Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Forums for Louisiana prison & jail facilities.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:27 AM

Default Retaliation over inmate appeal @ Angola

Hello PT peeps, my man is at Angola, and is being punished out of retaliation, all because he's filed an appeal due to the workers there opening his legal mail and not even giving it to him, on top of other violations the CO's at The Louisiana State Penitentiary are doing. Now, I am confident that out of all those 6,500 plus men incarcerated there, someone reading this has a loved one incarcerated there, and is in the same situation, or has been in the past. Speak up! Being silent about it isn't gonna make things any better. Why is this forum soooo quiet, when Louisiana is #1 incarcerating state, and in the world! The last conversation we had, he told me "Baby, if you don't hear from me in a few days, then you call up here..... If they EVER tell you I committed suicide, then they are lying. You get a lawyer & demand an autopsy. " He told me a chilling story about how an inmate who's cell was next to his nine years ago, where many CO's came into his cell and maced him down, then they put a mattress over him & beat him unconscious, then they hung him. I refuse to not do anything. I've written the Warden a letter, faxed the Secretary of State, and have been trying to find a civil rights lawyer with no luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2018, 06:23 PM
*Kairos Outside Volunteer
Donation Award 

Hey girl, hey! My friend is at Angola too and he's told me similar stories. So I don't doubt for one second that they were mistreating your man. How are things going with you now?