Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

View Poll Results: Which Arkansas Prisons are Represented on PTO?
Benton Unit 2 4.44%
Boot Camp Program 3 6.67%
Cummins Unit 10 22.22%
East Arkansas Regional Unit 12 26.67%
Grimes Unit 12 26.67%
Hawkins Center for Women 2 4.44%
Jefferson County Jail & Correctional Facility 4 8.89%
Maximum Security Unit 3 6.67%
McPherson Unit 1 2.22%
Mississippi County Work Release Center 1 2.22%
North Central Unit 1 2.22%
Northwest Arkansas Work Release Center 1 2.22%
Ouachita River Unit 5 11.11%
Pine Bluff Unit 5 11.11%
Texarkana Regional Correction Cetner 1 2.22%
Tucker Unit 9 20.00%
Varner Unit 11 24.44%
Wrightsville Unit 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2003, 11:02 AM

My fiance is in Cummins unit.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2003, 03:24 PM

My husband just got sent to Varner unit. he is hopefully going to get transfered to Calico Rock which is closer to us so We can see him more often. He doesn't come up for parole till 2007. Any advice on how to deal with this temparary seperation would be wonderful. His name is Tim May.
Thanks for all prayers and best wishes
Ara
Old 11-30-2003, 01:35 PM

Has anyone's loved ones been convicted of Meth or meth labs? Please Share your information with me. I would like to compare sentancing from state to state. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Insomniac

My Jackie is in the Tucker unit...not Tucker Max--but he's been there before too.

sgp--I believe the only federal prison in Arkansas is the one at Forrest City, but I'm not totally sure.

Jenn

"When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And after all this time, you're still the one I love."~Shania Twain
Old 12-16-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Varner

My brother just got transferred to Varner. Does Anyone know much about this prison?
Old 12-16-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Hi Bunny

Bunny
my husband has been in Varner for 2 months now. Visitation is pretty easy going. But he has lots of problems with fights people will not leave him alone. Also never gets his mail I know I send.
Any thing specific I can ask him just give me a holler.
Do you know what barrack? Mine is in 9.
Ara
Old 12-19-2003, 08:39 PM

Default My brother is at Brickeys

Hi everyone,my brother is a first timer at ADC, Brickeys..he is in for aggravated robbery, he got 15 years with 5 suspended..I am wanting to know if anyone else has family inside on similar charges and how long of the 10 years will they have to serve ? I have heard so many things I really don't know what right..we went to visit him for the first time on December 6th,nothing like I expected it to be,we actually has a very nice visit,everyone was nice to us,we stayed 4 hours and sat in a big room with other inmates and families..Does anyone have fmaily at Brickeys ? we visit the 1st and 3rd Saturdays..looking forward to sharing information, thanks so much.....his_lil_sis
Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Corn Syrup

After 8 long lonely months my husband is finally on work release @ Benton
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM

my kyle was in cummins for a little while and after taking him to and from there and faulkner county jail they put him in wrightsville. he leaves there and goes to the boot camp. then he comes home in 4 months. he was sentenced five years but he is coming home very early. i can't wait to see him.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:15 PM

My husband is currently serving his time at the Regional Unit in Dermott.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:21 PM

My husband is also there. He's only been there for a couple of weeks, is that a good facility?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrap
My husband is at Delta Regional Unit in Southern Arkansas. He will be there for a few more months.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:26 AM

My brother started out at Osceola and was then transferred to Cummins. He was recently moved to Tucker Ther. Community.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Corn Syrup

Question Visation @ Different Arkansas Prisons

What is Visation like in the Arkansas Prison you'r loved one is @??
Old 02-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Corn Syrup

oppss I didn't mean to post that in here!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM

I am new! My fiancee is in Diagnostics right now. He is suppose to be headed out to Cummins. We are having a really hard time dealing with this. He is a brittle diabetic and so far it has been a nightmare. If anyone has any info about diagnostics and visitation please let me know. Or info on how to deal with all of this!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 PM

My husband is either going to be sent to pine bluff or oceola prison for manufacturing meth while on probation for the same thing. Im done with him for a husband, filed for a divorce but i still want to try to be his "friend" for support. We have 2 boys, ages 19 and 16. We have been married for almost 20 yrs. How do I cope? I have been left with all the bills, and responsibilities. I feel like im going to "loose it" sometimes. I work as an LPN at a local mental and acute drug facility and see what happens to families every day. It kills me to see that this is happening to me. Any suggestions??????
Old 04-06-2004, 08:50 PM

Yes, My husband has had "several" labs in the last few years. I have been married to him for almost 20 yrs. He is the best husband you could ever have except for his addiction. He has lied and every thing you could imagine for the last couple of years. we have 2 boys ages 19 and 16. It's hard to believe he has done this to us again. Me and our oldest son even had him busted last year just to try to help him and save his life. This time, he was working at a good job, attending N/A meetings and then, he lied about getting fired, he was fired about 2 weeks before I found out. He lied to me about everything, acted like he was going to work and then, he got busted just down from our house. It was terrible. My youngest son was comming home from riding around up town with a friend and the cops would not let them through until the car , my car, was searched and they were both patted down. He, my youngest son, was humiliated. Well, needlest to say, he (my husband) was on probation at the time and now he is in jail with a $100,000 bond. Even his dad cant bail him out , like last time. In the past, we found components of meth labs in the attice, shed, under the house and under the front porch. The smarter we got, the smarter he got. I will go through my divorce this time, stronger than ever. If any one needs to ever talk, just pm me or email me. I would love to share stories, this is only a "touch" of what me and the boys have been through.......
Old 04-27-2004, 04:57 PM

Hayes.. I'm so sorry. It sucks that he did this to you and your family. This WILL make you stronger, but it's not fun. We're here for you!!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 PM

hayes2001wr - I totally understand where you are coming from. My fiancee is in Cummins for Meth also. I have been with him off and on for 5 years. I have seen the ups and the downs. He finally got clean for the last year and a half before they finally sent him to prison. They waited 2 years before they finally charged him. He is a brittle diabetic and it has been a nightmare. I love him and am standing by him but, I don't believe I would be strong enough if he did this to me again. You hang in there and hopefully get comfort in knowing that you aren't alone. Terry has a 18 yr. old, a 16 yr. old and a 7 yr. old. "meth" is a tough battle to fight. If you need to talk at anytime feel free to PM me anytime. I have gotten lots of support from this site, and I am always here if someone needs me. I'll be praying for you.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:45 PM

my fiance' is in tucker max. has been for a L...O...N...G time!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:30 PM

My son is in SWACC at Texarkana
Anyone else have a 20 ish relative?
Old 06-09-2004, 07:55 AM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

I have a friend (my cousins ex-husband) at Quanita River unit. Does anyone on here have someone there also?I would like someone to pass on the word that I said "HI" to him. We used to write letters back and forth all the time but lost track of each other for awhile. I subscribed him a copy of the con-tact newspaper but I havent told him yet. He probably needs pen pals too. Anyways can someone pass the word for me. thanks in advance. atyler

Old 06-09-2004, 08:08 AM

I used to work at Varner and my husban is in the work release program at Pine Bluff.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:43 PM

My Best Friend Is In Wrightsville
Old 06-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Still doin' time

My husband is at the Diagonistic (sp?) Unit in Pine Bluff. We have been married only a 11 months but we have been together for 4 years. We met while he was in prison. We were fortunate enough to be able to get married while he was on a 309. The clemency board just got his app for clemency Tuesday. We have a letter of support from the victim, the sherrif and the pros. attorney!
I am new to this board so if you have any questions please ask.
I guess I need to give a little info about my husband. He was sentenced to 15 years for agg rob. He has been in for 7 years. He was 17 when he commited his crime and in the USMC. He had no priors. He had a buddy with him that only got 30 months. My husband got 15 YEARS!!!
Anyway, thanks for letting me join your board!