Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 07:38 AM

Default What are the consequences for telling lies about myself being a pedophile

Hi, I have been telling lies about myself being a paedophile out in public and online as a stress reliever due to the mental anguish imposed on me by an organization choosing to believe in other lies about me and even spread them to a network of metrosexuals and women for the last 6 years. But what will be happening since I told these lies about myself near some metrosexuals and women from such organization once they transmit this piece of information back to this organization?

I also told this in the presence of a police officer who may have secretly recorded my statements before asking my personal information like full name, address, D.O.B., etc I now have police officers friending me on Facebook as minors that I friended purely for the friend counts.

I can honestly say that I did not commit any sex-related offences.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,985 Posts

I'm not a doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist and without much legal knowledge I can only say from afar and from my gut it's never good to lie first of all but about being a pedophile without even having committed such a crime is not good at all. It could have dire consequences for you. It does not matter to whom you told those things but maybe you should stop right now.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:10 AM
attorney

Thanked 22,001 Times in 7,660 Posts

Here's what you need to do to have any hope of avoiding prolonged criminal investigation:

See a psychiatrist and a therapist and start delving into your stressors and coming up with healthy ways to deal with the pressures of your life. Saying you're a pedophile if you're not is just a very unhealthy way of dealing with social and life stressors. Further, you're going to need those people on your side to explain your pathological lies to the police and investigators once they start wasting taxpayer/government money investigating your claims. You need to be totally upfront with your treatment providers, bringing in screenshots of actual conversations, in order for these professionals to be able to provide treatment for you and to be able to adequately explain your particular pathology to law enforcement and investigators.

You will be investigated. Will your claims be enough to get you held or referred to a locked sex offenders treatment ward? Dunno. Don't know the law of the land in Oz. But assume you're already under investigation. Assume also that you really, really need help as this is not a normal or healthy way of dealing with stress.

Here's what LEO's going to do - they are going to take your multiple admissions and dissect your life and look for where it intersects the lives of victims. If you're lucky, you'll just foot the bill for making false claims about crimes and wasting taxpayer money. If you're unlucky, and chances are you will be unlucky, you will go away for a very long time as they hang as many child sex cases on your admissions as possible.

Get help NOW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
GaReform (08-27-2016), Jan D (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 08:20 AM

Default This was 6 months ago, and I no longer do do it.

I have already sought some help and no longer tell these lies about myself. I've even made it clear to these officers on Facebook that I am not a paedophile as I have told each of them. This police officer was out in public when he may have secretly recorded me.

Last edited by Jan D; 08-26-2016 at 08:24 AM..
Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 AM

Default They can not press other child sex offences against me.

I don't think it's fair why police should press child-sex offences against my name purely for me saying these lies about myself. That's not fair.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:43 AM

Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
I don't think it's fair why police should press child-sex offences against my name purely for me saying these lies about myself. That's not fair.
Life isn't fair. Fact of the matter is you told horrible lies about yourself for whatever reason and now you are wasting the police resources when they could be catching actual pedophiles. The concern is that if you would go so far as to tell NUMEROUS people that you were a pedophile, there's very likely the desire to have sex with a child. Why else would you say those things? At the very least I think you would be looking at time in a mental hospital, which might really help you sort your life out.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:55 AM
attorney

Dude, what you say are lies, the rest of the world sees as confessions. LEO has to investigate. Depending on how well trained LEO is, and what the laws are in Oz, and how many open cases they have that fit your confessions, you may well be fucked.

Yes, false confessions are a thing, but they still must investigate to ascertain the validity of that confession. And they treat it as an actual confession until PROVEN otherwise. So, yeah, expect a full investigation.

You may want to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to help you at this point so you don't do more harm than good.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:28 AM

Default Still not fair.

My neighbor has been defaming me for the last 6 years as a pervert for something my eldest sibling did, and now his lies about me will turn into police reports.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,132 Times in 8,173 Posts

Quote:
Hi, I have been telling lies about myself being a paedophile out in public and online as a stress reliever due to the mental anguish imposed on me by an organization choosing to believe in other lies about me and even spread them to a network of metrosexuals and women for the last 6 years.[...]
So many questions, but namely...what the serious heck?

For my own understanding:
For six years you've been harassed by an organization and in order to cope you falsely outed yourself to a group of women and well-dressed men as a sex offender. Is that correct?

I'm not worried about your legal issues, if there any to be worried about. Locate a qualified therapist and find out why you need this level of attention. If you aren't able to locate a therapist, your local emergency room can usually help you find a referral.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-26-2016), Ms Sunny (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
So many questions, but namely...what the serious heck?

For my own understanding:
For six years you've been harassed by an organization and in order to cope you falsely outed yourself to a group of women and well-dressed men as a sex offender. Is that correct?

I'm not worried about your legal issues, if there any to be worried about. Locate a qualified therapist and find out why you need this level of attention. If you aren't able to locate a therapist, your local emergency room can usually help you find a referral.
I have self-defamed myself as a stress reliever, yes. It's for my own wellbeing.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
They were lies about me I said as a coping mechanism due to the undue anguish I had suffered for the last 6 years.
Unless the people accusing you post on here why on earth would you come to this site at random and make this confession? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
The Following User Says Thank You to priceam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,132 Times in 8,173 Posts

Quote:
I have self-defamed myself as a stress reliever, yes. It's for my own wellbeing.
And so you've sought therapy or mental health intervention for this, correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 11:01 AM

Unhappy How likely will prisoners find out if someone is a paedophile?

Hi, I might be going to prison sometime in the future as a result of my stupidity of slandering my own name with lies about me being a paedophile in public and online. I had one police officer who may have secretly recorded my statements out in public before he went up towards me and asked some personal information like my full name, D.O.B., address, etc. I now have police officers sending me friend requests as minors on Facebook and tagging me in photos, possibly to build up evidence to go with my statements one police officer had secretly recorded in public.

I fear that the police will investigate, charge and then testify against me in court with whatever charges they can use with that statement until I'm sent off to prison where some of these inmates may have 'informants' from outside who will come across these posts I made about myself being a paedophile.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM

I have never heard anything like this. I have heard of girls who lie about being pregnant so they can get men to marry them - or about women who lie about being pregnant and then try to steal a baby when they get close to what would be their delivery date - or girls who lie about having sex with certain guys (happened to my best friend when we were in our 20s and neither one of us could understand why she would single him out as her imaginary lover) - I've heard of false confessions to actual crimes - but never have I heard of making up crimes that never happened and naming yourself as the perpetrator - especially crimes that involve the sexual abuse of young children.

If this is real (and I'm sorry to doubt you, but if you've been making up these stories and repeating them to multiple audiences over a period of years, you could just as easily be telling us another set of variations on the same theme), I think you need more help than anyone here could offer you - and I think possible legal repercussions are the least of your worries.

I'm not a psycholgist or a psychiatrist, so this is just my opinion - but I believe this kind of action takes a more deeply disturbed personality and imagination than I can begin to grasp.

I am not trying to be ugly, but I think that you need to check yourself into a mental hospital - regardless of whether you lied to others or are lying to us. I fear for your safety - from yourself.

For your own sake, check yourself into the hospital.

Last edited by Tina Balser; 08-26-2016 at 11:47 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tina Balser For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-26-2016), Ms Sunny (08-27-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 01:10 PM

Sounds like the best thing for your well being, as well as those in your circle, if you are investigated, thus getting to the root of what sounds to me to be either path liar, pedophile, or some sort of anti-social or poor impulse control issues.
Sometimes the thing you fear the most is your own personal truth.
Get attorney, get a 72 hour hold, or wait to get arrested. But stop feeling bad for you, because apparently you decided that calling yourself a pedophile is better than the truth. You own this. Make a call to mental health svcs. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 01:30 PM
attorney

Dude, you need to chill and put a call into both your therapist and a good attorney. You've already gone from investigation to getting your ass handed to you by inmates after you've been convicted as a child sex offender. Slow down.

And you really need to contact competent counsel in your area about this because criminal charges may not be all that you face. In the US, mental hygiene laws can be used to lock potential sex offenders in a mental hospital.

Contact counsel. If you need to issue lies online or in person, you are in crisis, and need to contact your therapist or go to a hospital.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-26-2016), Ms Sunny (08-26-2016), sidewalker (08-28-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,822 Times in 1,538 Posts

My goodness.........what an alarming thread. Jan D..........WE ALL FIND WHAT WE'RE WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR IN THIS LIFE IF WE STAY AFTER IT LONG ENOUGH. Why would you claim to be something of that magnitude if in fact, you are not? And its not my place to set the facts straight. Either way.......I don't care. You've never been to prison.....I've spent 17 years inside so, who am to judge?
At the same time.....THIS WEBSITE is about is about information and support. We are an online family. Please be mindful of that. We mean you no harm and we're here to help. The question is are you ready for help? In the end....we're all headed down the path we've chosen for ourselves. Maybe this is the time in your life when it's time to be real.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:10 AM

Default If I were to go to prison, would I be classified as a high-risk prisoner?

I have a 50/50 percent chance that I may actually be sent to prison for numerous offences stemming from my false statements to police or me being charged with a sex-related offence if the police wish to pin open child-sex offenses against my name that will fit my false confessions to police. I have been slandering my own name online and in public by saying lies about myself being a paedophile not knowing there was a police officer nearby secretly recording my statements in public before asking me questions about my full name, D.O.B, address, etc. I feel that I may need to be placed as a high-risk offender due to other inmates having outsiders who can do Google searches on my name and coming across my posts about me being a paedophile.

My self-defamation is a stress reliever for me due to someone telling lies about me for the last 6 years that also caused an organization to believe in them and spread them to a network of metrosexuals and women.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:32 AM

Default What can the police do with my recorded statement?

A plain clothes police officer had secretly recorded my statements out in public while I was saying lies about myself being a paedophile before he came up to me and asked me questions like my full name, address, D.O.B, etc. I'm now noticing a number of "minors" sending me friend requests on Facebook that I accepted purely for friends count increase.

I feel as if the police are either going to fabricate some evidence to go with my statements that an officer had recorded, or them pressing other open child-sex offenses against my name that will fit my statements.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Rebel Rebel ....
Donation Award 

Hi. I'm struggling to understand how bad mouthing yourself, could relieve stress, when it clearly is just giving you even more of it. I honestly think you now need to be open and honest with your solicitor and perhaps even your Doctor and start unravelling some of this mess.
As for prison, well I really don't know the answer to that one, I'm sure someone will come along who knows more than I do, though
Look after yourself!
Old 08-27-2016, 05:36 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,857 Times in 13,146 Posts

Talk to a lawyer, or whatever they are called in Australia, right away.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:03 AM

Thanked 3,002 Times in 1,805 Posts

Quote:
A plain clothes police officer had secretly recorded my statements out in public while I was saying lies about myself being a paedophile before he came up to me and asked me questions like my full name, address, D.O.B, etc. I'm now noticing a number of "minors" sending me friend requests on Facebook that I accepted purely for friends count increase.

I feel as if the police are either going to fabricate some evidence to go with my statements that an officer had recorded, or them pressing other open child-sex offenses against my name that will fit my statements.
FIRST of all I didn't think sex offenders could even be on the internet. And if the rules are different there WHY ARE YOU EXCEPTING FRIEND REQUESTS FROM CHILDREN. THAT IN ITSELF ISNT APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR. I'm not a sex offender and I barely have any Minor's on my page just a few family members that are younger that's it. DELETE THEM NOW DELETE THE POLICE YOU HAVE ON THERE TO.
SECOND of all your an adult does it really matter what your friend count is on there. REALLY! I only have family and people I know in the real world period. This isn't a competition.
THIRD your a pedophile you should be obeying the law and following the guidelines set for you by your state. Stop lying about your status especially to the police when they question you. Yikes
Old 08-27-2016, 06:28 AM
attorney

Dude - you don't have a 50/50 chance of going to prison.

Will you kindly call your therapist and get a good attorney?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (08-27-2016), fbopnomore (08-27-2016), Fridyrr.Likn (08-30-2016), Ms Sunny (08-27-2016), sidewalker (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Dude - you don't have a 50/50 chance of going to prison.

Will you kindly call your therapist and get a good attorney?
You're giving me the impression it can be both a very high chance and a low chance of getting in trouble.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Donation Award 

Jan D,
Your question was:
What can the police do with my recorded statement?
Answer: Use it against you!

The question that sticks in my mind is:
Why you would be making public statements that your a pedophile and then be adding children to your Fbook page?

As fbopnomore said, see an attorney and I would also recommend a mental health professional.

Take Care
Chris
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (08-27-2016), fbopnomore (08-27-2016), Fridyrr.Likn (08-30-2016), patchouli (08-27-2016), sidewalker (08-27-2016)
Closed Thread