Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > Mental Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mental Health Pleae use this forum for all mental health related issues dealing with the prison system.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:35 AM

Default Looking for people w/ experience at FMC Butner ie competency restoration

Hi. I hope this post is in the appropriate place. My name is Paul Piche, I am a private investigator in Portland, Oregon. I am assisting an attorney on a pending federal case that may involve a placement at FMC Butner. We are looking for former inmates/family of inmates who might be willing to provide information about what it was like there, especially if their time there was related to competency restoration. We are hoping to learn more about peoples experiences at the institution - a typical day and how a person is restored if the court has found him/her to be unable to aid and assist. We are particularly interested in any insight as to how a person with an intellectually disability would fare there. Please email me if you can help. (removed per policy; please post info in thread or pm member) Thanks, Paul

Last edited by patchouli; 09-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,329 Times in 11,844 Posts

The federal Medical Center at Butner is one of 5 prisons on the site, and mental health is one small component of the FMC, Here is a link to the 12 page Butner sticky in the federal prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...547059&page=12

Some of the posts may be pertinent to your inquiry, or at least provide leads for which members to contact.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:03 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,917 Times in 15,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The federal Medical Center at Butner is one of 5 prisons on the site, and mental health is one small component of the FMC, Here is a link to the 12 page Butner sticky in the federal prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...547059&page=12

Some of the posts may be pertinent to your inquiry, or at least provide leads for which members to contact.
May have slipped your mind, but professional members / researchers / media et al are not to send unsolicited messages to members, per PTO policy

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,329 Times in 11,844 Posts

Yes I did, oops.