Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Addiction Has No Mercy

Default Been there

Done that ... am a grateful recovering addict from 21 yrs of multiple addictions ...

My exhusband lost his life to this drug .. If you haven't read his story ... You can find it here http://www.scotty-simmons.memory.com
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2006, 02:02 PM

I used crystal meth with my hubby during his active addiction before incarceration. I do not consider myself an addict as I could take it or leave it. It's been almost 8 months since my last hit of meth via IV, which scared the crap out of me. I thought I was dying. Hubby recently admitted he was trying to 'scare' me from doing it anymore, and gave me a 1/4 gram shot at once.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 PM

Smile

I used to use crack and that was realy hard to get clean I know the urges and the dreams and the night sweats realy well, what helped me to over come these was a programe called 75 days by todd gibson you can get it from this site (web site removed please contact member for information) it works it is the only thing that I found that does work. good luck to you.
mazuk

Last edited by witchlinblue; 03-02-2006 at 11:43 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 01:30 PM

I was on Meth for a long time. My boyfriend was making it, so it was so easy to come by. Then it just kind of took over. We started having all kinds of problems, he was never home, out there doing only God knows what and with who. Then he went to jail and we worked through our problems. He's doing 18 months here for all of it and we don't know how long in Illinois. I have been clean now for 8 months and I'm so glad I quit.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Closed

Congratulations, keep it up, one day at a time !!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Love conquers all

My man and I used meth for about a month or so, and I truely believe it is the worst drug out there you can do. Not only is it totally addicting, but I have always thought it brings out the worst in people. Stay away . . . stay far, far away.
babydoll7x7 (05-26-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 AM
BrideToBe919

I tried it once but my man used to be on it real bad and it made him mean i wouldn't even talk to him if he had been awake for more than 2 days he's clean now and lookin a lot better he actually got some meat on his bones but his dad just found out he has some kind of lung disease from somkin so much meth

Old 03-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Closed

Well Im glad he cleaned up but very sad for you that he is having lung problems. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with doing meth. I hope it isnt serious.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Meth usage

It is very hard to quit after you have been using for a long time. I have been using for 30 years, and I still have problems quiting. My boyfriend is in prison for possesion of it. It was less than a quarter gram, but he is a third striker so he ended up getting 32 months. He has to do 80% of his time so he still has a little under 2 years to do. The worst part is that he was using with me, but the stuff was mine. When the police came in he had just picked it up and was scolding me for leaving it out. The cops asked whose it was, and I froze. They said that we both would be arrested if someone didnt fess up. My boyfriend then said it was his. I have never been arrested for drugs, so I would have received a program. Alot of people think he is just as guilty, because he had been to prison enough times, that he shouldnt have been around it or been using meth at all. Either way, I feel very guilty, and I miss him terribly, and its all due to meth. You would think that would be enough to make me quit huh? So, it just goes to show you just how powerful the drug is. He got clean before he went to prison. I had better get clean before he comes home.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Closed

So Shawnie, first off thank you for your post and your honesty. But I cant help myself, I need to ask, how much more do you need to happen in your life and to those you care about in order to get you to get clean ? Im not asking as someone who is ignorant to this, Ive been clean for quite sometime and I know exactly how hard it is to take that first step. He cleaned up before he went to prison, how can he come back to you if you are still using ? He wont be able to parole to you if you are still using. If you are interested and I suspect its in your mind,,,,otherwise you probably wouldnt have posted this, so if you are interested in taking that first step, pm me and I will do whatever I can to find you a list of resources that you can turn to for help. You obviously care for this man, otherwise you wouldnt feel guilt, and you are right, you need to clean up before he comes home but will you do it for yourself and not him? Anyways the offer is open, just private message me and I will do all I can to find the resources for you and you can decide from there. Please keep us posted.
p.s. I have to be honest with you, your post brought tears to my eyes, Ive been in your shoes and I know its a scarey step but please take it !!!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:08 AM
LOVE'S SO CRAZY

well i have never done it but i have sniffed coke n my love thought i would get hooked so i stoped after i used five times just cuz you use doesnt mean anything ppl like what they like n shouldnt be judged for it thatz the way i see it

As the word is truning
keep learning
am on my own now
Its just me against the world
with my baby girl
Am going 2 make it
am gonna do it
4 my little angel
with her

Theres nothing to it

Old 03-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Closed

yes people like what they like but unfortunately some, sorry, many people become addicted and as a result ruin their own lives as well as the lives of those who love them. That is not a judgement, its a fact.
p.s. Welcome to PTO Robertz wifey

Last edited by witchlinblue; 03-06-2006 at 03:14 AM..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:05 PM

I have used it 3 or 4 times. This was over 4 years ago. It was always because a guy I was with had some. Not that anyone held a gun to my head!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 AM
waiting for him

Once, at a get together, 1998, I snorted some meth. The guy I was with made sure my line was very much smaller than the rest of the people there ( he had been addicted and in prison for it, so he knew how easy it was to become hooked)
I do not think I would have done it if things had been better in my life at that time. So, yeah I tried it, we were up all night, and about 7 am i was coming downnnnnn...For weeks after that I could still "taste" it...The guy I was with told me several times after that to NEVER do that again, if i was still tasting it then next time I would get hooked for sure. I thank him for being there, because I believed him and did not ever do it again. But i can relate easily to those who have and are using...its a very addictive drug...Congrats to those who have beat this addiction!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM

I have tried it a few times but my drug of choice seemed to always be crack. Trying real hard to stay away from all of it.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Closed

You just dont stop trying to stay away!!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:53 AM

Default detox nurse

I am not an addict, but i work with addicts 5 days a week. I admit when i was a teen to trying stuff, but it never really caught on. Anyway: I have seen exactly what Meth can do to someone, People come in to the detox. program, and when they leave they are compleatly different. It's like night and day. Meth, is one of the hardest drugs to withdrawl from. The withdrawl will last weeks if not months. of hard core sickness. (depending on how much you use and how often) Due to that alot of people would rather just use than be sick for so long. Which is sad. Addiction is a disease and just like any disease it takes ALOT OF HARD WORK. to pull through, and then you still have to deal with it everyday for the rest of your life

FOR EVERYONE WHO IS CLEAN: congradulations!!! It is a hard thing to do. you should be proud of yourselves. Good luck!!

FOR EVERYONE USING STILL: Once you do decide to take the first steps to "quit" it will be hard, but you have to stay focused only on your recovery, and nothing else. And in time, you will feel better about yourself because you have accomplished a very hard task. Good luck to your attempst at getting clean, And if you relapse which happens, dont' get discourages, there is help out there and you are always welcome to it. All you ahve to do is be willing to get it.

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 10reubensfiance For This Useful Post:
tialooey (05-31-2014)
Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
mother1952

Both of my sons has used meth along with prescription drugs and several other drugs. One is in correctional facility in drug relase program in Alabama and has been
on drugs of some type for over 10 years,been in rehab,boot camp,court referral programs,in jail several times and hopefully being where he is at now maybe life will be better when he gets out. The other son 33 years started out with alchol at age 16 and many problems but he got it under control later on, got hurt on job left him disable and got addicted to every type of pain meds that he got but got real bad on oxci started going to methdone clinic to help him it did in some ways but got to expense...wife left nearly 3 years ago took up with another man this produce some problems back to drinking and drugs...we are waiting on room in rehab center in Birmingham. Got him out of jail recently drug possession,went to court with him on dui charge at another county....so I just hope one day the sun will start really shinning on my family and both of my sons will get better be able to say NO NO NO
to drugs and alchol. May God Bless All.............mother1052
Old 04-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Everyone Fave GoofBall

Now that I think about it I used crank for a year, along with cocaine, whichever I could get my hands on, that was at the time I didnt know what meth was, I am semi clean and been for about 5 years, been on and off!

I had been clean for one year and I got the nightmares and all that you speak of, good luck and if needed get counseling!

Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 AM
life changes you

I was a huge meth user. i was living with "cooks" so i had an unlimited supply. I finally made the choice to go to treatment November 12th 2004. i have been clean every since. I still have hallucinations. but i feel so much better. congrats to all who are clean.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 AM

i was on meth alot longer than i want to say i was up to 3 to 4 grams a day it would take me 4-ever to write the things that went wrong in my life but when i decided to get clean i thought i would never be the same everyday i would wonder what there was to look forward too it use to be the foil just to get a hit but i finally got over that with time but i have to tell you i can still taste it and the craving is not nearly as bad but i believe it will always be there just dont give up it takes a very strong and determined person to get off of meth its the worst drug ever hang in there
Old 04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
LI`L SIS

I Used And Abused Cocain And Meth Through Out The 80`s And Part Of The 90`s. I Somehow Never Got Addicted, Thank God! I Stopped Cold Turkey When The Physical Pain Got To Be Too Much (nose). My Brother On The Other Hand Has Been An Addict For About 20+ Years. He Has Had A Pretty Hard Go Of It, But Now That He`s Locked Up He`s Doing Great. I Hope You Have Some Kind Of Support! Stay Strong, You`re Worth The Fight!!!

Li`l Sis.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:25 PM

i had used meth approx. 1 year but now i have given up
Old 05-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Default hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove
I am a recovering meth user. I have been clean from meth for almost 3 months. The withdrawl symptoms are getting worse now then in the begining. My drug nightmares are worse. MY mental health has gotten 10 times worse than it used to be. There is no joy in this world anymore for me. Will I ever get that feeling back? I hope so. I had only been doing meth since March this year. If the after effects are so bad from just doing it that amount of time, what are the after effects after a year or more of using? These are all retorhical questions but everyones knows the answers. I was 3 months pregnant already by the time I became unselfish and realized my baby was more important then getting high. Meth is one of the worse drugs in this world. My opinion anyways. I watched my friends do it and the way they acted and treated me while I wasnt using and also realized What the hell was Wrong with me??? How could I let myself be invoved with such an addicting and deadly drug. I will tell you my experience wasnt the greatest, I watched my fiancee turn from a sweet angel to a psychotic demon just from being on it. Hearing voices that told him to do bad things, not thinking he was good enough for me. Suspicious and jealous all the time, accusing that went to far. No one is ever their self afterwards. I dont know if I will ever recover from the drug, but I do know I will NEVER touch it again and thats a promise.
Tana
I too, am a recovering meth addict. I hae been clean now for 8 years! I know its hard probably the hardest thing you can imagine ever doing right now. But believe me when I tell you IT DOES GET EASIER!!!! Hang in there. I promise it will. You can do it! I am here all the time. PM me if ya need to talk vent cry or whatever. I am here. If you do I will give you phone #'s ok.

I am proud of you for taking these first difficult steps!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:40 AM
"Nil Admirari"

Default If you haven't ....DON'T!

Its been three years since I used "METH" and I still feel the effects of it. You lose alot of your mentallity and you can't fix the damage to your mind once it's done! I know alot of people who were/are addicted to this drug and everyone of them have the same after effects. I thought I would be O.K. and my life would go back to being normal again but to make it simple I still can't keep my head straight! Those of you who have been addicted to this drug will understand. Those of you who have never done this drug please DON'T. It's not worth it! I'm crying as I type this because I know how much your life will be torn apart by this drug. I pray that I never have to worry my children will touch this drug. It scares me to think that by the time my children are teenagers that there may be something worse than "METH"!