Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Deuel Vocational Institution, located in Tracy, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Closed

I hope!!! And Pray! This was the last go around!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM

Congratulations!!! How long did it take for him to get his release date?

Thanks,
Mary
Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Closed

He got arrested on 12/04/08 was in DVI by 12/05/08 and went to board I think the 17th and was given his release date by the 29th I think!!

Thank you!! I am super excited!! I can't wait to have him home and in my arms!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Hey girly will my man wll be realesed on the 19th so let me tell you waht they told me! Ok....so i called and they said that they don't know when what time they relase that inmate at the time!So they only know two hours before they are relesed! Ok so all the hynas out there the extentention is 5707 so when you call the prison you put the extison the day your man is gonna get out! The times are 8-10am then 6-9pm! good luck!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
In love with my husband

Exclamation Inmate Release Procedure @ DVI

ok, my hubby gets out in 2 weeks and 4 days and i need to know from someones personal experiance, (not a link to a forum,) what i can expect when i go to get him... Can i bring my camera? can i get out of my car to greet him? what time do i need to be there? do i need to check in? and any other info that you have would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE NOTE I WOULD LIKE PERSONAL EXPERIANCE, THE LINKS DONT GIVE ME ENOUGH INFO AND THE PRISON WONT TELL ME ANYTHING... thank you

Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Counting the days down

Default The pick up

The last time he got violated he was released from DVI. I got there at the time he told me too. (Sorry I can't remember exactly what time it was) I parked and walked to the main building. (I never got a chance to visit him so I was totally lost.) I checked in with the person behind that glass and told them who I was there to pick up. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IN AND VERIFY THAT HE IS TO BE RELEASED THAT DAY. There was a lady there to pick someone up and he was not to be released that day. She waited for 30 minutes for nothing. Anyway you will wait about an hour and then the person behind the glass will tell you to go get your car and pull it into one of the spots in front of the building you are in. A van will come around with all the men being released that day. The ones getting picked up by someone will get out the van and get into the car of who ever is picking them up. The rest go to the bus stop in the van. Oh and the person behind the glass will tell you NOT TO GET OUT OF YOUR CAR WHEN THEY COME OUT.

I know not what you dreamed about huh. It wasn't what I dreamed either but at least he was out. Basically we drove down the street and then I jumped out of the car to hug and kiss him the way that I wanted to. It was quick because he wanted to get as far away from that place as he could. Bring the camera you can always take pictures down the street. I am sure that he is not gonna want any in front of DVI anyway.

I wish it was more romantic but we made up for that later when we got to the room.

Good luck and I hope this helps. If you have any more questions just ask.
Cat
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycat For This Useful Post:
edsbaby (03-12-2009)
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 AM

Exclamation Release questions at DVI?

hi everyone i got a question my cuzins being released today at DVI n tracy and no ones able to pick him up and i got a couple questions

1.what time are they released?
2. where they go if they dont have a ride.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Mother Of Civilization
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2short View Post
hi everyone i got a question my cuzins being released today at DVI n tracy and no ones able to pick him up and i got a couple questions

1.what time are they released?
2. where they go if they dont have a ride.
You may want to call up there and find out.

Mr & Mrs Tillmon

Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 AM

on here it sayz somethin bout grey hound and between 8am-10am n then later at 5pm-10pm n am like uhhhhhhhhhh i need to kno n i duno wat i say when i cal up there u know
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Do i need a form to send dressouts??

Hi, Everyone! I'm a little frustrated , my nephew is being released from DVI in a week and a half and I've had his dressout package RETURNED to me TWICE!!! I've talked with the officers and they said no form was required, just his name, cdc#, housing number and release date on the box, with DRESSOUTS written all over the box as well. NOW...when I call the officers, they don't know, maybe a form is needed??? (WTF!) They told me to call tomorrow morning and speak with the morning officer.

Does anyone have any information that can help? If a form is needed, what information is required on the form??? Does my nephew have to sign it? Does anyone have a copy of the form? Please, any information will help. I'm worried its going to be too late to send his clothes in!!

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Missin my baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl View Post
Hi, Everyone! I'm a little frustrated , my nephew is being released from DVI in a week and a half and I've had his dressout package RETURNED to me TWICE!!! I've talked with the officers and they said no form was required, just his name, cdc#, housing number and release date on the box, with DRESSOUTS written all over the box as well. NOW...when I call the officers, they don't know, maybe a form is needed??? (WTF!) They told me to call tomorrow morning and speak with the morning officer.

Does anyone have any information that can help? If a form is needed, what information is required on the form??? Does my nephew have to sign it? Does anyone have a copy of the form? Please, any information will help. I'm worried its going to be too late to send his clothes in!!

Thanks!

Yes, A form is required, The inmate needs to send it to you. I'm pretty sure he will be released in a paper suit or they can release him in sweats and a shirt but he has to pay out of his gate money.

The Following User Says Thank You to daniela_rae For This Useful Post:
RCgirl (08-10-2009)
Old 08-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Thanks for your help Daniela! I finally got a chance to talk to the morning officer (really nice guy). It was a little frustrating the afternoon officers didn't know the procedures.... I mentioned it to the morning officer, so hopefully they'll be informed. What a mess!! My nephew dropped a form in the mail so HOPEFULLY i'll be able to send the package on time.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 AM

Default Release information

My son will be release next week and can anyone please let me know what time we are allowed on prison grounds to pick up my son??? Thank you for your help.!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:11 PM
ahhh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by share bear View Post
My son will be release next week and can anyone please let me know what time we are allowed on prison grounds to pick up my son??? Thank you for your help.!!!!

i just talked to a deputy about that yesterday. he said inmates with rides can released as early as 8:30 in the morning. you will want to inform the prison that he does have a ride.. cause usually they get pulled from their cells at 3-4 in the morning. my hubby said to be there between 7:30 and 8 and let some1 know your there to pick up your son. but you can always call and double check, as i've heard a few different ways it kinda goes down on release day..
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 PM

Default thank you

Thank you for your reply truly!!!! I will be there for sure by 7:30 to be safe thanks again!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:20 PM
ahhh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by share bear View Post
Thank you for your reply truly!!!! I will be there for sure by 7:30 to be safe thanks again!!!!

your very welcome.
congrats on his release. how exciting. i cant wait till i get to drive up there, not to visit, but to pick up! =] have a great weekend.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
ahhh here we go again.

so this form that the inmates have to sign and send, in order for them to recieve there dressouts....does the form have to be sent back with the clothes? and wats the latest you can send dressouts. its finnally that time! =] he gets out 3rd week in april, but dummy hasn't sent the slip yet, as i sent his dressouts and they got returned! ugh
Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missez Duncan View Post
so this form that the inmates have to sign and send, in order for them to recieve there dressouts....does the form have to be sent back with the clothes? and wats the latest you can send dressouts. its finnally that time! =] he gets out 3rd week in april, but dummy hasn't sent the slip yet, as i sent his dressouts and they got returned! ugh
Dressouts can't be sent any sooner than 30 days prior to release which is probably why they were returned.

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
Missez Duncan (02-24-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
ahhh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Dressouts can't be sent any sooner than 30 days prior to release which is probably why they were returned.
oh.. that makes sense.. but wat about the slip? does that have to be sent with the dressouts? i mean how important is that slip?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missez Duncan View Post
oh.. that makes sense.. but wat about the slip? does that have to be sent with the dressouts? i mean how important is that slip?

I haven't had the pleasure of sending dressouts so I'm not sure. Sorry sweetie.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,479 Times in 3,267 Posts

Are there instructions on the slip? The one I have for CIM states it must be attatched to the outside of the box. Also the dress outs can't be received not less than 10 days before the release date.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
ahhh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by light at end View Post
Are there instructions on the slip? The one I have for CIM states it must be attatched to the outside of the box. Also the dress outs can't be received not less than 10 days before the release date.
i dont know.. my hubby didnt send the slip yet. i sent the dressouts not knowin it had to be within 30 days and that i needed that slip.. so they sent them back. ill jus ask him when i visit.. (thanks for the info though =]
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,479 Times in 3,267 Posts

Once you get the slip it should tell you everything that you need to know.
Congrats.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
ahhh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by light at end View Post
once you get the slip it should tell you everything that you need to know.
Congrats.
thank you =]
Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Thanked 1,355 Times in 780 Posts
Default How are they COPing Parolees at DVI?

How are they COPing Parolees at DVI?

He has been there for 10 business days should have probable cause hearing next week-if they COP will he be able to notify me to pick him up? What about Dress outs will they release him in paper? His clothes were not shipped with him. DVI will tell me nothing.. What is the proceedure, will he have enough notice to inform me by mail? Need to know from someone familiar with DVI
Closed Thread