Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Default Fiance got a job offer in Guam, what are my odds?

Hey everyone, I never thought I would find myself here. Until I ran into my fiance crying to me this morning about what I would do if she took the job offer in Guam, that will double to triple her salary.

Last July, I was in a near death motorcycle accident resulting in a felony DUI. My sentencing date is coming up in two weeks. I am still recovering from my accident. Long story short my insides became septic. I spent a month in an induced coma, and the next two months in the hospital.

Continued on to learning how to walk again, because I was laid up so long.

Long story short, I am completely sober now and loving it. Im not a violent offender, only alcohol related. But they are throwing a DUI felony at me.

I never received disability or any kind of income when I was down. Lost my job at a Harley Dealership as the marketing guy. And was forced to make money while I was sick as a dog recovering from most of my intestines being removed, including an ileostomy bag for 4 months, which was recently reversed. I now have enough clients of my own to where I can pay the bills and have extra money coming in.

I now have something called sbs short bowel syndrome. And I have severe diarrhea anywhere from 5-10 times a day. Which also causes major pain inside of my rectum. Almost like a papercut with lemon juice being poured into it.

Sorry about the graphic details, but I am painting the picture. I am in Ventura county California. And was wondering if there are any loopholes to transferring my probation to Guam. I know I will probably be laughed at. But I am not giving up hope. If my fiance decides to follow her career. I will not be able to do a long distance relationship. And she will be forced to make the decision of Me or Her career.

I told my lawyer the situation yesterday, and he will be talking to my PO. I will be sentenced to 6 months with have time in the county jail. Which was brought down from the initial 2 years in the state penitentiary.

Anyone out there willing to tell me the cold hard truth, so I can set my expectations for this life changing event. If she leaves, our plans of making a family will be over. I am so torn right now. I seem to have woke up into a world flipped upside down. And no one to reach out to.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2016, 05:12 PM
attorney

Thanked 22,001 Times in 7,660 Posts

I'm going to wager that your chances of transferring it will be best either before sentencing, or somewhere after about 6 months of probation, depending on keeping your record clean. We are not talking about doing the entire gig in CA, no you can't transfer to a US Territory sort of long distance relationship. We are talking more of a, can you deal with it for 6 months to a year after you've done your stint in jail. If that's enough for your LO to say, "hey, I can't handle this" then it is what it is - only you and she know what you and she can handle.

there is a possibility that you can start out in Guam, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it. It may happen, so if you're not going to survive a 1 year separation, and say your good byes to each other and, poof, it comes through, you may be in a more difficult position than if it just doesn't come through.

Nice - not very many months out, and you're pretty much back to your new normal. I had an accident in September, crushing my left leg. We're amputating in August. Never been more happy to brush my teeth than when I finally moved from ICU to Critical Care and got a toothbrush and that nasty hospital toothpaste. Whacked the dread that became the entire back of my hair off, too. First time in 20 years I've had short hair. Looking forward to being able to ride again, once I figure out the whole shifting thing and get enough muscle in my left leg to keep the bike up.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
rando1201 (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 06:15 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
I'm going to wager that your chances of transferring it will be best either before sentencing, or somewhere after about 6 months of probation, depending on keeping your record clean. We are not talking about doing the entire gig in CA, no you can't transfer to a US Territory sort of long distance relationship. We are talking more of a, can you deal with it for 6 months to a year after you've done your stint in jail. If that's enough for your LO to say, "hey, I can't handle this" then it is what it is - only you and she know what you and she can handle.

there is a possibility that you can start out in Guam, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it. It may happen, so if you're not going to survive a 1 year separation, and say your good byes to each other and, poof, it comes through, you may be in a more difficult position than if it just doesn't come through.

Nice - not very many months out, and you're pretty much back to your new normal. I had an accident in September, crushing my left leg. We're amputating in August. Never been more happy to brush my teeth than when I finally moved from ICU to Critical Care and got a toothbrush and that nasty hospital toothpaste. Whacked the dread that became the entire back of my hair off, too. First time in 20 years I've had short hair. Looking forward to being able to ride again, once I figure out the whole shifting thing and get enough muscle in my left leg to keep the bike up.
Good luck with getting back on the bike!