Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Massachusetts prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & and related topics.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:59 PM

Default Piercings: Can I get into visit using clear retainers?

I have a nose piercing, I was able to order clear retainers off of Amazon.Will they allow that in a visit? I am still waiting to get approved but I want to know before I make my first visit and drive 2 hours. My boyfriend is in MCI- Shirley.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,557 Times in 11,005 Posts

If it doesn't set off a metal detector, then you can get in. I assume yours are plastic, so you should be fine.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyS92 View Post
I have a nose piercing, I was able to order clear retainers off of Amazon.Will they allow that in a visit? I am still waiting to get approved but I want to know before I make my first visit and drive 2 hours. My boyfriend is in MCI- Shirley.
So update, had my visit and the clear retainer was fine
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyS92 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:58 PM

Iím glad it worked! The fact you needed to change your nose piercing makes me feel like my boyfriend is in a day care not a jail. They are the most LAID BACK Iíve ever seen lol. I have my nose pierced as well and i had been told horror stories of visiting and what Iíd have to go thru (from people who visited other jails) regarding clothing, jewelry all that. It was nothing like i expected i just walked in , went thru the metal detector (jewelry and all) , the guard came out and used his hand metal detector thing and then i just told them who i was there for, filled out paper work and then sat in the same room to wait for him to come down. Not to mention you can see the visiting area from the waiting room lol i was so surprised!

Plus i havenít changed my nose ring since i got it pierced because Iím afraid to
Old 11-02-2018, 06:58 AM

Default Hmm...

You were able to get through with the one you got it pierced with ? If that's the case I'm not changing it again it's a pain to get it in and out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by torieoo View Post
Iím glad it worked! The fact you needed to change your nose piercing makes me feel like my boyfriend is in a day care not a jail. They are the most LAID BACK Iíve ever seen lol. I have my nose pierced as well and i had been told horror stories of visiting and what Iíd have to go thru (from people who visited other jails) regarding clothing, jewelry all that. It was nothing like i expected i just walked in , went thru the metal detector (jewelry and all) , the guard came out and used his hand metal detector thing and then i just told them who i was there for, filled out paper work and then sat in the same room to wait for him to come down. Not to mention you can see the visiting area from the waiting room lol i was so surprised!

Plus i havenít changed my nose ring since i got it pierced because Iím afraid to
Old 11-02-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyS92 View Post
You were able to get through with the one you got it pierced with ? If that's the case I'm not changing it again it's a pain to get it in and out !

I was! Iím not sure if other jails have different rules when it comes to piercings but they never told me to take any of them out. I also donít get to physically touch him , our visits are between glass and thru a phone so that might be why they never gave me a problem. Next time you go bring a plastic one with you just in case they make you take out the other one
Old 11-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

County jails are probably a lot more laid-back about (some) visiting regulations than state prisons and Feds (jails usually have no-contact visits i.e. behind glass). It also may depend on the individual facility.