Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Parole two states

I had a felony in Washington State and pending charges in Oregon State. I signed a Detainer while I was doing time in Washington. I was turned over to Oregon where I was sentenced and started my confinement after my Washington time ended in Oregon. I finished my confinement time in Oregon and was given my release conditions. I had 3 years of Post Prison Supervision from Oregon and 3 years of porole from Washington that were to run together. I did what my Oregon PO requested. Eleven months after my confinement ended my Oregon PO informs me that Washington issued a arrest warrant because I didn't report to them within 24 hours after my confinement ended in Oregon. I was told there was a mix up between the two states and went to Washington to sign a inter state compact and a conditions form. And the warrant was dismissed. I was told by Washington that there was a mix up on the paper work and Oregon was going to do the supervision. When my Oregon supervision was over I called Washington PO office and was told my porole still had eleven more months left. I was told because I didn't report till eleven after my confinement to them. I was not given any instructions from Washington about reporting to them. Does anyone know if I can do anything about this? Any information would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2017, 03:36 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,044 Times in 13,531 Posts

If Washington had you as absconding for 11 months, the clock stopped on your parole there. I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done about it...perhaps one of the PO's that posts here will come along and have better information for you.

Welcome to PTO
Old 02-11-2017, 04:27 PM

Thanks for your reply. My Oregon PO says it was the two states mistake but nobody can say what to do. I know welcome to DOC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medfordman For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-11-2017), sidewalker (02-15-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 04:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,044 Times in 13,531 Posts

I do hope it gets worked out and you don't have to do another 11 months parole
Old 02-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Parole Officer

You failed to read what you signed. Your WA Judgement and Sentance states you have 72 hours to report after your release. You failed to comply.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
You failed to read what you signed. Your WA Judgement and Sentance states you have 72 hours to report after your release. You failed to comply.
Thanks for your reply. I again read my Judgment and Sentence paper. There is no statement about reporting within 72 hours or anything about reporting after release. This is a 10 page document from Benton County, JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE (JS) ( PRISON) (RCW 9.94A.110,.120)(WPF CR 84.0400 (6/2000) This is my copy of the certified copy that is filed with this court.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Parole Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medfordman View Post
Thanks for your reply. I again read my Judgment and Sentence paper. There is no statement about reporting within 72 hours or anything about reporting after release. This is a 10 page document from Benton County, JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE (JS) ( PRISON) (RCW 9.94A.110,.120)(WPF CR 84.0400 (6/2000) This is my copy of the certified copy that is filed with this court.
You're right Benton County doesn't have that on thier J&Ss but for you to release from prison in Washington, you had to sign an order of release which states you must report within one business day of release.
The Following User Says Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

I would write a letter to the Washington Parole Board and ask for credit of the 11 months since you were under Oregon Supervision during that time.

Explain and attach all related documents and request that you be given the credit and be successfully discharged.

You might also want to send the same letter to the Washington Inter-State Compact Administrator to see if they can help sorting out your supervision time.

WASHINGTON
PAROLE & PROBATION
COMMISSIONER / COMPACT ADMINISTRATOR
Anmarie Aylward Direct Phone: 360-725-8734 Commissioner / Compact Administrator
Personal Email: Anmarie.Aylward@doc.wa.gov Community Corrections Division
Office Email: wastatecompact@doc1.wa.gov 7345 Linderson Way SW, P.O. Box 41126
Olympia, WA 98504-1126

Take Care Chris
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-02-2017), patchouli (03-03-2017), sidewalker (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
You're right Benton County doesn't have that on thier J&Ss but for you to release from prison in Washington, you had to sign an order of release which states you must report within one business day of release.
Thanks for your response. Washington State never had me sign anything. I was transfered right from Washington to Oregon and finished my Washington time in Oregon then went right into my Oregon time.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Thanks Chris I will try that. My Oregon PO said he would talk to the Benton county judge about what had happen also. Thank you again.
patchouli (03-03-2017), sidewalker (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Parole Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris idoc View Post
I would write a letter to the Washington Parole Board and ask for credit of the 11 months since you were under Oregon Supervision during that time.

Explain and attach all related documents and request that you be given the credit and be successfully discharged.

You might also want to send the same letter to the Washington Inter-State Compact Administrator to see if they can help sorting out your supervision time.

WASHINGTON
PAROLE & PROBATION
COMMISSIONER / COMPACT ADMINISTRATOR
Anmarie Aylward Direct Phone: 360-725-8734 Commissioner / Compact Administrator
Personal Email: Anmarie.Aylward@doc.wa.gov Community Corrections Division
Office Email: wastatecompact@doc1.wa.gov 7345 Linderson Way SW, P.O. Box 41126
Olympia, WA 98504-1126

Take Care Chris
That's not how it works in Washington. The ISRB (parole board) only has jurisdiction over a very small percentage of offenders (convictions before 1984 and some sex offenders).

The Compact Office is only involved when an actual ICOTS case is submitted.

Not to be harsh but it's your responsibility. Finish the 11 months and move on.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:26 AM

Interesting how Washington works. I'm asked to follow there rules, but they don't follow there own. I being told by a CCO that seems to know the rules. But as I stated, Washington never had me sigh any prison release. I was turned over to Oregon on a interstate compact. Some may think eleven months is no big deal. But when you had plans to be able to move and help someone in need eleven months is a big deal. I did everything that I was asked to do. I did everything that I was being held responsible for. Oregon that's supervising said that Washington dropped the ball. So the ones responsible should set the example and fix there mistakes.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,988 Times in 10,260 Posts

Keep trying to get it fixed, but if it isn't you don't have any choice except to do what you are told to do, by the PO or the courts.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Keep trying to get it fixed, but if it isn't you don't have any choice except to do what you are told to do, by the PO or the courts.

Thanks I understand that. Oregon has been very helpful I will say in all this. I of coarse have no choice and will do the eleven months if need be. Its to bad they can't own up to there mistake as they want me to.
fbopnomore (03-05-2017), sidewalker (03-06-2017)