Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Mexico Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 02-27-2015, 12:17 PM

Default NM Absconder..

So my husband has been an absconder for the last 2 years he had 18 months left on his sentence and was on parole and just stopped checking in and moved out of state.. He hasn't picked up any new charges and is waiting to see the New Mexico parole board..Does it help to send letters of support? And does anyone know if they will sentence him to the 18 months plus the 2 years he absconded for? Thank you for you help...

Last edited by VanessaFaith; 02-27-2015 at 12:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaFaith View Post
So my husband has been an absconder for the last 2 years he had 18 months left on his sentence and was on parole and just stopped checking in and moved out of state.. He hasn't picked up any new charges and is waiting to see the New Mexico parole board..Does it help to send letters of support? And does anyone know if they will sentence him to the 18 months plus the 2 years he absconded for? Thank you for you help...
Hi I am in the same situation like you. But mu husband violated twice now on parole by cutting off his ankle bracelet. I hoping to find answers of what they might do to him.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:49 AM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1323 View Post
Hi I am in the same situation like you. But mu husband violated twice now on parole by cutting off his ankle bracelet. I hoping to find answers of what they might do to him.
What incentive do they have to continue him on supervision? After all, he has now demonstrated TWICE that he does not value his freedom, which makes it easier for the agency to house him with others who ALSO do not care about being in the community.

If he gets the gift of a release to parole ever again, he also needs to grasp that he will AGAIN get the monitor. So he needs to be thinking of how he intends to try and assure him that he will not cut it off a third time...