Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:24 PM

Can I get more information about getting married outside of Ohio? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGzz 'N StUff View Post
I learned that every Institution has a different policy. I personally think Ohio is a huge joke when it comes to try and get married, the harder they can make it the better they like it. We ended up getting married, but not in the State of Ohio. If you want any info on that PM let me know.
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2017, 05:27 PM

Default Please help richland county jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownies937 View Post
I just talked to the probation court in Richland County yesterday. They said you have to hire an attorney. The one they referred me to said his fee was $500 just to go to the prison to get a signature. Plus the $60 fee for the license itself. Idk about richland correctional but mansfield you have to provide your own minister or someone who is ordained. I found a cheaper lawyer listed on here so I'm going to call him today and see if he's cheaper. I'll post what I find out. You can go online and find out how to get someone ordained. That's the way we're going since we can only have one person as a witness. Doing it that way, we can have the person marrying us be family member and still be there. Hope this helps.
I have a question. My fiance and I are trying to get married, he is incarcerated in richland county jail, and I live in Holmes county. Do you know which county we would need a marriage license in? I have no idea what steps to take and we really would like this to happen soon. Thank you so much for your time.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:22 PM

Does anyone have any information on how to go about getting married at ross correctional? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Baranda

Default FCI Elkton

Quote:
Originally Posted by User1975 View Post
Hi all~

This is my first time on this website. I've been surfing the web looking for information and laws regarding getting married while my fiancť is in prison. We were engaged the year before he was arrested and couldn't get married before he started a 15 year sentence at Elkton FCI. We've got 5 years left.

I'm in my 30s and recently developed a severe medical condition which is hereditary. I know what this disease can/will do. We were planning on patiently waiting until he was released, but due to my medical situation, we don't think we dare wait. We're getting married because we love each other, yes. But now we need to get married immediately for legal reasons...to protect him as my spouse in case I die or become incapacitated. Likewise (God forbid), if anything happened to him while incarcerated.

I'm a legal secretary who works in the state (not Ohio) court system. Hell or high water, if there's a way to get married while he's at Elkton...I'm going to find it.

That being said, has anyone attempted to get married at Elkton? If so, can you describe what you went through?

Happy New Year and best wishes, brides!
My fiancee is at FCI Elkton and we want to get married asap. It is my understanding that both parties must be present to apply for marriage license. The court will not send anyone to the prison and the prison wont take inmates to the court to apply. My fiancee said his counselor told him no inmate has been able to get married at that facility-Elkton. It's just not possible for both people to apply in person for the license. If anyone finds a way around this please let me know.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIgMiKeSlAdY08 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has gotten married in LeCI and what the procedure is thank you
I'm getting married there soon so I have some information gathered up. First you have to call deputy warden to let her know what you want. She check to see while your on phone if you are on his approved visitors list, if so then she checks to see if he has been ticket free for 6 months, if so then she checks to see if he has lived there for 6 months, if all that checks out then she will explain to you to write her a letter telling her you want to marry your man. Then your man must send her a kite and ask to marry you! Then you find your own chaplain that is approved to come to LeCi, there is one I searched! Then you have to go to the Lebanon court house and pay for a marriage license. The Warden at LeCi is approved to take it to your man to do his part, not all wardens are approved for this so I got lucky in this one thing I can say. The chaplain is also your expense and it takes &50 dollars deposit then $120 on day of ceremony. Rings can only be plain and no more than &100 and you have to take receipt with you. Clothes, well you can wear a dress but good luck with finding one that's approved. So I will wear regular clothes. You can get married and then have a visit if you schedule it that way. Hope this helps, I'm still in the long process myself.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:49 PM

Hello, does anyone know anything about getting married at ross correctional institution. Any information would be greatly appreciated I am un sure of where to start.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:25 PM

Any information about weddings at Noble? I called the institution and they said I would have to talk to the warden about it, but he isn't in. Just trying to find out what sort of paperwork etc. I need to have.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:49 AM

Default Marriage at Noble

I got married at Lebanon. Noble is a level 2 and Lebanon is a level 3 so there may be different rules. The main thing is you need permission from the Warden. So you need to write a letter and your inmate needs a kite, botg jad to ask at Leb. Once they get that they check to see if he had any write ups he had to be ticket free for 1 year. I had to be an approved visitor. After that it was marriage license i had to go to court house in county of the prison.
You will need to find a chaplin yourself that has privlages at that facility. My Chaplin was Starla and she was wonderful. You will put deposit for them then pay rest day of your wedding. I can give you info on dress code if you need that. Hope this helps good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cshin1977 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-31-2017), skaran (01-01-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 11:50 AM

A friend of mine is wanting to get married and her guy is at Southern Ohio and they are getting the run around from everyone in the prison and in the county. Does anyone know how to start the process? She is not part of this group so she asked me to see if anyone can offer any info. Thank You
Old 01-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Baranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
A friend of mine is wanting to get married and her guy is at Southern Ohio and they are getting the run around from everyone in the prison and in the county. Does anyone know how to start the process? She is not part of this group so she asked me to see if anyone can offer any info. Thank You
The state of Ohio requires both bride and groom must be present when applying for a marriage license
Old 01-05-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
I called Noble, talked to the chaplain, he said to talk to the county heís a resident of so I called Cuyahoga and they told me I have to talk to a lawyer/commissioner who is licensed to do marriage stuff and referred me to one. Iím sure every institution had their own policies but that may be a place to start?

The lawyer then goes to see the guy in prison and do his part of the paperwork for the marriage license, then you go up and do your part and take it all to the office and thatís how itís supposed to work. It is possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to skaran For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barandaf View Post
The state of Ohio requires both bride and groom must be present when applying for a marriage license
The bride and groom do not have to both be present in Ohio to get a license if one is in prison.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Can anyone recommend an atty to use to go yo the court house to pick up paperwork and bring to Toledo Correctional? It's for Lucas County
Old 11-07-2018, 06:18 PM

My guy is in SOCF. We are waiting till he get transferred out (Dec) because they make everything so difficult at SOCF. My question is does it look better for the parole board for them to be married? I thought it did. He said it doesn't really matter. Also I am out of state. Does it make it harder to get the marriage lic? #Rashee'sGirl4life