Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Question Transferred to Ouachita River Prison Unit

My fiance was transferred today to Ouachita River Unit from Cummins. He has no idea why they moved him - he's thinking maybe it's because when he was in diagnostic and they were asking what skills he had he mentioned construction..he used to work on a road crew He also thinks maybe it's because he's gonna need to take a class which would make his PE date get pushed out. I have pretty much no information on this unit and it seems Charlie (my fiance) doesn't either. Does anyone have a loved one or friend at Ouachita who can shed some light on this place? He supposed to go infront of the pre-parole board next month and he's eligible for parole in september - I hope this move doesn't push his parole date to a later month!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 PM

Default Orcu

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrchic View Post
My fiance was transferred today to Ouachita River Unit from Cummins. He has no idea why they moved him - he's thinking maybe it's because when he was in diagnostic and they were asking what skills he had he mentioned construction..he used to work on a road crew He also thinks maybe it's because he's gonna need to take a class which would make his PE date get pushed out. I have pretty much no information on this unit and it seems Charlie (my fiance) doesn't either. Does anyone have a loved one or friend at Ouachita who can shed some light on this place? He supposed to go infront of the pre-parole board next month and he's eligible for parole in september - I hope this move doesn't push his parole date to a later month!
My husband is at ORCU in Malvern. He was transferred there from Grimes. It is a much better facility than Grimes, newer. Guards seem to be nicer. Visitation is more laid back. There are tables set up for families so that you can all have your own table. There are concessions to buy not just vending machines. There are also extra things that can be ordered that he can have delivered on the weekends. There will be a sheet on the table when you get there to explain everything. You are probably right about the construction, they are adding on to almost double the capacity I think, my husband also works construction. That will be a good barracks if that is in fact where he goes, they try to keep them all together so they can call them out for jobs easier. Unless who loses his class for getting into trouble it shouldn't affect his pe date. My husband is also due out in September. His parole hearing was the end of May and his plan has already been approved. Good luck and ask anything else and I'll try to answer.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM

My husband was also just transfered to ORCU, much better facility than were he came from (Brickeys) visitation is better, guards are nicer, if he has to be there i am glad he is at ORCU!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:40 AM

Default Orcu

My son was transferred there for intake. A week later it says he was transferred to ORCU N. Whats the difference is there more than one ORCU in Arkansas
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlebreeze
My son was transferred there for intake. A week later it says he was transferred to ORCU N. Whats the difference is there more than one ORCU in Arkansas
Part of ORCU is for only intake, the other part is the normal unit. They have to separate the two, but it's still the same place and everything.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:04 AM

My fiance was recently moved to the Ouachita river correctional unit and told me to see if I can find a visitation form to fill out so it can be submitted for approval already. How do I find a visitation form for that unit?