Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:23 PM

[quote=Waiting_on_2017;7054893]Hi Everyone.
So- I got my green form to fill out for our marriage... but it asks for your divorce papers. I was married for like, 6 months when I was 18 and then divorced (not annulled) and then married again from 2007 and divorced (final a year ago but we split up 4 years ago). The form asks for divorce papers... I don't have the divorce papers from my first marriage. Can I just send the most recent ones? Will they have any way of looking up that first one? No one else has ever asked me for them - not even when I got married back in '07.

Any help appreciated![/QUOTe

Yes, you must turn in your dissolution for each divorce. i was called today by marriage coordinator Tim hayes so i went to get the dissolution and off in the mail. I was first told the date would be more likely in July and now he says December and i received a call last week from his counselor. they are lagging. I turned packet in 3/25/15.

Last edited by Mejiagirl; 06-24-2015 at 05:25 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2015, 01:34 PM

Quick question is there anyone else that my fiancé can go thru to get a marriage packet he's saying the chaplain is never there ��
Old 08-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 23,120 Times in 8,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina0303 View Post
Quick question is there anyone else that my fiancé can go thru to get a marriage packet he's saying the chaplain is never there ��
It isn't the chaplain he needs to get the packet from. The coordinator's name is Haynes (Tim) and the request needs to go through his office.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Site Moderator

Word of advice for after your ceremony: have your husband verify with his counselor that his marriage is noted in his file a few weeks after the ceremony.

We're trying to apply for Family Visits and though we married at KVSP in March, according to his counselor there's no record of it. :/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
mrs.duarte24 (08-24-2016), Tatiana23 (08-24-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Well I want to get married with my boyfriend but he just got to north kern his in reception can he start the process there ? Any help will be truly appreciated ❤️💔😔
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 AM

How much does it cost to get married at this prison
Old 06-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCoco View Post
How much does it cost to get married at this prison
I was married here last year. Off the top of my head I want to say it was $100 for the officiant and $70 or $75 for the marriage license.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 AM

Default BC Question

Hi ladies,
I have a question, i'm gonna try calling Tim, but until I get ahold of him was wondering if you ladies knew about their BC....My hunnie's parents are not around, he doesn't have any idea of where his BC might be. I am not able to get it from the county, I have to try to have his sister or grandma go get a certified copy...my question is, is a certified copy from the County enough? It's all we got....
Old 08-23-2016, 11:04 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplgrl69 View Post
Hi ladies,
I have a question, i'm gonna try calling Tim, but until I get ahold of him was wondering if you ladies knew about their BC....My hunnie's parents are not around, he doesn't have any idea of where his BC might be. I am not able to get it from the county, I have to try to have his sister or grandma go get a certified copy...my question is, is a certified copy from the County enough? It's all we got....
A certified copy from the county is perfect. That's all a lot of people have. We had the same struggle and had to have his brother get it for us. If his sister or grandmother are able to snag one, you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
smplgrl69 (09-03-2016)
Old 01-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Happy New Year ladies. Not sure where to post this & I hope someone responds. I need help understanding the marriage process at KVSP. Sent my marriage packet 2 months ago. Tried calling the marriage coordinator to check the status, but I think she's been on vacation for 2 weeks. My honey is in ASU 2 right now, which sucks. If he's behind glass does that mean our marriage will be non contact behind glass as well? Also, his counselor told me he had out marriage packet & was going to review it. Ok. So he's had it for 2 weeks now. After he's done with it, does it go back to the marriage coordinator? Once she has it, how long before we get a date to get married? Does she tell my fiancé first, me or both of us? I need help. I'm getting anxious & impatient. After we our married does anyone know how long does it take to get a Family Visit?
Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari808 View Post
Happy New Year ladies. Not sure where to post this & I hope someone responds. I need help understanding the marriage process at KVSP. Sent my marriage packet 2 months ago. Tried calling the marriage coordinator to check the status, but I think she's been on vacation for 2 weeks. My honey is in ASU 2 right now, which sucks. If he's behind glass does that mean our marriage will be non contact behind glass as well? Also, his counselor told me he had out marriage packet & was going to review it. Ok. So he's had it for 2 weeks now. After he's done with it, does it go back to the marriage coordinator? Once she has it, how long before we get a date to get married? Does she tell my fiancé first, me or both of us? I need help. I'm getting anxious & impatient. After we our married does anyone know how long does it take to get a Family Visit?
Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks in advance.
Mine was a few years ago at this point so I'll answer to the best of my recollection. Keep in mind things change.

If his visiting status is behind glass, your wedding will be behind glass.

After the counselor approves (and I could have this wrong, but I think it's the counselor and then their supervisor or yard captain), it will go to the coordinator.

All of the timing questions are dependent on how many applications they have, if your paperwork is complete, if staff is on vacation or being switched over-- which you're experiencing now.

I know people who applied and had their answer within 6-8 weeks but ours took (don't cry) 15 months from getting the application to wedding date. So there's really no standard. But usually once you're approved you'll have your date set for 2-3 months out. They will notify the inmate and then contact you, at least that's how ours went.

As far as FV, we were told we could apply immediately following our wedding. We were notified of the decision within 4-5 weeks. As for getting a date, you'll want to ask that in this thread so you get current info.

Best of luck!
Sarianna (01-09-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 PM

Ok. Not sure if anyone is gonna read this, but I found out new information regarding Marriage Coordinator at Kern Valley State Prison. First, it's no longer Tim. When I last spoke to him, he did not mention he was leaving the position in October. I'm October they had a new marriage coordinator named Angelica. I spoke to her a few times & last time I spoke to her was 3 weeks ago. I've been trying to get ahold of her for 3weeks. I just found out she's no longer the Marriage Coordinator. When I lady spoke to her she didn't mention she was leaving the position. Now I don't know who the new coordinator is so I can find out who has my marriage packet, which is already complete. This prison is so not the business. If anyone knows who is the marriage coordinator, I need the extension, thanks in advance .
Old 01-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari808 View Post
Ok. Not sure if anyone is gonna read this, but I found out new information regarding Marriage Coordinator at Kern Valley State Prison.
This happened to us, too. Tim (whom I really appreciated working with) was the coordinator when we started, then there was an interim person and finally Tim returned and we were able to complete our marriage process with him. I'm not sure but it seems less about the person taking or leaving a position, than admin moving people around. The MC may hold a generic title and float around inside KVSP. It's extremely frustrating and definitely delayed our process. I feel for you and wish I had better advice than keep trying to make contact.

I guess I can add this: we had better luck with my husband reaching out to staff than me doing it. I was stuck leaving voicemails where his requests were all in writing.
Sarianna (01-09-2017)
Old 07-29-2019, 11:10 AM

Hello all.........
I see that its been awhile since any posts here. But does someone have the Extension for the Marriage Coordinator and not sure if it goes by Yard but for C Yard?

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:51 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady View Post
Hello all.........
I see that its been awhile since any posts here. But does someone have the Extension for the Marriage Coordinator and not sure if it goes by Yard but for C Yard?

Thank you in advance!
I don't, but it's one person for the whole facility. If you find it (or if someone else knows!), please share. It will help anyone needing to make contact.