Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in South Carolina that do not fit into any other South Carolina subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Anyone still trying to get married in sc i have news !

Hello ladies in gents if you are looking someone to perform the cermony for you I have just become a notary and I understand how this means to you guys cause it meant so much to me to become one with my love so after you done with your paperwork I can perform the cermony !
Isweoriswenot (06-23-2008), Waitin4MyPrince (10-20-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Faith~Hope~Love

Smile Marriage

That's awsome. My man said he checked into us getting married a couple months ago, and he was told that in the state of South Carolina you can not get married while incarcerated. Maybe you know something we don't! Well if you have any information, please pass it on to me.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Default marriage

Ok here goes let me know if u don't understand ok first u need to either go to the probate court in horry county or call either way works request a marriage package tell linda that's the person you need to speak with that he is in prison she will send you the form then its a form you send him he get notarized your part you get notarized from there you write the warden of the facility and ask for permisson to marry once he approves that's when you get a minster or whom ever placed on his list because the cermony has to be performed during visiting hours and he give the date
Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 AM
It is What it Is

Thank you for the useful information.
cbdaniels05 (06-24-2008)
Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 PM

Just wanted to wish everyone luck!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 PM

YAY! Do I hear wedding bells soon girl ? Wink* wink*
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 AM

Yes I have a date of aug 15 my brother will do it he is a notary too but for you girls I am as well and I can perform your cermony no fee envolved ok remember I'm one of you just let me know any one need my number private message me thanks so much
Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

is it really that simple, as getting the form and having it notorized and him getting his notorized, is there not an approval process, my man is being transferred back to SC from NJ(where they are giving us the run around about getting married) if is will be as easy as it sounds then i'm about to scream for joy.
PLease advise......

thanks
tonya

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Closed

Default Plz Help!!!

Hey tamnjay! My fiancee has recently been admitted to Evans Correctional Institution. We really want to be married, but are hearing conflicting advice as to us getting married while he's in prison. Some people (the courthouse) are saying that its impossible to get married because he has to come to the courthouse and sign a paper 1st (obviously he can't). But then i've heard of others getting married in prison. Can u help me?? My regular email is (Removed per policy), but you can also just post on here. Thank you so much!!! *bizzle*

Last edited by patchouli; 05-17-2017 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: removed email
Old 08-30-2008, 08:58 AM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

Please post here beacause I am wanting to know as he is closer to being transferred back to SC and I want to know what needs to be done to make this happen as soon as possible.

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 09-02-2008, 05:51 PM

the first thing you have to do is contact a woman by the name of linda i will look for her number i forgot her job title exactly but she works in the horry county clerk office she is the one that will pretty much send you the marriage packet i recomend when you get it in the mail call her she can walk you threw filling out your portion its tricky trust i went threw 2 lol then you send him his and this is where it get complitcated at because they(meaning scdc) will play with the mail im very serious he will not receive it because they try to discourage i sent jason 3 forms before he actually got received it i would cry becuase this was all i was wanting i got smart i sent his form to his lawyer and he finally got it then i was so affraid to right the warden a letter for permission to get married in his jail but i went with my heart and we approved it and when you write the warden you have to send him a copy of the certifcate and thats when its get more fustrating because sometimes they will approve but after the certifcate expires gold figure huh but when they see you will not lay down and just take it things happen im not saying to discourage im only saying this to inform to let all know what they are up againist finally he has the person performng the cermony on his visiting list my brother performed mine he moved down here with so i would not be alone i read a post here and got the idea of notary perfect solution since i didnt belong to a church down here and he performed it on jasons first visit out of lockup i havent seen him since because the dorn he is in is on lockup again and they are giving me the run around changing my name so i can visit but im glad i did it ! so final question was it worth it ? answer: heck yeah lol
Fellaswifey (09-02-2008)
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

Thanks Tam,
that helps a great deal, as soon as they move him i will be on it. We want to be married b4 the year is out, and with GOD on our side I know it will be so.

Was there a fee for the liscense? if so how much and when do we pay for it?

Blessings,
Tonya

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

Tam,
How long did it take from start to finish?

He's HOME , AMEN

Last edited by Fellaswifey; 09-02-2008 at 07:47 PM..
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM

it took about 2 months and most of the wait was with the warden and yes there is a fee now yours may be diffrent because i started mine in ct i was out of state so i paid $140 but i think it is like $ 25 or 40 for in state im still looking for the number sorry it took so long for a response been studying for school
Old 09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

Thanks for the info and it did not take that long, I;m just glad to hear even the 140 because NJ was trying to get me for 500-800 plus the cost of my trip up there.

Thanks,
Tonya

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

Years ago I went to Charleston and we had issues and we broke up for a long time and we did not finish the process. We got back together and now we want to get married. I called Charleston Probate Court and I was told I that they no longer do it with inmates. So I am glad to see that Horry County will allow this. I went online to Horry County Probate court I did not call yet because I wanted to know if these are the same forms if so I am just going to print these off instead of waiting on snail mail. Good Luck & Best Wishes to everyone. God Bless!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

I called and spoke with Linda she is very nice and very helpful. I believe she is the only Linda there just ask for her. The forms are online all except the affidavit but the number there is 843 915 5370

Old 09-11-2008, 10:52 AM

Is it really that simple. I know there will be a wait but it seems worth it. My Fiance & I Planned on getting married before he went to court but his attorney who also happens to be my mothers family attorney told us that it may hurt his case. That was crap. You see I have a son & daughter who Jason(My Fiance) has raised since she was 13 mths & he was 4. They are now 7 & 10. Well they can't visit him b/c their not biologically his, but he's the only dad my daughter knows & my son adores him. Their biological father is not in their life at all. Jason is their dad. It would tear their world apart not be able to see him until he gets home 6yrs & 11 mths from now. They'll both be teenagers. It's already hard not seeing him just for 4 mths. So this is our last hope, can you please explain the process to me? Me living in Greenville, SC wouldn't change where I get the packet from? Jason's mom's fiance's sister is a minister & is willing to help us out. Please help!

Last edited by shana8008; 09-11-2008 at 10:55 AM..
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shana8008 View Post
Is it really that simple. I know there will be a wait but it seems worth it. My Fiance & I Planned on getting married before he went to court but his attorney who also happens to be my mothers family attorney told us that it may hurt his case. That was crap. You see I have a son & daughter who Jason(My Fiance) has raised since she was 13 mths & he was 4. They are now 7 & 10. Well they can't visit him b/c their not biologically his, but he's the only dad my daughter knows & my son adores him. Their biological father is not in their life at all. Jason is their dad. It would tear their world apart not be able to see him until he gets home 6yrs & 11 mths from now. They'll both be teenagers. It's already hard not seeing him just for 4 mths. So this is our last hope, can you please explain the process to me? Me living in Greenville, SC wouldn't change where I get the packet from? Jason's mom's fiance's sister is a minister & is willing to help us out. Please help!
You still will have to get the packet from Horry County.Once you get it call Linda back so she can help you with the terms and also making sure the paperwork is correct.Then you will send him what he needs to fill out and then after he sends it back to you then you will need to write the warden for premission to get married at the insititution or you can just get the forms notorized if you know someone that will do that for you then you file your paperwork.It is a little hectic but worth it.Good Luck & Best Wishes

Old 09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

once the paperwork is filed is there a expiration date on it if so how long is it good for. Since the warden has to approve it. I'm trying to prepare myself.

Thanks,
Tonya

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

I am not sure about that part

The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Superwoman For This Useful Post:
Fellaswifey (09-15-2008)
Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 PM

I am in the same situation. I am glad someone knows how to get answer thet want to here for those a** that work in the prison system. I don't live in Horry Co can I still request the packet from them? My fiance is in McCormick Co and I'm in another Co.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

From what I have gathered from previous posts it doesn't matter what county you are in.

He's HOME , AMEN

Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 PM
The Truth Is Forever
Donation Award 

No it does not matter what county you are to get the packet.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
B's Baby Girl For Life!

Just a FYI it was $75 in Horry county when i got married in july of 2007 to my husband, any questions i'll be glad to help!