverubies (07-21-2015)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-13-2015, 11:53 PM
vikki084 vikki084 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: California, USA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default New to Tehachapi

My man just got to tehachapi... can someone give me the 411 on this prison? How slow is mail? How are visits... I was denied in Wasco due to my drivers license being suspended... if I put in another request will it still be denied? I'm new to all this stuff... so anything to help the time go by a little easier will be appriciated.... thank you☺
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2015, 04:41 PM
vikki084 vikki084 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: California, USA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

also i'm trying to get him a package and it says hes not able to get a package at this time? why is this?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2015, 08:10 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is online now
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 13,188
Thanked 19,187 Times in 6,891 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
My man just got to tehachapi... can someone give me the 411 on this prison? How slow is mail? How are visits... I was denied in Wasco due to my drivers license being suspended... if I put in another request will it still be denied? I'm new to all this stuff... so anything to help the time go by a little easier will be appriciated.... thank you☺
Hopefully a Tehachapi regular will come along and fill you in, but in the meantime you may want to check this mini intro for the facility to find out who might be able to answer your questions.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=520778

As for the package, if he's in reception he can't receive one until he's moved to his 'permanent' cell assignment.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-15-2015)
  #5  
Old 11-15-2015, 11:25 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 30,655
Thanks: 53,782
Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts
Default

mail is not too bad.
Usually pretty ok (or was.....my hub is out now)
As to the visiting.....yeah you can reapply but you will need to clear up why your DL was suspended first. If you have anything outstanding or owe......this could be a problem.
as to the packages issue. He can let you know when he is able to get them. Those seemed to take alot longer than they should.
If he's only just arrived.....it may be too soon for him.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 PM
vikki084 vikki084 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: California, USA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
mail is not too bad.
Usually pretty ok (or was.....my hub is out now)
As to the visiting.....yeah you can reapply but you will need to clear up why your DL was suspended first. If you have anything outstanding or owe......this could be a problem.
as to the packages issue. He can let you know when he is able to get them. Those seemed to take alot longer than they should.
If he's only just arrived.....it may be too soon for him.
thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Cutepixie's Avatar
Cutepixie Cutepixie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,431
Thanks: 2,158
Thanked 1,818 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
My man just got to tehachapi... can someone give me the 411 on this prison? How slow is mail? How are visits... I was denied in Wasco due to my drivers license being suspended... if I put in another request will it still be denied? I'm new to all this stuff... so anything to help the time go by a little easier will be appriciated.... thank you☺
Yes. You will still be denied. My license was suspended and the DMV didn't tell me. I found out by getting denied after putting in the visiting form. LOL, so awful. Anyway I just went down to the DMV and took care of it. Once you have everything taken care of you can send in the information and they will approve you.

Mail depends on what unit they are in. If they are in the SHU you are talking about 3-4 weeks behind. If he is in a regular housing unit it's typically pretty quick unless it's the holidays then they get behind.

The visits are contact if you are not in the SHU (or adseg) and glass if you are. The visits go for up to 6 hours I believe. I always fly into Los Angeles and then drive there, or drive the 16 hour drive...so I always end up getting there around 1030-1130. They are weird. Sometimes they let me in with a certain outfit and other's they don't...depends on the staff processing you.
__________________
“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” ~William Blake
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 PM
vikki084 vikki084 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: California, USA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutepixie View Post
Yes. You will still be denied. My license was suspended and the DMV didn't tell me. I found out by getting denied after putting in the visiting form. LOL, so awful. Anyway I just went down to the DMV and took care of it. Once you have everything taken care of you can send in the information and they will approve you.

Mail depends on what unit they are in. If they are in the SHU you are talking about 3-4 weeks behind. If he is in a regular housing unit it's typically pretty quick unless it's the holidays then they get behind.

The visits are contact if you are not in the SHU (or adseg) and glass if you are. The visits go for up to 6 hours I believe. I always fly into Los Angeles and then drive there, or drive the 16 hour drive...so I always end up getting there around 1030-1130. They are weird. Sometimes they let me in with a certain outfit and other's they don't...depends on the staff processing you.
Thank you for all the info... I'm hoping to take care of my license during tax time so I can pay it all at once... he is level 2 don't know if that makes a difference... I know for sure he isn't shu or ad seg... I'm only about an hour away but that drive I hear is awful up the hill... any advice for that?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:02 AM
rmc50 rmc50 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Milpitas, Ca, USA
Posts: 768
Thanks: 96
Thanked 963 Times in 448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
. I'm only about an hour away but that drive I hear is awful up the hill... any advice for that?
I make the drive up the hill to Tehachapi quite often. I don't find it awful.

It can get closed due to snow and run away windmills, and I might be wary of heavy rain, but otherwise its not bad.

R. Mc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
HerKingHisQueen (06-30-2016)
  #10  
Old 11-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Cutepixie's Avatar
Cutepixie Cutepixie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,431
Thanks: 2,158
Thanked 1,818 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc50 View Post
I make the drive up the hill to Tehachapi quite often. I don't find it awful.

It can get closed due to snow and run away windmills, and I might be wary of heavy rain, but otherwise its not bad.

R. Mc.
Yeah I live in the mountains, and used to live in a mountainous town so that road is nothing. I did have a lady once going 60 slam on her brakes in front of me. OMG that was scary. And run away windmills lol!! The road isn't too bad just make sure you check weather conditions that day first. As other's have mentioned they do close those roads because of icy conditions.
__________________
“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” ~William Blake
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2016, 05:48 AM
HerKingHisQueen HerKingHisQueen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Where ever my king lives
Posts: 31
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Hi, I am curious about the SNY in A yard. A nephew told me Tehachapi is all SNY but doesn't appear to be. What do I know LOL How do we find out which is a SNY??

Last edited by miamac; 06-25-2016 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: moved post, removed quote from previous thread
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-26-2016, 08:44 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 30,655
Thanks: 53,782
Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts
Default

I was under the impression that all of CCI was indeed sny.
This may have changed since my hub was there. (he's out now)
I can never remember what the yards are. Just that hub was level 2 and he was sny
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
HerKingHisQueen (06-30-2016)
  #13  
Old 06-26-2016, 07:58 PM
faraboverubies faraboverubies is offline
His official girl.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 157
Thanked 126 Times in 86 Posts
Default

A is SNY level 4.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
HerKingHisQueen (06-30-2016), sidewalker (06-30-2016)
  #14  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
firegirl7 firegirl7 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Midwest City
Posts: 25
Thanks: 24
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if this particular prison allows internet access to inmates? Do any prisons?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 13,906
Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl7 View Post
Does anyone know if this particular prison allows internet access to inmates? Do any prisons?
If you mean actual internet access such as surfing the net, using social media etc....no, prisons do not allow inmates to be online. I am not familiar with this specific prison but I would assume that it being a CA state prison they probably also do not offer e-mail services like some (mostly federal) prisons do with Corrlinks or Jpay. I checked the prison listing on www.jpay.com and while CCI does come up there, it only offers the option to send money to the inmate so no e-mailing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-09-2016)
  #16  
Old 09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Onurcase247 Onurcase247 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My boyfriend is moving to CCI next week; Any advice on CCI would be great. Vpass appts on Sun? If so what time? What yards are sny? How are visits? Many terminations due to overcrowding? CO's? Clothing for visits- tank tops, can underarms show? Pics (purchase tokens)? Many lockdowns? Is CCI real "active", a lot of gangs? How long does orientation typically take? When the guys arrive, does it take CCI approx a month to inspect their property and give it to them? Food all vending machine? Can you hug during pics? Is it only you and your loved one at a table or do you share tables? Can the guys walk around during visit and walk to get food with you? Do you sit across or next to each other at tables? What time does CCI allow you on prison grounds for appts? Is there only one place to check in for appt? Do you have to bring your vpass confirmation? Good hotels to stay in.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2016, 03:20 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 13,906
Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts
Default

Welcome to Prison Talk Onurcase247

Maybe you can find answers to some of your questions on CCI's page - also check out what people may have posted here on our CCI forum...and hopefully someone familiar with the facility will be able to advise you on your other questions
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM
faraboverubies faraboverubies is offline
His official girl.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 157
Thanked 126 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurcase247 View Post
My boyfriend is moving to CCI next week; Any advice on CCI would be great. Vpass appts on Sun? If so what time? What yards are sny? How are visits? Many terminations due to overcrowding? CO's? Clothing for visits- tank tops, can underarms show? Pics (purchase tokens)? Many lockdowns? Is CCI real "active", a lot of gangs? How long does orientation typically take? When the guys arrive, does it take CCI approx a month to inspect their property and give it to them? Food all vending machine? Can you hug during pics? Is it only you and your loved one at a table or do you share tables? Can the guys walk around during visit and walk to get food with you? Do you sit across or next to each other at tables? What time does CCI allow you on prison grounds for appts? Is there only one place to check in for appt? Do you have to bring your vpass confirmation? Good hotels to stay in.
Hi, welcome. I'd recommend sifting through the threads for answers to your questions.

CCI is all SNY. Processing is through one building only - the visiting center. I have arrived at the prison as early as 7 am. The doors open at 8:15 am, but a line forms before. You can make an appointment (suggested) and no, you do not need a printed copy of your confirmation. I would suggest arriving before 8:15 and getting in line with the others. Once you are processed, you wait for a bus. The bus stops at each yard. You can purchase photo tokens in the visiting center. Also, the change machine is always broken, so I would suggest having dollar bills/change prior. Do not rely on the prison change machine. Visiting depends on the yard. May I ask what level your loved one is?

Attire, they do not allow plain white shirts, blue, green, khaki or coral because they say it resembles orange. I have seen someone asked to change for wearing coral. Anyway, nothing too tight or form-fitting. Cover your bottom. No visible layering. No sheer. Tank tops are okay, the strap has to be wide, no spaghetti or camisole straps.

There are a lot of new faces at this prison. Lots of moves, so the staff changes frequently.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
Onurcase247 (09-05-2016), sidewalker (09-09-2016)
  #19  
Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Onurcase247 Onurcase247 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you fix the info. He is level 4.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-06-2016, 01:49 PM
AshB2020's Avatar
AshB2020 AshB2020 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ca, usa
Posts: 144
Thanks: 34
Thanked 127 Times in 79 Posts
Default

I'm also curious, info on this facility seem very limited. We got our endorsement last week for transfer so we're stuck in the wait game. Since this is a 180 facility and they're transferring in 270s when the guys go up for review next year are they just going to get put in for transfer again?! If anyone has had their LO transferred recently any info would be appreciated. How long was orientation? Etc etc.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-06-2016, 07:02 PM
faraboverubies faraboverubies is offline
His official girl.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 157
Thanked 126 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurcase247 View Post
Thank you fix the info. He is level 4.
Vpass is Monday mornings at 7am.

Level 4 is either A yard or the new B yard that I believe they are filling up. I visit A. This used to be a SHU and let me tell you ... the prison was not prepared for the men that were transferred, so we have had to be very patient. There are no programs. AA just opened on the yard two weeks ago and the space is limited. I think you can sign up for college courses and GED. Visits have only been terminated about 3 times in the last year. It is a growing yard and starting to get very crowded with visitors. On Sunday, pretty much all tables with the exception of 3 were filled. You do not share tables with others. Orientation should only take 2 weeks, but for my man, it was almost 3 months. This was at the peak last year when bus loads of men were transferring in. He was able to use the phone during the last 2 months though. This is a very active yard with gangs and yes they do go on lock down, but mostly modified program. It's hard to get on the phones, so do not expect one daily. There are incidents on the yard weekly. You are coming at a good time because YAY the vending machine situation has been gotten better! Food is OK, nothing special worth mentioning. Get your food right away because they will run out. They fill the machines at least once during visit. The carne asada tacos are our favorite. They also have real avocados and we make guacamole. Lately the drink machines have monster energy drinks and Starbucks coffee. Yay! I think you can hug during pics, but do not get too crazy because they have no problem checking you and cancelling your visit. For a while there were no warnings. I'd be cautious my first contact visit because they are feeling you out too. Seems like they put the newbies in the front. Rules can change from week to week when there are new guards in visiting. For the most part, it's the same few cops and they are cool if you behave. The guys can walk with you to the microwave and vending machines, but they cannot cross the yellow lines. You can also hold hands while you are walking. He has to face forward at the table, but you can sit on either side. Hotels are expensive in Tehachapi. If you can find someone to share with, that is your best option. There are many hotels to choose from depending on your level of comfort - I am picky. Lol. Hmm, any other questions? I personally think this yard is crazy, but that is me. If you move to B yard, hopefully you can share what it's like there. The A yard ladies that visit are so nice and helpful; there aren't many on this site though.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (09-06-2016), HerKingHisQueen (10-10-2016), Onurcase247 (09-07-2016)
  #22  
Old 09-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Onurcase247 Onurcase247 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you for all the info. Sounds similar to HDSP. Ugh a new change trying to learn everything sucks. I talked to the visiting Sgt yesterday and I was informed during orientation they have no visits not even 1 hour behind glass visits.....is this true? I need to get my title 15 and DOM out and start re-reading.

And we are supposedly going to B yard; if true, I will definitely post info.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onurcase247 For This Useful Post:
faraboverubies (09-07-2016)
  #23  
Old 09-07-2016, 07:48 PM
faraboverubies faraboverubies is offline
His official girl.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 157
Thanked 126 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurcase247 View Post
Thank you for all the info. Sounds similar to HDSP. Ugh a new change trying to learn everything sucks. I talked to the visiting Sgt yesterday and I was informed during orientation they have no visits not even 1 hour behind glass visits.....is this true? I need to get my title 15 and DOM out and start re-reading.

And we are supposedly going to B yard; if true, I will definitely post info.
Look, there's another thing about CCI that you don't know until you start visiting ... they have their own set of rules. Your man will fill you in QUICK. Yes, overall, it is similar to High Desert. I've been told that some of the cops came from Corcoran and High Desert.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
HerKingHisQueen (10-10-2016), Onurcase247 (09-07-2016)
  #24  
Old 09-07-2016, 07:56 PM
faraboverubies faraboverubies is offline
His official girl.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 278
Thanks: 157
Thanked 126 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
I'm also curious, info on this facility seem very limited. We got our endorsement last week for transfer so we're stuck in the wait game. Since this is a 180 facility and they're transferring in 270s when the guys go up for review next year are they just going to get put in for transfer again?! If anyone has had their LO transferred recently any info would be appreciated. How long was orientation? Etc etc.

Thanks!!!
There are a lot of regular visitors that visit every weekend - me included. Unfortunately, no one posts here. At one point there was a FB group for A yard, but that has since been deleted. Many of the visitors keep in touch by text and share information. I think there is a FB group for the prison in general.

Yep. Guys come in and they transfer out after their review. It's hard to give you an idea about orientation because we have no idea. Expect the unexpected at CCI. Lol. Most of the men that transferred about the same time as mine last year waited a very long time. Hopefully, you won't experience that lag.

Last edited by faraboverubies; 09-07-2016 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (09-08-2016)
  #25  
Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Onurcase247 Onurcase247 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Visiting......

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
Look, there's another thing about CCI that you don't know until you start visiting ... they have their own set of rules. Your man will fill you in QUICK. Yes, overall, it is similar to High Desert. I've been told that some of the cops came from Corcoran and High Desert.

Oh hell.....well I guess I have another challenge for myself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie here dee_n_dave Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 7 06-01-2017 06:50 AM
Newbie to it all CandieGurl Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 6 08-03-2010 11:55 AM
newbie here but not with him Sunnyface Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 1 07-03-2010 07:16 PM
Hello Newbie Here kristah350 Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge 16 08-27-2006 08:53 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics