Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Rons Girl

This friday the 26th will be my six months of being clean. I am more proud of myself everyday and I continue to educate and speak about my experiences to people who use or may end up using. I feel its god's intention for me to be an educator and help save lives. Thats why I have decided to become an advocate for cleaning up people. I plan to use my experience and the experience of the people who were my "friends" at the time, to show young people that drugs really do destroy dreams.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2004, 10:47 AM

I noticed some of you mentioned NA/AA. I wanted to warn you that AA/NA is nothing more than a cult....and statistics show that addicts that do not go to AA/NA have just as good a recovery success as those that do, meaning it doesnt work.
A big thing that bothers me about the 12 step program is it teaches you that you are powerless and makes you group dependant.
You are not powerless... I was a heroin addict for 13 years and beat it on my own...I tried for years in AA/NA and it didnt work...
They told me I wasnt clean if I was taking methadone treatments and I listened to them and tapered off the methadone which caused me to relapse back into heroin because I was so physically sick...so their Bull almost cost me my life..
Websites deleted by Moderator

Last edited by Jeni; 11-23-2004 at 11:36 PM..
Old 11-23-2004, 07:34 PM

You are right scarstruck on the fact that aa/na is NOT for everyone.. In my area .. aa/na is not a cult.. the door swings both ways.. no one asks for nothing your there on your on FREE will.

Congrads on beating your heroin addiction.. that is a MOTHER. i know a few people who do not use the 12 step programs and have kicked on their own. I do agree also that some people in the GROUPS.. need to mind their own business and NOT JUDGE someone if they are using methadone/or medication that is prescribed to them.. instead of pretending their DOCTORS..

Some people use the aa/na .. groups as a social outlet now that they are not in bars etc.. and some find a sprituality they may have never had before in their life.. IT IS EVERYONES choice on how to live clean one day at a time!

Peace
D

Old 01-11-2005, 11:33 PM

(((HUGS))) to you all. And I wish you the best in your recovery !!

Last edited by SCM32; 01-11-2005 at 11:55 PM..
Old 01-12-2005, 10:38 AM

Exclamation I was a Hardcore Meth Freak!!

I too am a recovering meth user. Me and my bf. And I used hard for about 5 years and he used hard needle and all for about 15 or so. It is getting better for me now I have been clean and sober since i got arrested on June 16, 2004. And to be honest I dont think i would have stopped if it wasnt for me and him getting arrested. he is doing 5 years at 85% for that and other cases he had open and for prison priors and a strike so he got socked real bad i got 6 months and did half time since it was my first offense.

Anyway enough about that I am here to tell you hun if you work a serious program like i mean going to meetings getting a sponsor and actually doing the steps your life and your well being will get better and that is a promise. When i first got in here I had lost my freedom, my house, my job, my sanity and was financially broke. Now that I have 6 months clean I was able to geta job that I love, i have a roof over my head, I am going back to school to earn my degree and my life although sad without my baby is getting a hell of alot better and I seriously owe it to NA and AA.

Without the program I dont know where I would be today. And I am sorry if it sounds like I am preaching I just want everyone to know that there is a way out your life doesnt have to be controlled by meth or any drug for that matter anymore. And believe me I was someone who everyone thought was a lost cause so I know that if i can do it anybody can.

I am amazed at he person I am becoming. My family used to be ashamed of me and wanted nothing to do with me and now they tell me on a constant basis how proud they are of me. That is a miracle in itself and I have abf today who is proud to be with me. And that too is a miracle when I was using I was a good for nothing psycotic person to use the term loosley and today I can look at myself in the mirror and not be ashamed of myself and what I have become and for me that is the biggest miracle of all.

And I am sorry like i said for preaching I just want you to know that you are not alone and yes your life will get 100% better but you need to work a program you just cant stop using you have to work the steps and you will be amazed at how much your life will truly change.

If you want to talk or would like more information or whatever just need to vent. I will be more than happy to talk with you just PM I am here if you need me!!

Pita poket

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove
I am a recovering meth user. I have been clean from meth for almost 3 months. The withdrawl symptoms are getting worse now then in the begining. My drug nightmares are worse. MY mental health has gotten 10 times worse than it used to be. There is no joy in this world anymore for me. Will I ever get that feeling back? I hope so. I had only been doing meth since March this year. If the after effects are so bad from just doing it that amount of time, what are the after effects after a year or more of using? These are all retorhical questions but everyones knows the answers. I was 3 months pregnant already by the time I became unselfish and realized my baby was more important then getting high. Meth is one of the worse drugs in this world. My opinion anyways. I watched my friends do it and the way they acted and treated me while I wasnt using and also realized What the hell was Wrong with me??? How could I let myself be invoved with such an addicting and deadly drug. I will tell you my experience wasnt the greatest, I watched my fiancee turn from a sweet angel to a psychotic demon just from being on it. Hearing voices that told him to do bad things, not thinking he was good enough for me. Suspicious and jealous all the time, accusing that went to far. No one is ever their self afterwards. I dont know if I will ever recover from the drug, but I do know I will NEVER touch it again and thats a promise.
Tana
Old 01-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Never Give Up!

Pita, you ROCK!!!! Congrats, girl, I'm very glad you let the drug out of your life. It's a hard row to hoe but you can do it, we ALL can. One day at a time, baby!!!!

I know there are a lot of folks who've had bad NA/AA experiences, and no it isn't for everyone. I tried treatment and it was nothing but a long trigger every time I went. I quit and relapsed hard. It took making the decision by myself and for myself to get clean that did it. I haven't yet seen the inside of an NA group after going on 4 years sober, and I know it's not necessary. I just changed everything about my lifestyle and run with a healthy crowd of a few good friends and concentrate on my job, my kids, and my husband.

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life
Old 01-12-2005, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddysWife
Pita, you ROCK!!!! Congrats, girl, I'm very glad you let the drug out of your life. It's a hard row to hoe but you can do it, we ALL can. One day at a time, baby!!!!

I know there are a lot of folks who've had bad NA/AA experiences, and no it isn't for everyone. I tried treatment and it was nothing but a long trigger every time I went. I quit and relapsed hard. It took making the decision by myself and for myself to get clean that did it. I haven't yet seen the inside of an NA group after going on 4 years sober, and I know it's not necessary. I just changed everything about my lifestyle and run with a healthy crowd of a few good friends and concentrate on my job, my kids, and my husband.
Thank youfor the kind words you are right and i should clarify the program isnt for evryone but I know i tried doing it by myself and i couldnt i needed support from others who are like me and congrats that is awesome 4 years is an incredibly long time for a person liek us to be with out meth or drugs that is truly awesome and i take my hat off to those of yu who can do it without the program. it truly takes alot. Perosnlaly for me I cant say I will never do it again but I atleast no for today I dont want nor do i need that shit. the way I look at it I have come too far now to ever go back to the person i used to be and I am much better for it!!

Seriously though congratulations on four years you should be so proud of yourself!! I would love to chat with you more about how you do it on your own, 2 have four years I know you must be doing soemthing right!!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:06 PM

I have been high for almost 6 years. I had been clean since september. I "fell" again about a month ago. I couldn't take the dreams anymore. Everytime I have tried it's the dreams that bring me back. I thought they would go away eventually, but they got more intense as time went on. I haven't came across a good enough reason to stay clean yet,the right motivation so to speak. I have always been told that when you're ready for it to be gone it will be gone. It is mentally exhausting to try to fight that demon over and over and over, but I have hope that someday all of us will succeed in our attempts to become drug free.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Never Give Up!

I'm sorry shadow. I know how tough it is. The dreams are something else.....I resorted, for awhile, to taking benadryl or tylenol PM to try to knock me into a deep enough sleep that either I wouldn't dream or at least wouldn't remember most of the dreams.

I still have dope dreams, but I've learned to live with them. They're pretty vivid, but I have always been a lucid dreamer, and have always dreamed in full color. I still find myself triggered, I still find myself wanting a hit, but it passes. I keep pretty busy with healthy things and the longer I'm off the sh*t the easier it is to cope with all those uncomfy things.

I know how exhausting it is, but hun, please think about what you're doing to yourself. I don't know if you have kids or family around or a spouse/significant other, but you're missing out on 90% of what makes life worthwhile when you let meth take over. It destroys your body, mind and soul. I know you know all this and that I'm not telling you anything new, but really, it's true what they say about it.

I said way earlier in this thread that it took craving being healthy and sane and normal MORE than the drug to get me to quit. We were part of the "top" of the dope chain....manufacturing - it was around in abundance any time I wanted it. That was part of what made me quit, when it was always there, it lost its appeal. I think most of the addiction is the "thrill of the chase" because when we had a full supply, I quit craving it as much after awhile.

I'm SO glad to be free of that mess....Shadow, my husband is losing 8+ years from life outside, being with his wife and children, because of this sh*t. But for the grace of God I am free, because I chose to get out of the lifestyle just a couple of months before he was taken down by a VERY good friend who snitched him off. As a result, I'm out here trying to raise these kids myself, and awhile back I was dealing with withdrawal while trying to take care of them. When Eddy went in, our son was barely walking. Now he's in kindergarten. He's missed A LOT and he can never, EVER get it back. Life's too short to let dope take you into some dark hole of insanity, or prison, or to kill you before your time. I hope you can find it within yourself to face it head on again....if the dreams and withdrawal get to be too much, see someone about getting along with that. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope to hear from you again.
((((hugs))))
Believe in yourself, you CAN live without meth.....you can NOT live with it.

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life
Old 01-15-2005, 10:21 PM
♥Rebel with a Cause♥
Donation Award 

Congrats to you Babylove.......Keep up the Good Work,Your in My Prayers.I was Lucky and never did do any Kind of Drugs.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
And What?

NA has been a big help in my life along with other things. If they try to play doctor scar -then you were most definately in the wrong group and I am very sorry for that. Several people in my group have depressive disorders as do myself, and we are on medication to help those disorders. I would be left out if they came to me with the attitude you experianced, and I am sorry you did. Without my medication though, I and others would be a ticking time bomb to fall back into the hands of addiction. Your taught you are powerless over addiction - and I feel you are... Addiction is a bitch and you can not fight it on your own because it involves a life change. Now whether or not you need NA to fight it - depends on the person. But you definately need people who are supportive of what you are doing, new friends to show you a new way of life, etc, etc.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:27 PM

I have never used meth. However, my heart goes out to you. I will be praying that God will totally deliver you from this addiction and the desire to do this horrible drug!!
God Be with You.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Lovin' life with baby boy

back when I was in high school and about 15, I used to do meth.... it's a TERRIBLE drug and I'm SOOOOOOOOO thankful that it was only a phase and I was able to get out of it just as quickly as I got into it... and left it alone without ANY problems!!!! Drugs are VERY bad for you and really can screw up your life. I believe that for ALLLLLL drugs... except pot because well, I smoke pot all the time, I still have a GOOD job (legal secretary), a nice new car, a home to call MY OWN and I pay all my bills. I think any drug that brings you down and makes your life fall apart is NOT NOT NOT even worth trying. I know alot of us have tried and some have gotten out of it... some have had problems with it but for anyone that has NEVER done it...... KEEP IT THAT WAY, TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion on things

Old 02-25-2005, 03:32 PM

Personally I don't think there has ever been a drug that does the damage meth does. You deserve a lot of credit for being clean this long and I hope the day comes when you no longer even think about it. Don't romance it, don't think I can use if I change the way I was doing it before..you are lying to yourself. If you feel you are being tempted call N.A. and find support. There will never be a reason good enough to go back, not even losing everything you own or the death of family.

You can do it. One hour at a time if need be but every hour you stay clean is like
money in the bank, an investment on your future life.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,393 Posts

This is a very interesting thread. I used meth for about a two year period and was using other drugs as well. I was in the Rave scene and there was alot of everything around. I don't remember the exact moment that I stopped but I just did. I think I lost tocuh with my hook up so that was it. I still stayed in the scene for a year or so after that slowly stopping first the meth, then the coke then my absolute favorite Ecstacy. But I still hung around the same people for a while and sometime still do. I don't think I was actual addicted even though I was using alot, almost daily. If I didn't have it I never thought to go looking for it or had the feeling that I had to have it and I did use meth for a couple of years. I come from a family of addicts, my younger brother had to go to rehab at one point and we used drugs together but it was harder for him to kick than me. I think I am missing the addict gene that runs in my family. I have regrets regarding my drugs use and then again I don't. But I also didn't have problems stopping as some of you have. I didn't have withdrawals or dreams. I know that I would never do drugs again because when I think back and look at the pros and cons I only see the cons. The stuff could be sitting in front of me right now and I would have no urge, actually it would make me sick just to see and smell the stuff.

Babylove...did you have your baby yet? If you did how is that going, I would love to know.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:40 AM

Default meth sucks

My whole adult life has been thrashed becouse of dope!! I have been on and off for years. If you are still clean, let me know, any ray of hope is great!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:49 AM
bettyroxer

some days are harder than others...depends how much life decides to show up and can i cope. i used to exist in everyday life. what i am saying is i could not function without dope (or so i thought) until i got beat so bad (broken nose, bruised ribs, etc) from my ex who claimed his undying love for me, even after he slammed a big issue in his arm and rearranged my face he still said that he loved me. Go figure. thats what that shit did to me. It robbed me of a love that i will never feel again, violated my trust, left me homeless and my spirit broken. it is a long, difficult road and not always good.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Yes I have defiantly been one who used meth in fact I used it for many years. And many of you already know that I have 9 months clean fromt hat shit as well as clean and sober from any other mind altering substance and I feel great. My life has gotten 10,000 times better than I would haave ever thought possible for an addict such as myself. So I know that if I can get off that shit anyone can!! Belive that!! If anyone wants to talk about it or wants any info on NA or whatever please feel free to PM me. I am here to tell you there is a way out of that lifestyle one that you can never imagine possible.
So please use me for info that is what I am here for I would love to help anyone who wants it in any way that I can!!
The Following User Says Thank You to PitaMcnasty For This Useful Post:
hakimshoney1st (03-28-2012)
Old 03-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Pinky & The Brain Forever

I have never used myself, I consider myself the girl next door that married the really bad boy. All I can testify too is that I have seen what it does to a person. My husband has been an addict for over 15 years, I saw him clean for five. He became sober to be with me. The relapse has been the most horrible nightmare. I couldn't have even fathomed some of the things I would have to experience, the things I have had to be a part of, watching the man I love destroy our kids, our marriage, and even himself. The drug SUCKS and is the most addictive controlling thing I have ever seen. I truly pray that he is done, but unfortunately only time will tell. I have an icredible amount of respect for all of those that are in recovery, even if you have only made it one day, its a start. Good luck to all of you!

Old 03-26-2005, 03:33 PM
"John Dee's 'lil' Wifey"

I used it maybe 3 or 4 times it never got ahole of me though it always made me sick so I never had a problem fighting it but my husband does and it is a very scary thing
2012 Club Member #14!

Old 03-27-2005, 01:18 AM

I started using Methamphetamine in 1999, by June 1,2000 I was on my way to prison for manufacturing meth. My ex-husband and I were sentenced to probation, but my addiction to meth and the needle were stronger than the thought of doing time. So we went prison. After getting out of Prison I stayed off the drug, and away from the needle for 3 years and 5 months. that was until Dec. 2004 when I thought I would try it again. I have been clean now for a little while...and thats my story...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:41 AM

Sweetie, you only THINK you were handling things better on meth. I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts things were not going as well while you were high. It only felt like they were.

You're going through a brain chemical thing right now-your brain literally has to grow back before you can feel good again. Meth kills all that.

Maybe a meeting?

good luck-

leslie
Old 04-19-2005, 01:56 PM

I used about 1 1/2 years ago. I got pregnant, that's how I got off it. It was horrible, the withdrawls I mean. I have stayed clean every since, but sometimes it does sound good. To help me focus, to get my energy, lose weight. But then I think of how my husband looked to me when I was clean and he was using. It was terrible to watch him destroy his body and mind like that. I never want to put myself or my family through that again. Just keep strong, and take it one day at a time. Every day you don't use truly is a victory for you. Even though we don't know each other, I'm proud of you for making the choice and reaching out when you feel weak. That's the only way to beat it!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Drug War Victim

I used for 3 years and then began to manufacture for about 3 more years. I guess I got over it pretty fast once I went to prison. I tried to get clean and couldnt do it on my own. Congratulations to your staying clean, please hang on to that, prison aint nothen nice and if the feds get your name you could be in for a lifetime of problems. I have been clean for almost 3 years!! I dont remember having any withdraw. Currently I have no triggers or desires. I do not understand why but maybe it has to do with going to prison forever and the guilt I have because of what it has done to my family. My brother has lost his children and is now facing another 10 ys fed time. I hate the shit.

You hang on to your sobriety and cherish your family, they will not always be here.

I wish you all the luck in the world and will pray for you.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
MsStacey

Red face I know what you're going thru

I've been clean (from meth and blow) for 3 weeks now. I know what you're going through physically and mentally. I'm 26 and have been struggling with addiction for nearly 10 years now. My boyfriend is currently in the hole for a dirty UA now and I haven't heard from him in days, when usually I get a letter every day, so I'm having a VERY hard time also. Still clean tho! So far so good...

Last edited by MsStacey; 04-19-2005 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: typo