Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:40 PM

Default Anyone else LO incarcerated because of DV?

I am new to this whole thing, but I was wondering if anyone else is going through a similar situation....I feel like I'm the only person but it would help to know that I'm not crazy or anything because none of my friends understand me.

So my husband is facing time for domestic violence against me that happened over a year ago. We were dating at that time. Things were abusive for some time before the biggest incident. but after the biggest incident is when cops got involved and my husband was arrested. We had restraining order enforced and split up for almost four months never speaking to each other again after that night.

When we did meet up again, things had changed, and we got married. Now we are married and very very much in love. My husband has quit drinking almost entirely which has helped our relationship tremendously. But now he has to go to court on warrants for the whole thing that happened with us back then. He already plead guilty to felony corporal battery and felony vandalism and now just has to show up on his warrants for sentencing.

Anyways, Anyone else's man who is incarcerated, incarcerated because of DV he's done to you?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,235 Times in 2,372 Posts

Hi there welcome to PTO,I am sure you will find others here in a similar situation. When you husband is sentenced if he goes to prison you will likely not be able to visit him as you are his victim.
Use this time to seek help and support from DV counsellors you need to build your strength and confidence so if you things relapse and you find yourself subject to further violence in the future you have the support to leave.
I am not saying you will relapse but 12 months isnt that long also and "almost" giving up drinking is not giving up drinking and being sober.

You need to look after yourself.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-27-2017), patchouli (03-19-2017), safran (03-20-2017), Trantham (04-06-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM

Thanked 1,081 Times in 410 Posts

It only takes ONE drinking episode to end your life. Keep that in mind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
Heismyman (03-20-2017), nimuay (03-27-2017), safran (03-20-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 PM

Thanked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts

I think there's quite a few here, but I don't know how many of them post in this section of the forum. PTO is s support forum, but support comes in lots of packages. Were you just looking to take a census? Find some camaraderie with a group of DV victims toughin' it out with their abusers and "we're all in this together" with a knowing smile? In this section you are going to find men and women who left their abusers and therefore lived to tell the story. You're going to find lawyers and counselors who know the legal ins and outs of DV cases. You'll find support and resources and advice and hand-holding and hard truths and anything you need to help you see that abusive relationships are not normal,not healthy, not loving, and not sustainable. We'll help you LIVE.

What you probably won't find is tips or support to "work it out" with your abuser.