Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 02-14-2005, 08:41 PM

Default medical question

My husband has been taken to a hospital outside of the compound of Butner FCI low. He was taken to the hospital for a biopsy. I understand that they can not tell me where he is but I am concerned how he is doing??? He signed all the necessary paper worke so that I can talk to the doctor and counselors at the FCI but my question is; I do not know how the biopsy went? How long will he be gone? What was the outcome of the surgery? Is he okay? I was able to figure out that he was gone because I didn't get my usual call from him. I called and spoke to the doctor at the FCI, he explained the procedure (mediastinoscopy) to me and that he didn't know the policies on what I could do......I tried to call the outside doctor a week ago to get some answers about the procedure but the nurse there said I had to go through the FCI....I just don't know how many days I can go through not knowing that he is okay. I suppose no news is good news but not knowing is eating away at me and draining me. I miss him I love him so much..... I am so concerned! I hope and pray he will be okay. He has 11 months left until halfway house after a 14 year sentence. Anyone have any suggestions. Anything would be greatly appreciated! Anita
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Account Closed

Anita - I would keep after the medical staff and the counselors to give you some answers- you're his wife, for God's sake. If they won't tell you anything then ask to speak to the warden's office. How heartless can these people be? I will say a prayer for you and your husband and hope all is well with him. Hang in there girl, and keep after these people for some answers.....hugs
Old 02-14-2005, 09:05 PM

Thank you so much for responding! Thank you...I really appreciate your input. I will try to call his counselor again tomorrow. I tried today but did not get anywhere Thanks again for your hugs and prayers......Anita
Old 02-15-2005, 06:26 AM
Banned

If you can't get to speak to the counsellor, then speak to the warden's office. Like Dazzler says, you are his wife! Keep at them!!
I wish him well for you.