Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 PM

I did a fair amount of speed, and that's what my honey is headed to FPC for. I didn't have such a hard time getting off of it, maybe becuase I didn't like it that much. I just did it because I would do anything to get out of my head. Drinking was my main thing. We have both been clean for nearly two years. Now listen to what I tell you, because it's true. This first part getting clean will be tough. It might even take a year. But if you stick it out, and especially if you get a support group, I go to AA, you will not BELIEVE how much better your life gets. Life is so much better today than I ever could have imagined, I can't tell you. I used drugs and alcohol, sometimes a lot and sometimes not so much, for nearly 20 years. That said, also consider seeing a doctor. Some people apparently experience chemical imbalances involving mood chemicals such as serotonin, following withdrawal from heavy meth use. I think I had that after withdrawing from heavy cocaine use when I was 19. A doctor may be able to help. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,011 Times in 7,140 Posts

I fell face first in a bag of speed at 22, stayed there a year or so, been clean 14 years now.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
babydoll7x7 (05-26-2009)
Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM

I am new here but have browsed the forums. I was in TX and 3 murders of loved ones. I never would have used drugs but I did. First it was pot then crank. My kids my boyfriend and I all did drugs. We moved to ND where I am from almost 8 months ago. We were all clean for about a month. My bf went to the bar and some guy introduced him to meth. Well to make a long story short...my bf wrote 3000.00 worth bad checks to get meth, my son was almost dead and my ex and I called an ambulance and got him commited to a state hospital to save his life. My bf is in jail for bad checks, forgery for six months. My son robbed a house and is now a ward of the state until next Sept.. My daughter was put into a rehab for 7 weeks. And I have CPS in my life for six months. All for meth. We all had drug/alchol evaluations etc. Went to court etc.. The ramifications of meth in my household has been the worst. First bf went to prison, then my son so tweaked out can't remember anything much less how to spell his name and doing the burglary and getting CPS involved because he is under age and being taken away for a year. My daughter is now home and totally clean and sober and so am I. Yes I used meth when I satyed with a friend I didn't have place to live and it was there all the time. I am not an addicted to drugs but went overboard for all the grief and pain I felt. I regret my decsions and those in my life. I stopped using meth a month and a half ago. I don't have any symptoms to overcome. Well at least I got anti-depressants and counseling to deals with my divorce, my sister/husbands murders, my now husband coming within a1/8 inch of killing our baby, my sister-in-law being killed last Jan. from my brother-in-law, and now all that has happened here in ND. My son is still alive, my bf is still alive and my daughter is on anti-depressants now also and is the happy girl who she used to be.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:41 AM

Tanna it gets better as time goes on. if you went thorough a rehab then they told you to find your higher power. God is my higher power and there is a Life Recovery Bible that has helped me through all aspects of my life. With this Bible it shows how the 12 steps aply through scripture. Pray and keep busy believe it or not it does get better. I know a few recovering Meth addicts and they have gone through the same thing.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
"MISSING MY BABY"

I Was Once Adicted To Meth For About A Year I Done The Same Thing. I Felt Like I Had Nothing To Live For. Then One Day I Looked At Myself In The Mirror And Relized What I Looked Like I Would Stay Up For Weeks At A Time. I Was Introduced To It By My Step -mother. It Came To Where I Had To Mmove Out Of My Dads House Cause I Felt Pressured Into Doing It And I Didnt Want To Be Addicted. I Quit With No Help At All. You Have To Want To Do Something. When You Have Problems In Your Life You Have To Relize That The Drugs That You Do May Take That Pain Away For Just A Little While But When You Become Sober The Pain Is Still Going To Be There. I Have Been Clean For 4 Years. I Am Also Bi-polar But Im Not Putting No Excusses On That. I Am My Own Person And I Make My Own Desissions Now.i Could Have Meth Shoved In My Face And I Refuse To Do It Cause I Know What Ive Been Through And Ive Seen Other People Go Through Worst. You Have To Tell Yourself That Things Are Going To Get Better And You Have To Relize That You Are One Day Going To Have To Face Your Problems Are You Willing To Make More For Yourself? Thats The Question You Want To Ask Yourself.

I MISS MY BABY SO MUCH. I CANT WAIT UNTILL HE CAN HOLD OUR SON.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Still waiting

Default meth

I am a crystal meth addict I recently lost my husband to a 14 year sentence for manufacturing he has been gone since June. My 4 month old son also passed away in june 5 days before my husband was convicted. Everyone told this was my wake up call and motivation to better myself..I drifted further than ever the following months, my mind tells me you have lost everything, my addiction tells me all the more reason to become comfortably numb.. This drug has taken everything I have in life and it is sad that using would even cross my mind..I have learned to use it as a way to sensor my emotions.. I will say that Im trying really hard to clean up..going on a week..i am sure there will be lots of negative comments on this that is something I deal with everyday..This drug will rob you of every last thing you own and still wont stop. I pray for the strength daily it just hard to go from having a family to having no one not even friends.. I just want all the negative affects of this drug be known..Your dancing with the devil

Last edited by KennonJ; 12-08-2005 at 09:20 PM..
Old 12-09-2005, 03:26 AM
I love you,Josh...T,T,&A!

Default I have

My problem has always been that I have a VERY addictive personality. The first time I smoked a cigarette,I smoked the whole pack...the first time I did a line of coke, I did the whole bag...and so on. I tried everything before I graduated High School. I had tried cocaine for the first time at the end of my junior year and ended up graduating at 85 lbs. ! The only good thing my then boyfriend did for me was tell me that he was going to beat the shit out of me if I kept doing it. I stopped and went to a whopping 150 lbs. in just 3 years. That's pretty big for my frame...but at least I wasn't all messed up. I did things on coke that I thought I would NEVER do! I cheated on my guy, I lied constantly, I always tried to get in fights, had a gun pulled on me, and got my car severely kicked in by random guys. I was even sexually assaulted during that time b/c when you're around all those people...there are always some really screwed up ones there, too. In the 4 years after I finally kicked it (or so I thought) I did it maybe 5 times! I started working at bars a year ago and BAM...there it was again. I started doing it once a week...and that turned into at least a "20" a night. That was nothing compared to the 8-ball I did everyday in high school...but it was getting pretty bad. I've always found that I turn to it when I'm severely upset or depressed b/c it's "the only drug that I cant cry on." Well that's not true. Since Josh got locked up (two months ago) I have found myself going back to my old ways. It sickens me that I'm doing this shit again. To be honest...I'm doing right now. Josh HATES that I do it. He did a little with me every now and then when he was out...but this is getting rediculous. I told him to threaten me to make it stop and he told me that he'll stop calling. It worked but then he got transferred from County to TDCJ 3 days ago and I went straight for it. Coke and Meth are extremely hard for me to say "no" to. As far as meth goes...I tried it the first time I saw it...like I did everything else. That's the worst! I stay up for at least a day when I do it and I find myself burning my fingers trying to get "it all." Now I just don't have any contact with people who do meth, cuz I know that I'm not strong enough to not do it with them. It's hard to detox...I know it is. But when I stopped doing coke...I felt SOOO much better and it made me a better person. My advice? Sever ALL ties with people who do meth or any drugs that you aren't strong enough to say "no" to right now. Just to give you an example as to what that shit can do to your body...My friend has been doing meth for 1-2 years and now he has lung cancer...he's only 21. After I quit coke, I had already had my heart stop 3 times, I now have a perm. heart condition, and I had to have dental work. Stay away from it.

#80 Loving My Inmate Club
Old 12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Closed

Im certainly not going to post anything negative to your post, or I at least hope it wont be. I really admire the fact that you are aware that you have hit rock bottom and that your posting is in a way trying to better yourself and add strength to what you have accomplished. One week is a big thing, Im hoping it is now one week and one day.
I am very sad for all you have lost and I understand how hard that can be, but you can start your life over again, it is possible. I am one who has done that and there are many of us who have.
With your permission, I would like to move this post over to the addiction forum, or I would like to invite you to post there.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202
I'm also staff there and there are two other staff members with a lot of experience in providing support and we will help you find resources in your area. We also have many people in your shoes as well as those that have made it and continue to each day. Big hugs and prayers, there is help, and Im glad you are reaching out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennonJ
I am a crystal meth addict I recently lost my husband to a 14 year sentence for manufacturing he has been gone since June. My 4 month old son also passed away in june 5 days before my husband was convicted. Everyone told this was my wake up call and motivation to better myself..I drifted further than ever the following months, my mind tells me you have lost everything, my addiction tells me all the more reason to become comfortably numb.. This drug has taken everything I have in life and it is sad that using would even cross my mind..I have learned to use it as a way to sensor my emotions.. I will say that Im trying really hard to clean up..going on a week..i am sure there will be lots of negative comments on this that is something I deal with everyday..This drug will rob you of every last thing you own and still wont stop. I pray for the strength daily it just hard to go from having a family to having no one not even friends.. I just want all the negative affects of this drug be known..Your dancing with the devil
Old 12-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Closed

Sorry I have the flu right now and I see you are already posted in the addiction forum. Im very glad to see that. My head is not thinking straight and I had so many windows open. my big sorries for the confusion.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:47 AM

I thought I was losing my ever-loving mind!!

Old 12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Closed

Trust me Im trying to post on here and Im so sick right now and I realize that I have to double check everything after that mess up. Im going to go lie back down soon. Sorry Sunnie and others, no you have not lost your mind.
In my silly defense the member I was posting to had posted in two forums and I had both open and answered the wrong one, though I still would have had it wrong. Anyways, I will shut up now...I knew you would catch that Sunnie,,lol.
I will let us all get back on topic now.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:12 AM
michael's gurl

i used for years.... it does get better you just have to keep the faith!!!! you can do it stay strong go to NA, surrond yourself with people who love and respect you, and those fools who use do not love and respect you. its hard but you will make it through, i am now just shy of a year clean and i couldn't be better, the trick don't pick up and use, DO NOT pick up and use, no matter how hard life is and bad your craving it the worst possible thing that you could do is use because you will be right back were you started when you quit. you can do it, pm me if you need to chat or whatever. you are in my thoughts and prayers
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
he's now a weasel for me

Cool Just Cant Kick It...i Wanna

I too am an addict trying to clean up off the evildoings of meth. My husband is serving another term because of it as well. The longest I have managed without is only 5 days and i think thats mainly because i was asleep and/or broke. I have confided with my husband and told him i keep relapsing and he cant believe i cant just walk away from it and never look back because of the situation it has put us in with us being separated. He said I've got till he gets out in 10 months to clean up my act...I seriously want to do this. .. I have started going to church with his mother and find myself "tweaking" out on reading the Bible but I dont think thats kinda what they had in mind when they said seek help from God. Its just really hard because I relocated to another county to be closer to him and his family before we were married and dont know not a 1 single person who doesnt use. I answered an ad in the paper to rent the room i'm currently in and moved into a beautiful half million dollar home...only to find out that 2 of ther other occupants do it themselves...its an epidemic out here and i cant seem to get away or have the financial means to get away and go somewhere else. I had a pretty bad problem with meth and every other drug under the sun but realised my only chance at making it in this world was to up and leave. so at 4am with $90 i threw what i could in the truck of my roomies car and said hey since you're up, on drugs too of course, could ya drive me to...say...texas...so from california to texas i went...worked out perfectly for my sobriety. I ended up staying there for 10 years before i returned back to california. I was doing fine here and not using till a few months before my husband was paroled last may for a previous term and havent totally cleaned up 100% since... not too mention to make matters worse i have a pending DUI case with a BAC of .27 and along with that a charge for that darn drug i cant seem to quit....so somethin's gotta give here and i truly honestly know that this is the season for change and boy i need to before there aint nothing left of me... i've lost a tremendous amount of weight also, size 13 to size 0-3 in 6 months...and i think what keeps me running back is the fact my husband keeps expressing the fact that he absolutely LOVES me skinny like this...so theres my lame excuse for continuing to destroy my body...if any one has any suggestions i'm a really good listener when im not spun out.... my husband and I have high expectations when he's released to be that upper-middle class family, with 2.5 kids and dog, the fence, the whole 9 yards...basically his parents our role models for us which is a shame that he ended up the way he did.... so people can stop blaming drug addictions on your living conditions as a kid, or religious fellowships, with 2 loving parents in a virtually crime-free neighborhood, basically the only crime was by my husbands doing it seems., but all that is a crock. I am a drug addict plain and simple and need help desperately... well not that desperately but something that will work would be great....thanks for letting me "go off" on a tangent but Im ready to end this... i hope.
Brians #1 PPRP princess...who's hanging on by a thread and ready to suffer :fb: a complete meltdown in the near future...just glad i aint the only one!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:13 PM

I have been clean for 12 years now since the day I found out I was PG with my son. I do live in the meth capital of the world(riverside ca) I had to leave my childrens father had no place to live all while clean and sobor I thought shit while I was using at least I had a place to live but I had to think of my kids. Know I am married 5 years to a man who has NEVER touched any drugs EVER! (thats one of the reasons i married him) I do see the biological father of my children every once and a while riding his bike tweeked out still! Then I say a prayer that my son is my saving grace without him I might be dead and I am so blessed with the life I have so hang in there each day is what it is and live it one day at a time remember only you can help you and no one else!!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Closed

Well if you are truly ready to end the downward spiral, have you considered dropping everything and checking into detox/rehab ?
Being skinny is no excuse to kill yourself with drugs. Im not trying to be mean and I could tell you think its a lame excuse anyway. You do know there are no sizes below zero ?
When it comes down to the line, it doesnt matter what your husband dreams of for the future, or if you are skinny or not. You dont have a future if you keep doing what you are doing. What matters is you and your life right now, not his hopes and dreams. Im sure you have thought about where you will be in 10 months when he is released. If you stay on the track your on you will destroy not only yourself but him too if he sticks by you. You cant just convince yourself you will quit on the day he is released or something like that either, that will not work.
You need to do something for yourself and do it right now.
Please keep us posted and you will be in my prayers.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:45 AM

My son is doing prison time because of meth entering his life....and in my little town....there have been three child deaths related to their parents use of meth, just within the last year . The three individual deaths were all beaten to death....just a real sad thing.....real sad....
when you search for Me with all your heart, I will be found by you, says
the Lord..." Jer. 29:11-14a
Old 12-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Rev. Bogeart

I used for about a year, and PRAISE GOD!! I have been clean for 16 months. If you are really serious about staying clean, you can do it. As for me I looked up for my strength and took some classes and now am a happily ordained minister, go figure. Thru God all things are possible. Good luck and God Bless.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:19 PM

Stay strong, you can do this. I tried meth a few times but it made me really sick. My brother and sister-in-law were both hooked on it. I saw the way it changed them. Meth is a very scarey drug. I used to smoke pot all the time so I kind of understand what it's like to live each day with out it. I know that meth is soooo much worse than pot but just remember that it isn't worth it. You don't want to lose your whole life because of this. My sister-in-law lost here daughter to CPS because of her addiction. They have both been clean for about a year now and she finally got her daughter back. If you are having a hard time feel free to pm me. I'll pray for you. God Bless You!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:40 AM

Default Staying Clean

I have stayed clean for about 16 months now from everything including alcohol. Addiction is a disease. I know that I have a disease that I need to treat. I attend 12 step meetings and have found that this helps me tremdously! The support I receive there is exactly what I need. The meetings are not run by counselors or staff. They are all addicts/alcoholics coming together to recover from addiction. We actually have fun sometimes too! On Labor day of this last year, I went to Hawaii with about 20 members for 9 days and we had a blast (clean!) Life is not over when you stop using!
Good luck to everyone in their recovery!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:51 PM

I can honestly say I have not tried any of the harder drugs.but I have seen the suffering and ruin caused by meth and other drugs among people I know,... some family.
My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who are fighting the fight to get off these drugs.Keep on keeping on ..you will win
Old 01-10-2006, 05:44 PM

I am currently attempting recovery for the sixth time. I have used meth since i was about 11 and i am now 21. I was raised in an enviroment that drug using and dealing wasn't just o.k but it was our way of life. My parents have since quit using and i am now a mother of two little boys. My mother has guardienship of my oldest son and County c.p.s. has my youngest. I have been trying to quit using since i was about 15 but every time i try i get 3,4,5,6,7 months clean time and i always relapse. This time I need to maintain my sobriety to get back custody of my children before i lose them forever and i've been doing alright but i continue to relapse like always. I have to stop rolling the dice and chancing it when it comes to my children. I have been to many different recovery homes and programs but i haven't suceeded yet. I am about to enter another live-in program thats a year long,and i am hoping that since its so long a program and at least an hour and a half away from my home town I will finally have a program of sobriety. I wish that i never got into doing meth but thats the past and i have to move forward with my life.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Closed

I sincerely wish you all the luck, support and prayers and I hope that this will be the chance and opportunity that will turn your life around. HUGS
Old 01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
He COMPLETES Me!

Ill keep you in my prayers. God Bless~~~brandi
Old 02-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Well said, eloquent and truthful.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:10 PM

Meth is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's the reason my son ended up in prison. He had never been violent before he used meth.