Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Son to Afghanistan 11/11

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,288 Posts
Default Intake process & mail question

My son is in the intake process at the Dominguez State Jail beginning October 23rd...he was transferred from a county jail that day. I called to check on visitation this week and the lady told me that he would be classified today so I would guess he is still in the "intake process", right? My question is, I have not received a letter from him since he was moved...are they allowed to write during the process? I put money on his books thru Jpay.com last thursday...do they tell them when they have money or do they just have to wait to make store and find out that way? I just don't know if he has the stuff to write or if he is not allowed to during "intake". If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2006, 08:13 AM

Yes, they can write, but like you said, he may not have made store
yet to get envelopes, stamps. They don't tell them until they
go to the store, alot of times, an inmate will give them an envelope
with a stamp so they can send a letter home.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:43 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,178 Times in 2,585 Posts

Joshiesmom, Be sure and write him if you haven't and tell him he has money on his account. He can receive mail even though he is in intake.Good Luck! Katy

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Son to Afghanistan 11/11

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,288 Posts

Thanks so much...I did write him. Three times actually and nothing has been sent back by the facility so I know he is getting his mail. At least I hope so. Maybe someone will loan him enough materials to write at least one letter to me....that would ease my mind. Thanks so much for the help.