Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM

I used meth for a few years and it nearly took everything from me!! I had to take my life back and it proven to be harder some days than not but it's all worth it. I allowed this terrible unmersiful drug to take me places I thought I'd never go. I'm clean now going to school being mommy. I'd never change my past... for it has made me who I am today!!!!!!!!

I found this little poem in rehab a few years ago....... it's all true!!

I destroy Homes
I tear families apart
I take your children
And thats just a start
I'm more valued than diamonds
More precious than gold
The sorrow I bring
Is a sight to behold
If you need me I知 easily found
I live all around
In schools and in town
I Live with the rich
I live with the poor
I live down the road
And maybe next door
I知 made in a lab
But not like you think
I can be made under your sink
or in your child痴 closet
or even in the woods
If this scares you to death
Well it certainly should
I have many names
But, there痴 one you know best
I知 sure that you have heard it
My name is crystal Meth
You may never break free
My power is awesome
Just try me. You値l see
JUst try me once
And I might let you go
But, try me some more
And I値l own your soul
When I possess you
You値l steal and you値l lie
meth speak.
You do what you have to
Just to get high
The crimes you値l commit
For my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure
You値l feel in your arms
You値l lie to your mother
Steal from your dad
When you see their tears
You won稚 even feel sad
Just forget all your morals
and bow you were raised
I値l be your conscience
and teach you new ways
I take kids from parents
and parents from kids
I'll turn people from god
and separate friends
I'll take everything from you
Your looks and your pride
I値l always stay with you
Right by your side
You値l give up everything
Your family, your home
Your money and friends
I値l take and I値l take
Till you致e no more to give
When I知 finished with you
You値l be lucky to live
If you try me be warned
This is'nt a game
If given a chance
I値l drive you insane
I値l take control of your mind
I値l own you completely
Your soul will be mine
meth speaks
The night mares I値l give you
While your laying in bed
The voices you値l hear
From inside your head
The shakes and the and the sweats
and the visions you値l see
I want you to know
They are all gifts from me
By then it痴 to late
You値l know in your heart
That you are now mine
and we値l never part
You値l regret you tried me
They always do
But, you came to me
Not I to you
You knew this would happen
Many times you致e been told
But, you tested my power
You chose to be bold
You could have said no
and then walked away
If you could do it over
Now, what would you say
I値l be your master
You値l do as I say
Even when I tell you
To go to your grave
Now that you've meet me
What will you do
Will you try me or not
It痴 all up to you
I値l show you misery
Than words can tell
Come take my hand
AND I鱈L TAKE YOU TO HELL!!!!
LOVNGMYFAZ (03-08-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Excellent poem. I love the last line because I believe the drug to be evil - straight from Satan.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Myself I have never touched this drug but I have seen first hand what it has done to my daughter. She was a good child growing up, actually she was beautiful. Today I see her from time to time because she has become a thief and cares nothing about anyone-not even herself-she just wants the money or means to get somemore and doesn't care how she does it. She has become dirty, stringy greasy hair and she smells bad. Her teeth are almost all rotted out and she has sores like i've never sen before in my life. I'm told this is how an addict lives, I don't know. Someday soon I pray she will find her road home and I will help her everyway I can. But she has to make the first move to actually want to change and find recovery. I just love this site! I can talk from my heart about everything wrong in my life and it doesn't look or feel like I'm being judged badly. Thank you.

Last edited by burdenedwife; 12-31-2006 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: I typed fell and meant feel
Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I <3 my Federal inmate!

I've never used meth, but my boyfriend was and still is an addict, just recovering. Its just like an alcoholic, once you are, you always are. It changes your mind completely and I totally understand. I pray for you to stay clean and I know you will do fine! Its hard for Jeremy. Being in prison to me is worse than on the street. There are a bunch of people around you doing it in a very polulated but small area, instead of being on the street where you could walk away or something. I know its hard to just walk away.. so I dont mean to be negative to offend you. Keep your head up and smile. It will be okay.

I Love My Federal Inmate
Kaytee and Jeremy

Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Account Closed

Default Been clean for 7 yrs. now :)

Once your hooked it's almost imposible to stay clean. I don't associate with anyone who does drugs in any way , shape , or form. I've lost alot of people in my life to drugs and alcohol. Suicides, overdoses, liver problems. My ex ( the father of my 14yr old is currently in Federal for possesion with intent). Methamphetamine. Going to drink a protein shake now and work out. Healthy body , healthy mind......

Last edited by vallan14213; 01-03-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Posted twice accidentally
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 PM

I personally have never done meth, but know many that have and still do. Right now, a very good friend of mine is dying as a result of meth use. As a result of his meth use he developed epilepsy, and now has an inoperable brain tumor. Sad...
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 PM

I Myself Have Never Used Meth, But Like Many I Do Know People Who Did And Still Do Use It. It Is Very Very Sad What The Drug Will Do To A Person, Mentally, Physically And Emotionally.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:21 PM

my mom got me on drugs at the age 15.i am now 38 years old.three days before thanx-giving i reunited with my mom and stayed at her place got a job @ albertsons,started living the way she sould of taught me at 15.i went to the doctor and she told him i was a user for 22yrs.and he gave me prozac.it's now been 2mnths and i still have'nt used meth since.i feel so good.i think the prozac?or my mom just being a mom helped??????
Old 01-20-2007, 05:23 PM

after 22 years i did it !
Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 PM

I havent ever used meth... My boyfriend how ever was really addicted to meth and i should say still is, even though hes in prison. Its a hard thing to get away from, its the devil in a needle. I have watched my entire family fall apart from this drug.. My step dad "the man who raised me" did 4 years in prison because of it.... My boyfriend -9 years in prion. my aunt and uncle lost their kids and did a year in prison apiece... My other uncle lost almost everything he owned, never did prison he was lucky at that time and didnt get caught but just yesterday he was found dead after being clean for 3 years.... and the list goes on from my boyfriends brothers to my cousins to more aunts and uncles... ITS HELL!!!!!! and thats what kept me away from it b/c everytime i thought life was too hard and it would take it allaway i thought of how much worse it made my life losing my family......
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by korikeener
after 22 years i did it !
Congratulations! I have wondered if anti-depressants could help recovering addicts.

I know that meth messe up how your brain regulates dopamine and it seems to me an AD could help in the aftermath of that.

The pen-pal that I picked ended up being a meth addict and my stomach dropped. I hate that drug.

I wonder if he gets it or other stuff in prison? I wonder if he will get clean after over 10 years?

I like to read about success stories
Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarstruck
I noticed some of you mentioned NA/AA. I wanted to warn you that AA/NA is nothing more than a cult....and statistics show that addicts that do not go to AA/NA have just as good a recovery success as those that do, meaning it doesnt work.
A big thing that bothers me about the 12 step program is it teaches you that you are powerless and makes you group dependant.
You are not powerless... I was a heroin addict for 13 years and beat it on my own...I tried for years in AA/NA and it didnt work...
They told me I wasnt clean if I was taking methadone treatments and I listened to them and tapered off the methadone which caused me to relapse back into heroin because I was so physically sick...so their Bull almost cost me my life..
Websites deleted by Moderator

Are you still taking methadone now - is that what keeps you sober?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:52 AM

Hey, my prayers are with you!! I embraced the whole drug lifestyle until it put me in prison, Prison for me was my option other than death. I used, bought and sold like there was no tommorow, for years and some of the decisions I made 10 years ago I still pay for today. I have to realistically view any who would suggest doing it again or try to involve me with it as a solid threat to my family, their happiness and my life..I let it make me a very cold person and rob my life of every caring feeling i grew up with. If life were a rose it was like having a piece of glass between me and it..I could recognize it, but I couldn't enjoy the fragrance, I coudn't feel the softness of the petals the ridges of the leaves or the prick of the thorns. Im so blessed to be in the grace of God today. Most of the people that I knew during that time are in prison still, Dead, or have illnesses due to prolonged use. You can do it.. I believe you can!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Addiction

Well i was very addicted to Crystal meth for 4 years.. started at a very very young age and it took my life over and ruined my family.Currently i have been 2 years clean since january from all drugs.I had overdosed 2 years ago on a massive amount of meth and went into a very very bad psycosis and nearly killed myself. Was in the hospital for 2 weeks cause of it and it was a huge wake up call.I lost all my friends,my job, my home and trust with all the members in my family.Like everybody says... Meth IS the devil. It ruins lives everyday. And its so sad to see people that are so addicted to it and know you cant do anything to help them because they are the only ones that can help themselves.Since i quit ive finished school and started taking the steps and schooling to become a drug and alcohol counseller for youth.Because the thought of helping kids even a little bit, to deal with their usage and addiction is just mind blowing.But for some, it isnt counsellers and treatment centers to help them, its them realizing the have a problem or possibly even hitting rock bottom...thats what it was for me.I quit with no help at all, yes i attend NA meetings and such, but i didnt go thru treatment or anything.It was the fear of what i had been doing to my family and nearly dying that was a HUGE wake up call.But if i can help kids before they hit rock bottom that would be such an amazing thing, at least in my mind. But the thing is.. I was an addict then, and i will always be an addict even if im not using.because like the saying goes..."Once an addict, always an addict."
Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Love conquers all

I smoked meth for a couple of months back when I was a teenager. I ended up going to rehab and once I got out I never touched it again. My prayers are with you all who still struggle with "the devil" that is meth.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM

H, no way!!!!! I hate drugs, my son is in prison because of them.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Psychic Fairy

I had been a cocaine abuser for 17 years and an Alcoholic and then I found meth and I thought I found the magic cure all. I got sober of the coke and the alcohol and oh my god was I in for the ride of my life. My man is indirectly in prison because of meth and yes I still think about using every now and then because it's one of those drugs that leads you to believe that it's not really a drug because you can accomplish so much. I was a functioning addict.. well my health started to detoriate and I am a very vain woman. I have been sober for about three months and am doing well. It does get better. Once the drug is out of your system it becomes a mind trip and that's where it should pretty much end. If you are only three months into using consider yourself lucky because most who start don't make it out....
Old 03-03-2007, 05:31 AM

I use acohol to pass out. I thought that would (what ever). Now I have a boyfriend (whatever). I 'm in transistion (whatever). I like cocaine better. (WHATEVER)

Last edited by hellosquirrello; 03-03-2007 at 05:37 AM..
Old 03-29-2007, 02:58 AM

nEVER hAVE aND nEVER wILL uSE mETH oR aNYTHING eLSE.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 PM

I Don't mess with thing that can't offer me and my family a better tomorrow. things that alter your mind can't bring long term happiness. God, Love, and family can, pick one or all three your choice the sky is the limit. May the best be blessed in heaven and the rest get sober. Take good care of your happiness.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:50 PM

I have used crank(not long thank God) But Now I am stuck on methadone
Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Congrats!!

I just want to say congrats to all of you who have fought the drug war and won!!! I have never used anything besides a little pot now and again but, my husband on the other hand has been using one form or another of drugs. He chooses the "speed" and I am totally against it!! He is a totally different person while he is "speeding" and when he is coming off of it. From what I understand he is not a constant user but an on occasion user. I could be blind, who knows! But, from my end I can tell when he is using. He constantly is accusing and fighting with me over the stupidest things! It is so disheartening. I am the most faithful to him and sometimes he just can't see it. He is my life long love that I have been looking so long for and I hate to say it but if he can't kick these habits then we are not going to make it long. I have two children to think about and they hate being in the "middle". They hear and see him fighting with me and it is just not an evironment to raise children. But, on a good note, when he is not using and it seems to have cleared out of his system then he is the man I know and love so well, the man that I keep waiting for when he is using. Like I said, I am not a user so I guess you could say I am under educated when it comes to the wants and the withdrawls of these deadly drugs. I am unsure of how to help him stay off of this. Is there really anything that I can say or do? I know when he is "himself" he seems to understand how he almost ruined us. But, maybe I am just teaching him that he can fall back on his habits and when he comes back I will be here. Maybe I need to just stay gone for a period of time. Who knows? Anyhow, he is awaiting the SAFP program so maybe this will help? Maybe this will make things worse? Time will tell and I trust in GOD because my hubby was brought to me through the act of him and he has a plan for us. I just hope I can hold on long enough to get the end results I am waiting for. Once again, congrats to all of you who have kicked the habit and my best wishes to those who are still fighting the demon. Hold in there and remember who does love you... GOD and your family!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 AM

Location: indiana (where i live)kentucky (where spoce in incarcerated) USA

Meth would have killed me if I had not have gone to jail In jail the girls in my cell knew how to help with the withdraws, something i would never want to live through again. Nor do I think I could. I wan only on meth about 6 weeks, and it wreaked my life, landed me and my husband in jail. It's the devils drug of choice.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 AM

I have never touched any drugs in my life and I never will. I used to own a bar, prior to that I was never around it. Boy were my eyes opened in that place. I watched daily as peoples lives were destroyed! They lost everything, their jobs, cars, homes, children, spouses, everything. And after all that alot of them landed in jails and prisons. The worst of what I saw was the ones who also lost their lives. In such a small town this was going on! Drugs really impacted me because my ex also turned out to be a user, and in destroying his own life, he almost destroyed mine too. ALMOST because I got away from him!

Last edited by Bondsai'sGirl; 05-31-2007 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 AM

I have only had issues with alcohol. I remember when people would talk about 8 balls and such. I am so ignorant when it comes to drugs (cause I never used drugs) that I thought they were talking about pool.............lol.