Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,331 Times in 2,894 Posts
Default OSCI shuffling of the deck chairs

Within the last week, 42 guys were kicked out of honors in one day, and I don't know how many others were kicked out within the following two days. Some of them were moved to different units with no Disciplinary Reports, and staff is being very quiet about why everyone is being shuffled around.

One of my friends got moved to the medical unit (13), and when he asked what he did wrong, he was told "nothing". Another friend there stayed in honors (unit 11), but had to move cells and has a new cellie, again with no reason given for the move.

Not sure if there were gang issues or if this was just a randomly decided shuffling of beds, but there are some pretty unhappy folks there right now.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Within the last week, 42 guys were kicked out of honors in one day, and I don't know how many others were kicked out within the following two days. Some of them were moved to different units with no Disciplinary Reports, and staff is being very quiet about why everyone is being shuffled around.

One of my friends got moved to the medical unit (13), and when he asked what he did wrong, he was told "nothing". Another friend there stayed in honors (unit 11), but had to move cells and has a new cellie, again with no reason given for the move.

Not sure if there were gang issues or if this was just a randomly decided shuffling of beds, but there are some pretty unhappy folks there right now.
It had to do with cell checks. From what I understand it was a fire marshal thing. They got a new fire marshall and he came in and did an inspection. They were given a certain amount of time to clean up the cells and fix the violations. Part of fixing that had to do with the guards doing super strict cell checks and they ended up moving a lot of people to different cells.
GingerM (02-27-2019)