Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Making it work...

Default I do Not need this right now!!!!

I have absoluetely no energy and I have so much school work to do this week. I can't have caffeine- Dr's orders (although I am sneaking in ONE coke). I still have my headache for some reason. My UTI is better but the sinuses are really bad. He didn't give me anything for them, and I am reluctant to take the pain killers he percribed me. I hate pain killers. Plus they are narcotics. I have had tons of water- but it doesn't wake me up. I have fallen asleep everytime I have looked at my books. This school is crazy and you can only miss three classes (in each course) a semester. I missed Monday, felt alright this morning but I don't understand what my problem is now. I am taking tylenol and I just made myself eat- although it was difficult. This is the first thing (besides popcorn) I have eaten today: a grilled chicken sandwich. I think the fact that I have no sense of smell right now contributes to it.

My body is so tired.
how can I wake it up?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 06:53 PM

Have u tried Vitamins? They help me.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:59 PM

WOW! You sound exactly like me! I went to bed at 4:45pm yesterday and got up at 9:00am. I was late for work. I missed a class two weeks ago from not getting up at all. I slept all night, then missed work...then couldn't even make it to class at 6pm. I fell asleep at my desk yesterday and always take naps in my office. I am pregnant though, but I still don't think I should be this tired! Take some time out for yourself. Take a relaxing bath! Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep a night! Try taking vitamin B12, I started today, I heard it works! You HAVE to eat right. Your diet will help in not being so tired anymore! I'm going to keep checking your thread, I need some ideas too!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Making it work...

Thanks Phillygirl- we are in this together!

DonaldandTammy- Vitamins sound like a good idea! I might have to get some tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:29 PM

Cawillia,
Is there somewhere you can take a walk? (yes I know its freezing0but inside?) Exercising always gives me energy. WAKE UP!! You gotta get your school work done. Of course I suggest a mutli vitamin. Wal Mart brand is fine-one a day.

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Making it work...

I actually just walked to the "caf" (as we call it...corny, I know). It's about 1/4 mile each way.... I need to get vitamins...I'm just like BLAH... I have a job interview tomorrow, work to do, and I need to get off PTO.

But yes - vitamins (or bite-a-mins as my little sister used to call them) are a must

I just feel so weak! My body is dragging and heavy.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:31 PM

I know you didnt ask the question, but I have to ask.....Is there any chance you are pregnant. Some of what you describe is exactly how I felt with one of my pregnancies.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Making it work...

Thanks for caring TNC- but there's no chance I am pregnant (thank God). I actually had to go the ER two nights ago. I have a sinus infectin ( i think) and some bladder probs and I'm on an antibiotic. I'm confused about its side effects, but I am pretty sure that is what I'm experiencing.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:16 PM

I am in the same boat. I never use to have energy. I felt like a dead body walking around. 1st thing I did was get on an anti-depressent that the doctor prescribed. 2nd, I cut out all caffeine. I am allergic to sugar, so caffeine has the reverse affect on me. 3rd, I began walking every night wether I wanted to or not. Last, I went to a nutrition store and the guy who owns it use to be a doctor. He suggested taking "Royal Jelly". I thought it would just be another vitamin that didnt work, but it has seemed to help tremendiously. I am still tired at the end of the day, but I can at least get up and get thru the day. I take 2000 milligrams per day. You can buy this at any store, such as Wal-Mart, but you wont get it there in the milligram, so you will just have to take more.

Hope this works for you.