Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:31 AM

Default Jail to Prison

Thanks everyone for your answers to questions. I have several more questions. My man is in county at the moment court is Friday. It looks like prison time sadly for something he did not do efore we were together . Yes I know it's been said before, but I verified it . OK off my story.

Do I need to have him release his clothes to me at the jail or should we just let them go with him?

So he has been collecting stamps and envelopes at county for when at prison.
Will he have access to them in Orlando?

When will he be able to receive letters?

Does the money at county get transferred?

Does he buy a phone card in there or do I need to just put money on account and whose the phone service through and are there anyways to save on cost of calls?

Do they get any money for being in a work camp?

Thanks new to this whole thing and learning as I go
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashaandjerry2014 View Post
Thanks everyone for your answers to questions. I have several more questions. My man is in county at the moment court is Friday. It looks like prison time sadly for something he did not do efore we were together . Yes I know it's been said before, but I verified it . OK off my story.

Do I need to have him release his clothes to me at the jail or should we just let them go with him? It's been a minute since Marty went through this, but I don't think they will let him go in his clothes. It may have changed, it's only been 30 years for since Marty went through all that. Call the jail and ask.

So he has been collecting stamps and envelopes at county for when at prison.
Will he have access to them in Orlando? As long as he doesn't have more than a book of stamps, 10 envelopes and 10 blank sheets of paper. They may fudge on the paper but probably won't on stamps. Stamps are currency inside and they try to keep everything that can be used to a minimum.

When will he be able to receive letters? He can receive letters any time, its just that the mail is slow getting passed out sometimes.

Does the money at county get transferred? yes, eventually

Does he buy a phone card in there or do I need to just put money on account and whose the phone service through and are there anyways to save on cost of calls? You will need to open an account with Securus. But, he won't have phone use until his phone list is approved and sometimes that doesn't happen until he gets transferred from reception.

Do they get any money for being in a work camp? When he gets a job he will have bills to pay and if he has child support or court costs or fines/fees comes out first then he gets his money. I think I remember reading something about having to save so much for release. These details are sketchy...at best. I'd just call and ask.

Thanks new to this whole thing and learning as I go
It's no problem. But, do take some time and plunder around, especially in the 'What You Need To Know' as far as rules and regs, the Article 33s, phone lists, visitation, etc, etc, etc. Before it's over you will know a whole bunch more that you ever wandered about.

Welcome to PTO!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 02:13 AM

Thanks he's in reception now. The one thing I wish we had know is anything personal they will make them them away. My guy had to throw his shoes away. He had already released his clothes to me, but his went in the trash. And my guy had good reason for shoes with his bad ankle . So get those shoes people before they are shipped out

Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashaandjerry2014 View Post
Thanks he's in reception now. The one thing I wish we had know is anything personal they will make them them away. My guy had to throw his shoes away. He had already released his clothes to me, but his went in the trash. And my guy had good reason for shoes with his bad ankle . So get those shoes people before they are shipped out
Did you add money to his jpay account?
Did you print out your phone bill?
Did you add money to your securus account?
Did you print out the visit application?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:06 PM

All but visit form. Should I do that now? He's in Orlando now.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Are they doing visit lists in reception now or is he trying to keep up with the app until he gets shipped out?

Not too long ago reception wouldn't even accept a visit app much less approve it.

If this has changed, go for it. If it's still the same you are just giving him something to put in his locker for a while. Which is no harm in doing so, just don't expect to visit at reception.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
sashaandjerry2014 (10-31-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 11:23 PM

I'm really concerned he's yet to get any of my four letters, should I be concerned? I mailed first almost two weeks ago. I only put exactly what's allowed.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

No, hun, it may take even longer. The mail is one of the slowest things because they don't consider it a security issue. So, they get to it when they get to it. If he hasn't received any by next week you might call to very respectfully inquire of the mail room Sarg as to why a letter mailed on such a such a date hasn't been received yet.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:16 AM

I've got two already from him. One cheered me up since I was dealing with bull shit....

Sad ... I did put $ on his acct so he should know I'm still here...