Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 09-04-2018, 07:26 AM
MrsTigerM

No. He is located in another state. Yes, you can still be married by proxy in Kansas and it is a legal marriage across the usa and territories...as well as nationwide.
Our day is September 27th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflwrs View Post
Thanks for coming here and sharing.
Question? You can do a proxy marriage in Kansas? Is that were he us located?
I thought Montana was the only place. Please share.

I'm glad you shared. Hopefully you won't feel isolated and this site will bring you strength!!

officer at his institution. We hated each other at first due to a messy inmate who lied & told him I though he was looking @ me while he was doing something inappropriate. Smh. Just a few wks later, we started being cordial after I asked him if he was ok b/c he was looking down & it was hitting me in my gut for some reason.
I made the *mistake of calling him one day & we have been joined at the hip since. I lost my job as of the beginning of Aug. due to a Sgt who had a crush on him flat out writing a false write up on me, but its for the best since we found out July 3 that Im pregnant. I don't regret one moment of this journey or our choices. It has changed my life. I am flying to Kansas in 3 weeks so we can get married by proxy, even though as long as he is at that prison, he will never be allowed visits with me.
[/quote]
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthebarber95 View Post
So i met this guy on writeaprisoner.com around a month ago, we began as penpals, but its moved very quickly.
We haven't made anything official as of yet, but we both know we want to be together, we both agreed its like knowing each other for our entire lives. We email everyday and he calls everyday, we're talking about arranging a visit for a couple of months, I'm falling so hard, and so quickly too, I'm scared honestly, this is so new to me! He's got 4 years left of his sentence but is currently appealing. I've never fell this hard for an almost stranger, he's my best friend and i couldn't imagine not having him in my life anymore. I get butterflies everytime i think of him, i could really use some advice on whether to follow my heart?
This is my exact situation! I was undecided on writing him for a few days and then just went for it. After a few emails, we were both surprised how much we have in common! Im going on a trip to visit family where he happens to be located and I put in for a visit! He gets out in May, but he plans on visiting me when he can and still wants me to be in his life once he gets out. I look forward to his calls and emails! I say go for it! Its a good feeling to know someone else is in my position!
The Following User Says Thank You to xoxoaem For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-17-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 12:09 AM
HairIsLife

Hello everyone!

I met my loved one on a dating site called "Tagged". I actually created the account years ago, but hadn't used it actively since 2012. I had been in a long term relationship that ended horribly in Feb of 2016, so I decided to reestablish my account to keep my wheels primed & myself from being lonely or bored. I know I should've taken some time for myself, but the relationship ended so abruptly that I couldn't sleep, couldnt eat...couldn't function because I was having a hard time adjusting. After about a year of meeting losers & more Narcopaths like my ex, I decided to stop getting on Tagged anymore & focus on my healing. However, a few months before, I got an inbox from my inmate (his pseudo profile) asking to exchange info. We chatted on there for about a week or so before I actually gave him my number. He told me he was in prison & I assured him that I wasnt checkin for him like that. "I dont want to see a bird in a cage" were my words to him. I dont think he knew exactly how to come at me, but he was consistent & running game for another week until he gave up.

I want to say I hadn't heard from him since before Christmas of 2017, but I really cant pinpoint a date. Anyway, this past June he reached out to me again, but this time he didnt give up! He was kind & attentive, just like he was before, but he wasnt trying to charm me like he was at 1st. I could tell he was being more genuine this time around. We would email each other all day long. He made sure to text me in the mornings & at night before lockdown. He told me he was in love with me & of course I didnt believe him, but he told me it didnt matter if I didnt love him back because he was patient. Told me to take my time & that he would help me move past my previous pains.

I can honestly say that I dont know any man who talks to me and communicates with me the way he does. I want to blame it on the fact that he's in there, but I think we just understand one another! We laugh, we are vulnerable, we can disagree without it turning into a yelling match. He always asks how my day was & how I'm feeling. He's consistent!! There is no wavering in his behavior. After dealing with a sociopath, u tend to look for the patterns in people. U notice them better!

I dont know what the future holds for us because after the journey I've had in love, I'm a cynic, but he's positive about us so that keeps me hopeful! His hugs & kisses always feel genuine, his concern is deeply felt. I dont know, he's something like a unicorn! LOL
I do know that if things dont work out between us, I would never consider dealing with someone else while they're in prison. Not even as a pen pal because feelings and emotions...
Old 10-16-2018, 12:27 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,767 Times in 1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4MrCraig View Post
Hello everyone!

I met my loved one on a dating site called "Tagged". I actually created the account years ago, but hadn't used it actively since 2012. I had been in a long term relationship that ended horribly in Feb of 2016, so I decided to reestablish my account to keep my wheels primed & myself from being lonely or bored. I know I should've taken some time for myself, but the relationship ended so abruptly that I couldn't sleep, couldnt eat...couldn't function because I was having a hard time adjusting. After about a year of meeting losers & more Narcopaths like my ex, I decided to stop getting on Tagged anymore & focus on my healing. However, a few months before, I got an inbox from my inmate (his pseudo profile) asking to exchange info. We chatted on there for about a week or so before I actually gave him my number. He told me he was in prison & I assured him that I wasnt checkin for him like that. "I dont want to see a bird in a cage" were my words to him. I dont think he knew exactly how to come at me, but he was consistent & running game for another week until he gave up.

I want to say I hadn't heard from him since before Christmas of 2017, but I really cant pinpoint a date. Anyway, this past June he reached out to me again, but this time he didnt give up! He was kind & attentive, just like he was before, but he wasnt trying to charm me like he was at 1st. I could tell he was being more genuine this time around. We would email each other all day long. He made sure to text me in the mornings & at night before lockdown. He told me he was in love with me & of course I didnt believe him, but he told me it didnt matter if I didnt love him back because he was patient. Told me to take my time & that he would help me move past my previous pains.

I can honestly say that I dont know any man who talks to me and communicates with me the way he does. I want to blame it on the fact that he's in there, but I think we just understand one another! We laugh, we are vulnerable, we can disagree without it turning into a yelling match. He always asks how my day was & how I'm feeling. He's consistent!! There is no wavering in his behavior. After dealing with a sociopath, u tend to look for the patterns in people. U notice them better!

I dont know what the future holds for us because after the journey I've had in love, I'm a cynic, but he's positive about us so that keeps me hopeful! His hugs & kisses always feel genuine, his concern is deeply felt. I dont know, he's something like a unicorn! LOL

I do know that if things dont work out between us, I would never consider dealing with someone else while they're in prison. Not even as a pen pal because feelings and emotions...

I hope it works out for you but just one question: how can he „chat“ and „text“? Isn’t that a major red flag for you?
No inmate anywhere has access to the internet and is allowed do use cellphones. They are considered contraband and they can get in huge trouble for that...

Last edited by MizzyMuffling; 10-16-2018 at 01:17 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
celticgirl (11-01-2018), Here4MrCraig (10-16-2018), tabbycat007 (11-10-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 07:53 AM
Stevengirl

Hi, I ney him on writeaprisoner. Steven is in sterling facility prison in Colorado. We met 11/2017. So now we are planning to see each other. I'm from Scottsdale az, we talk on the phone every day, he is in max but will be moved to I think it's called csp or something like that lol, well we fell in love, never that that would happen, i just wanted to be friends but he wanted more,lol, today is his birthday
Old 10-16-2018, 11:36 AM
HairIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
I hope it works out for you but just one question: how can he „chat“ and „text“? Isn’t that a major red flag for you?
No inmate anywhere has access to the internet and is allowed do use cellphones. They are considered contraband and they can get in huge trouble for that...
Well, the fact that we met on Tagged is because someone else created a profile & manages it for him, which explains why he disappeared from my inbox. It wasnt really him I was talking to. He has prison penpal sites, but we didnt meet that way. We email each other everyday & he has a phone number he uses to text, so in terms of the words "chat" or "text" theres still a database he has to go through. Its not contraband because hes not using a phone. Theres a prison communication system called Corrlinks that we email through. Im not sure what program he uses to text me

Last edited by Here4MrCraig; 10-16-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2018, 08:29 PM

I had never had anything to do with prisons or inmates, until earlier this year, an acquaintance of mine got locked up here in Australia for 12 months for a white collar crime. I decided to support him partly because he's a foreigner (he came to Aus to commit the crime) and knows barely anybody in this country and partly because I was fascinated by the whole prison thing and thought it would be interesting to find out more about it. Well, supporting him thru his sentence led me to writeaprisoner.com and I now email no less than 6 inmates in various states of the USA as well as 2 Aussie guys my friend asked me to write to that he met inside. I really love getting to know them and I email 3 of them on a daily basis. I certainly never planned or expected to fall for any of them, though, but now I find myself thinking about DJ in KY almost all day, every day! He tells me he feels the same. He was locked up at a young age 13 years ago, but is due out in less than 18 months, and now I'm finding myself supporting him in every way possible from making sure he has winter clothes and other things he needs in there, an email every day, birthday cards and such and a letter of support to the KY parole board. I'm trying not to have too many expectations, but honestly, no guy I've ever been with in the outside world has ever been as sweet or respectful towards me as DJ has! or as communicative about his feelings! Although it sounds crazy to some of my friends, I'm completely smitten! I'm not really sure what's going to happen when he gets out in early 2020, but any potential relationship aside, my main goal is to ensure he has a job and a home to come out to and that he NEVER sees the inside of a CF ever again!

Thank you all for being here and sharing your stories, because so many in the outside world just don't get it! I am currently writing a book, that will, hopefully start to change some of those closed minds...
The Following User Says Thank You to tabbycat007 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,341 Times in 11,848 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and thanks for sharing your story. Will he be allowed to remain in Australia? In the US he probably wouldn't be able to stay after release.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk and thanks for sharing your story. Will he be allowed to remain in Australia? In the US he probably wouldn't be able to stay after release.
Not sure if you're asking about my foreign friend who is from Asia or the guy that I am really into in KY?

My friend will likely get deported on release, which is fine for both of us. We are just friends. He owns businesses over there and it will give me an excuse to visit him in Singapore! :-)

As for Gorgeous Guy in KY, who I met on writeaprisoner.com, I'm really over living in Aus anyway and I'm going to expand my business to the USA and Canada next year and plan to be based over there! I guess my US office is going to be based in Kentucky! LOL! Not a place I would have thought of going, but it's fine with me! I have no idea how long parole normally is, but I'll support him however long it is.

He's never been out of the USA, but he's keen to travel and I can't wait to show him the world once his parole is over! :-D

Last edited by tabbycat007; 11-09-2018 at 03:09 AM..
fbopnomore (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 04:15 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,341 Times in 11,848 Posts

I was thinking about your Australian friend.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat007 View Post
Not sure if you're asking about my foreign friend who is from Asia or the guy that I am really into in KY?

My friend will likely get deported on release, which is fine for both of us. We are just friends. He owns businesses over there and it will give me an excuse to visit him in Singapore! :-)

As for Gorgeous Guy in KY, who I met on writeaprisoner.com, I'm really over living in Aus anyway and I'm going to expand my business to the USA and Canada next year and plan to be based over there! I guess my US office is going to be based in Kentucky! LOL! Not a place I would have thought of going, but it's fine with me! I have no idea how long parole normally is, but I'll support him however long it is.

He's never been out of the USA, but he's keen to travel and I can't wait to show him the world once his parole is over! :-D
That's so awesome about KY guy. I never intended to fall for someone in prison. It just kinda....happened.
If you need employees for your business in the States.....I'm willing and able ...... hahahahahaha
I'm trying to move to the US from Ireland but I have to have a green card so will need a sponsor. Bloody IRELAND!! Half of America is Irish.....you'd think they'd just give us dual citizenship hahaha.
Anyway very best of luck with your lucky guy. Sounds like you have it bad :-p
The Following User Says Thank You to littledarkone For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-09-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I was thinking about your Australian friend.
Apparently, if they are sentenced to 12 months or less, there is a chance they can stay, so at the original sentence of 15-27 months, minus 3 at recent appeal, he's sitting on exactly 12 months minimum sentence, but given he came here specifically to launder money, I doubt very much he will be able to stay. He doesn't mind either way. :-)
fbopnomore (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
That's so awesome about KY guy. I never intended to fall for someone in prison. It just kinda....happened.
If you need employees for your business in the States.....I'm willing and able ...... hahahahahaha
I'm trying to move to the US from Ireland but I have to have a green card so will need a sponsor. Bloody IRELAND!! Half of America is Irish.....you'd think they'd just give us dual citizenship hahaha.
Anyway very best of luck with your lucky guy. Sounds like you have it bad :-p
Ha! Yeah, I'm not sure it was really part of the plan for any of us..? but I have zero complaints right now! :-D
Sure! Can't promise anything now, but stay in touch! You never know in this big, crazy world! ;-)

Have you entered the green card lottery? It's a real thing, you know? I know a guy who won it!
littledarkone (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat007 View Post
Ha! Yeah, I'm not sure it was really part of the plan for any of us..? but I have zero complaints right now! :-D
Sure! Can't promise anything now, but stay in touch! You never know in this big, crazy world! ;-)

Have you entered the green card lottery? It's a real thing, you know? I know a guy who won it!
Hahaha i did as a matter of fact. Fingers crossed hey? If you're not in you can't win!!

Private message me and we can have a chat. X
Old 11-11-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthebarber95 View Post
So i met this guy on writeaprisoner.com around a month ago, we began as penpals, but its moved very quickly.
We haven't made anything official as of yet, but we both know we want to be together, we both agreed its like knowing each other for our entire lives. We email everyday and he calls everyday, we're talking about arranging a visit for a couple of months, I'm falling so hard, and so quickly too, I'm scared honestly, this is so new to me! He's got 4 years left of his sentence but is currently appealing. I've never fell this hard for an almost stranger, he's my best friend and i couldn't imagine not having him in my life anymore. I get butterflies everytime i think of him, i could really use some advice on whether to follow my heart?
DEFINITELY follow your heart!! ..but as someone else on here says in their sig, take your brains with you!! I would say take your CONSCIOUS AWARENESS with you! Above all, be kind to YOURSELF, even if that means putting out boundaries to your man from time to time. Enjoy what you have together, but DON'T take any shit! We live in a society that is driven by fear, instead of love, but fear is such an ugly place to make any decision from! Allow yourself to come from a place of love! Don't listen to society! because most of those peeps out there (ESPECIALLY the cynics!!) aren't even happy, so WTF would you follow them? Let yourself be that little girl, with all those feel-good fantasies, enjoy the crap out of snogging your pillow at night, imagining it's him instead. Go for walks in beautiful places, and imagine his hand holding yours...because, if you have the balls to believe in them, dreams REALLY DO come true!!